Rookie Blue

Different, Not Better

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Jun 27, 2013 on ABC

• Andy and Cruz, Epstein and Chloe

15 Division pairs off to search for an ATM robber who has begun getting violent. This means Andy is stuck with Cruz, her ex-boyfriend's new lover who has an entirely different opinion of how to go about being a cop than Andy, and Epstein is stuck with Chloe (the stalkerish young one-night stand who turns out to be a rookie cop and Best's god daughter).

The episode gives us a pretty elaborate paint gun battle which ties back into the episode's final scene between Andy and Swarek an the (at least for now) end of their relationship. Priscilla Faia makes for an interesting addition to the cast and despite Chloe's annoyances Espstein has to admit the pair make a pretty good team. I'll be interested to see how others relate to the extremely perky young officer as the show moves forward.

Andy and Cruz get sidetracked from the main case by noise complaints about a mentally-unstable woman and her neighbor who has finally had enough. Andy's call takes the neighbor into custody but leaves the calmer woman alone. Sadly, this will have dire consequences for everyone (except apparently Andy) in the episode's second-half. We also get an almost too cute storyline between Gail and Nick as they come across an urn while going through property for an upcoming police auction.

You can find my full recap and review (with pics) at RazorFine.