Romantically Challenged

ABC (ended 2010)

Romantically Challenged Fan Reviews (4)

7.9
  • Has potential, but is missing something...

After watching 2 episodes, my forecast for this show is not good. My problem is with the characters. The episode plots themselves aren't terrible and would be great if the actors were given a chance to show more depth and personality. The show seems centered on Alyssa Milano's character Rebecca, a newly divorced mom. With her character being a divorcee, her son is rarely present. You'd think having a teenaged son, she would be ever-present in his life. I can't even sum up a word to describle her personality and as for her presence, she's just there. I also can't even say she's 2-dimensional because she has no dimension at all. Her character is outshined by the younger sister, Lisa. Her character has potential and is interesting. She's the elementary school teacher with a kinky side. She's comical at the right moments. She's the only character I can say needs no adjustment. As for the other characters, Shawn, the ladies man is a great idea, but I find his dialogue flimsy and his character not entirely convincing. A ladies man would be much more suave and charming. Perry, the unexperienced and uptight friend is so boring he could put you to sleep. Heighten the traits he's supposed to be all about! Add little shocks that are out of character! (Like nice Perry who likes to get even and NOT in a nice way.) These are just some of the examples of what this show is missing most: personality! If the writers could incorporate more personality into their characters, I'm sure the actors would play them off well. Give the actors a chance to show what they can do!!!