Rookie Blue

Bullet Proof

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Jul 29, 2010 on ABC

7.4
  • Possibly the best episode so far, in my opinion. It had a bit of everything: it was funny, it was sad, there was action, there was drama, and I'm guess this is just the beginning.

I think what I love the most about this show is how everyone has a story, and what's more, not all of them have come out yet. We have our rookies: the tortured main character who rarely lets people get close to her, the funny dork with the broken family, the mean skank with issues of her own that we haven't really gotten into, the good catholic boy who seems to want to break free of that image, and the single mother who tries to do everything at once without any help. And even the older officers and detectives have their stories. Bullet Proof gave us glimpses into some of those stories. From Diaz and Peck's first homocide solved on their own (and their celebration afterwards) to Nash and Williams' heart to heart about being mothers and women on the force. We get a peek at the "real" Callaghan that Swarek was telling Andy about during the previous week's episodes as well as some more of the "real" Swarek seeing and possibly getting closer to the "real" Andy. And there was the story of Benny, the not-so-gangster gangster who tried to do right with what he had. You grow to like certain characters even more, and others even less in this episode and, for a summer show, or for any show for that matter, I am really loving this. Definitely a must-watch episode. I see things continuing to unravel in the following episodes.