Rookie Blue

God's Good Grace

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Sep 08, 2011 on ABC

• Absolutely mind blowing!

The last three episodes have been Andy/Sam heaven! And this one was no different! I may have cried a little as Jamie Brennan beat up Sam and was a little confused at the introduction of the new rookie, but overall it was amazing. I thought for a minute at the ending that Sam wasn't going to talk to Andy, but then he pulled up next to her and asked her to be normal with him and I cheered so loud my dog started barking! LOL
    The episode was a little drawn out, but that's mostly because I couldn't stand to see Sam being hurt! The ending was a great for the other characters as well, Frank and Noelle having a baby is so sweet. I'm not sure how I feel about Gail and Luke getting together, but on the whole I'm glad that Dov and Diaz are back to being friends. It was an awesome season finale, I don't know how I'll make it too next summer but I'm glad I have something so great to look forward to.
    They did a great job of fulfilling the fans wishes to see Sam and Andy as a couple, while also keeping Andy's overall storyline going. I know its going to be hard for her to be suspended but I'm honestly so glad that her and Sam will get some alone time. Maybe they will be together as a couple next season, though I can't help but wondering if that means they won't be able to ride together anymore. In the end, I'm sad that it ended but so happy with the conclusion! Good job abc!

• Absolutely outstanding and wonderful television / story telling!

This episode is really wonderful television and shows us why it is an excellent story telling media. The big screen may have the fame and the Oscar, but it the media television that can and does tell stories. It can and does, also, have a lot of trash.

This episode of Rookie Blues is an outstanding example of how television is prime story telling media! The best example during this example is when Officer McNally is telling the Cadet about clearing a house and we watch her team doing it.

I'm sure some will say the plot was too easy to figure out and give other reasons to say it isn't a superior or perfect episode. Those reasons maybe real, but given how the episode fits into the season and how it leaves you at the end, it is a great story and a well spent hour.

If you have yet to watch the episode, do yourself a favor and watch it from the start, BUT . . . Do yourself a favor a watch it only after you are up to speed on the story lines making up this episode. This series is well worth the time it will take to watch it, at least in the opinion of this viewer / reviewer.

ABC, I can hardly wait for the next season and - please - consider a full 22 episode run for the third season (even if you do it in a split format). Hey, if you do do a split format, you should consider more than 22 episodes ... say 13 and then 10 or even 13 (so 23 - 26 total episodes) for season 3, please.