Rollergirls

Monday 10:00 PM on A&E Premiered Jan 02, 2006 Between Seasons

waltmor

Rollergirls Fan Reviews (7)

7.2
  • Wow. This was unexpected...

Years ago back on TNN, I recall passing by Rollerjam, thinking that it was one of the stupidest things I'd ever seen. I'd watch a few minutes, laugh, and quickly change the channel before anyone else walked into the room to see what I was doing.

Imagine my suprise when I stumbled across Rollergirls one Saturday afternoon. Bored, I decided to watch. 'The Rookie' was the episode and within about 5 minutes, the show had created about 3 characters that I was genuinely interested in. The stylish production also drew me in.

Here's the thing about Rollergirls - despite the overall sport still being pretty goofy in my eyes, the show paints an awesome sense of drama and genuine characters that you can't help but hate and love. Because of that, you will actually be caring about the outcome of the eventual match-up between the 2 teams. I can safely say I was PISSED when the Holy Rollers beat the Hellcats in episode 2.

Simply one of the better documentary/reality shows that I've ever come across.