Ronin Warriors Forums

(ended 1995)

Off air!?

mangafreak15

[1]Jun 1, 2006
    • level: 19
    I'm so mad they took it off air. It was years ago when they did it, but it still bothers me, even now. I liked the show a lot. Anyone else care to offer an opinion?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ninjasrok

[2]Jun 8, 2006
    • level: 2

Yes, it was a great show. I never did like anime and I still don't, but Ronin Warriors is the only exception. It's the best anime cartoon ever and the only good one, just my opinion though. My favorite warrior is Sai and my favorite warlord is Anubis.

The show seemed to have quite a lot of similarities to Mortal Kombat. The most obvious one is the Ancient and Raiden. Both have a similar outfit with hat, both are protectors of the mortal realm, and they both have a staff, the Ancient is practically Raiden in animated form. There is also a Netherealm in the show just like in Mortal Kombat. Anubis' weapon can kind of be similar to Scorpion's spear, the yellow coat he wears in his armor kind of looks like Scorpion's ninja uniform, and Anubis' story is almost like Scorpion's now that Scorpion is working for the elder gods. Sekhmet's poison corrodes stuff and it's rumored that he's half human, half snake, just like Reptile. Kale has the power of darkness like Noob Saibot. Kayura has sais and is very speedy like Mileena and her story is kind of similar to Kitana. And there's probably lots more similarities.

I guess this might be why I liked the show, but it was probably the action that appealed to me. An alternative to Ronin Warriors would probably be Sailor Moon, but I didn't find that show or any other anime interesting. Ronin Warriors is the only anime I watched, it's too bad it only lasted 39 episodes. Hopefully they bring it back soon like to maybe Cartoon Network, that's the last time it was on about five years ago and it was only on a few months then got quickly taken off the air.

Raven1983

[3]Jun 16, 2006

This show was the best.....I wish they'd put it back on tv.

mangafreak15

[4]Jun 25, 2006
    I'm glad some people agree with me. ^_^

Raven1983

[5]Jun 26, 2006

and here I thought I was the only one who remembered this show....phew, that's a relief that I'm not.

mangafreak15

[6]Jun 27, 2006
    Hee, hee. No way I could forget it! It was what first got my attention on TV. I can still remember hurrying home every day so I wouldn't miss the first bit of it...

Raven1983

[7]Jun 27, 2006

I know the feeling...I definitely looked forward to it after school.

It would drive me nuts if I missed the beginning..

mangafreak15

[8]Jul 5, 2006
    lol

The_Rebell

[9]Jul 13, 2006
    • level: 1
    I remember watching Ronin Warriors all the time when I was younger.  Now that I have the complete season it reminds me how I got hooked into it.  It was great for the timeframe.  When I saw some of the other mini series' they made of the ronin warriors later on I thought they sucked.  Also in the one where they fight talpa Ryo is pronounced ryo.  In the three or four other mini series' they made they pronounce his name reo.  It is so annoying!  Perhaps none know what I'm talking about...

ninjasrok

[10]Jul 17, 2006
    You're talking about the OAV videos, right? Yeah, they weren't as good as the episodes. They made some unnecessary changes for some reason. They changed Rowen's virtue to wisdom and Sage got an entirely new virtue, grace. Some super attacks were also changed, Sai says "Wave Crusher!", Sage says "Lightning Strike!", and Ryo in the Inferno Armor says "Rage of Wildfire!". Also when they armor up they now say "To Arms!" instead of "Dow Shi!" or something. And there's probably other changes. In the last OAV called Message, the warriors get the new armor upgrade, but you never get to see them use it.
    Edited on 07/17/2006 8:17am

beatdisciple

[11]Aug 23, 2006
    • level: 20
    I literally grew up on this show. I would wake up every morning around 5:30 to watch it while I had breakfast. I loved it and mourn the loss of it still.

Miroku1015

[12]Oct 3, 2006
    • level: 3
    Lots of great memories of the summer of 95 and Ronin Warriors was one of them. You can grab it on DVD I hope you know? Bandai released a few years back. A 10 volume set. Plus the OVA's later on. A diamond in my collection thats for sure.

Lady_Celest

[13]Nov 10, 2006
    • level: 12
    Love the show!  It was my first anime DVD set.^^

iheartGibbs

[14]Mar 25, 2007
    • level: 11
    In college, one of my best friends and I used to get together after our 8:00 classes to watch this show and eat cereal, like we were kids again. We loved it! My favorite was Rowan; hers was Sage. We loved Anubis. Favorite moment: Ryo slapping Uli. We laughed our butts off at that.

iX-gamer

[15]Apr 9, 2007
    I remember watching this show back in 95' or 96'. I used to watch it every day after school classes. I think it used to air on Cartoon Network if I'm not mistaken. This would have to be the first anime that I saw. Then I think Sailor Moon came second. (I'm pretty sure Sailor Moon aired on Cartoon Network afterwards [After Ronin Warriors aired on tv]) Fond memories.... (Anyways, can someone redirect me or link me to the series DVD only)

ric240

[16]Jun 30, 2009
    • level: 1
    not sure yet im looking myself i miss watching it i wish to find any of the shows that i can watch in english if any one knows let me know too but i thought i saw a dvd one for about $75 i forgot where thou .

lare84

[17]Aug 11, 2010
    • level: 38

I'm over it, I have tapes!