A Rookie Blue Community
ABC (ended 2015)

The rookies aren't rookies anymore. ABC, along with co-producer Global Television, announced Wednesday that it has renewed the veteran (and now somewhat confusingly titled) series Rookie Blue for a fifth season. Production is set to begin in Toronto in January because that's when they have the best weatherThe show, currently airing Thursdays at 10 PM, is enjoying its best season since 2010. Considering the plethora of great television currently available for us to watch in bed all day with the blinds closed so no sunlight can reach our pale pasty skin, that's saying something.

Phew, now that I've got all that out of the way, I have to ask one question of you Rookie Blue fans... my experience with the cops is limited to re-watching old episodes of The Shield and constantly berating myself for never having found the time to watch Southland, but how is it that these cops are still considered rookies? It's been four years now, right? Shouldn't they have been promoted by now? And if they're being held back because they're not very good, should we alert the locals? I'm just saying, I don't know how safe I would feel if I lived in their precinct. 

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 9/3/2015

Season 6 : Episode 11

34 Comments
Comments (34)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I love this show! I hope rookie blue will be back in 2015. I've been watching the reruns on ION but now they took the reruns off. I'm really bummed about this because I could watch this show over and over. Does anyone know who to contact to let them know and to see if there will be another season this year?
Flag
I actually just started watching Rookie Blue, and I love it. I hope ABC changed their mind about canceling this show.
Flag
Rookie blue is a Canadian show. ABC as no say in its renewal or cancellation. Even if they "cancel" it, it would still air in Canada.

+ We're already 4 episodes into the season here :)
Flag
if they are the most recent additions to the team, even with a few more new newbies, they could still be considered rookies...
Flag
its been 4 seasons but not 4 years, actually i think they recieved a couple new rookies starting the season so i would say season 5 could be around year 2 and 3
Flag
Awesome that it's returning, can't wait :) love this show!!
Flag
I love this show, but oh God the music...
Sooo annoying! Like the creators thought "Let's put in cheesy anonymous indie songs, because yeah, repetitive and dull indie music equals youth."
I hope we will see the Peck-Holly relationship for a long time, not only through a half season to boost ratings!
Flag
Technically, they are not Rookies, but if you've watched the show like many of us have, new Rookies have shown up on the show every year since the middle of the second season. So technically, it would still be considered a suitable title for the show
Flag
So excited for the early renewal!
In terms of the rookie thing, the idea of the show is that even though the officers are no longer rookies, they can still make rookie mistakes and experience each case like rookies.
Flag
YAY!!!! :D
Flag
Glad to hear it. It's a good show.
Flag
Also, TV time is different than real time. A day on a TV show could last two or more episodes. Then again, some shows jump ahead in time between episodes. Then yet again, two or more day can occur in one episode.

So realistically, this all probably means that we should be meeting our fresh-faced police academy graduates in the first episode of the season then see them old, gray, and fat out of shape retired by the last episode of the season.
Flag
I forget how they handled it every season on this show, BUT...

The in-show universe has gone on multiple years. I think one of the seasons they even commented that a new batch of rookies was coming in (or had come in).

Also, there was a jump of like 6months (or more) between the previous season and this season while two of the characters were on an under cover mission.
Flag
It's Canadian and it's AWESOME! this show needs more TV.com love!
Flag
Awesome! Just awesome!
Flag
This show was still going? I thought it got cancelled AGES ago.
Flag
"how is it that these cops are still considered rookies?"
You're a rookie until new rookies arrive.
"Shouldn't they have been promoted by now?"
One of them has been promoted (to detective).
Flag
Yay! This is the second best news I have heard all day, the first being that James Roday joined twitter.
Flag
My understanding is that the rookies from the first season have all moved on but they still make rookie mistakes every now and then, I would imagine that being a cop is all about experience, and experience takes time to allot, so even though they can navigate normal situations well, stuff they do all the time, they still have problems with bigger things, stuff they've never done before. So even though they're not rookies by name (one's a detective in fact), they're rookies at heart, in some respects anyway.
Flag
Are we even sure this is a real show? I swear I've only heard of it like 3 times, and never in real life. Five seasons?!? You don't say!
Flag
Because Canadian, probably.
Flag
Canadians check to see if we really exist everyday. If we pinch a non-Canadian and they feel it, there's another day of existence.
Flag
I'm glad ABC renewed Rookie Blue. This season Priscilla Faia joined the cast as Chloe Price. She's quickly becoming my favorite character.

Also at this point they should just change the title to "Blues". After all, Traci is now a detective (even if it's temporary thing) and Andy is experienced in undercover work.
Flag
Ehh, that's cool. I don't watch it all the time, but I'll watch it when I'm home, and it's pretty solid. If it wasn't this show, they'd just make another three months later.
Flag
New cops are considered 'rookies' for about 5 years, so they're still within range.

Some of the original rookies on Rookie Blue have been promoted. They are also bringing in new rookies, so they could use the name for a long time to come...
Flag
Follow this Show
Members