Rookie Blue

TesserT

User Score: 1936

Rookie Blue Fan Reviews page 2 of 2

• Love it!!

I've loved this show since the first episode! BUT...I have never EVER been as distraught as I was when Jerry was killed. I'm telling you I was a mess!! I coudn't stop crying! And I NEVER act like that over a movie, or show! I'm def still mouring the loss lol but I still love the show nonetheless...just didn't see that one coming! :(
  • Looking ahead...

I am new at this so I might be off topic here, but has anyone else noticed that Ben Bass does not appear in the cast for episodes 12 (Every Man) & 13 (I Never)?

After the loss of Det. Barber, better not take out Swarek too, he's vital to this ensemble cast.
  • Great Show

After seeing just one episode I was hooked on the show. It has a great cast.
  • Badge?

I only have one question, why don't they wear badges? This is the first police drama that I watched that the cops did not wear badges... Plus Enuka Okuma is damed HOT.
  • AMAZING!

I've been following this show since season 1 and really fell in-love with it in season 2. Now... that the show is in it's 3rd season, it is absolutely incredible! I love how the writers went about exploring different characters this season and how they are shining the spotlight on every character individually!

This show is worth waiting for all year round - summer television is no longer boring!

I am particularly happy that we already know there is going to be a season 4!

Go Rookie Blue!
  • I just love this show

This show has everything in it. It's just excellent. I love it.
  • Best Show Ever!!!!

This is one of the best shows ever. It's funny, entertaining, dramatic, and best of all realistic. The action is great and so is everything else about this show. The producer would be a fool to ever end this show. If abc ever cancels or switches this to a different channel they will definitely be losing a lot of viewers. Plus they wouldn't have any good shows anymore. This show is a must keep for many years to come!
  • I get to learn about the life as a cop.

They tell and show you how intense the situations become.... cooool. This show is my partner in crime!
  • i love this show

I am addicted to the show I watch Law and Order shows but this one is my favorite of many I love how they all are getting along and the rookies become best friends it works because andy and traci are best friends and dov and chris are best friends and oliver and sam are too
  • Unexpected

I read the premise and saw the images of the show and thought this would be a joke. But I really like Missy Peregrym (reaper) and thought that it was worth a watch. It's not your typical cop show but after a few episodes I was hooked. And yes Missy is definitely one of the reasons but it's but the writing the cast are part of the appeal.
  • I love this show and it's staying strong for the second season!

This show is they Greys Anatomy of the police force! Like in GA, newbies in their profession, the characters struggle to gain experience while dealing with personal drama, be it falling for co-workers, dealing with annoying family situations, or their internal struggles.

Unlike other cop shows, and LIKE Greys' Anatomy, the storyline focuses on the characters' lives and being a cop is just one part of a big puzzle. I think the writers are doing a great job developing the characters, and making the storyline believable, and how each episode isn't about just one story line. The charcters' development is pretty well balanced throughout the season. The cast I also think is excellent. Great chemistry on and off screen among the actors! While I wish it was a regular season show, I also think that being a summer series is a big plus, because the show doesn't get lost in the long list of senior prime-time shows that it would have to compete with, even though I do think it can hold its own even if it was a regular season show.

If season 3 is as good as the first two, I do believe this show has the potential to be a long-running series.
  • Great one!

When you had a bad day, it's great way to boost yourself. So what if it's not 100% real, I have enough real stuff in my own life, I want great past time TV show relax. If I want to educate myself I read a book, when I want to relax I watch Sam Swarek and enjoy myself. Can't wait season 3!

• One of the best shows of the summer.

This show is something else I have not usually gotten into many summer dramas but this showed me how great summer shows can be. This show mixes what I love about crime procedural but keeps me excited for next weeks episode. It is show mainly about five rookies mainly Andy and how she is working through her life as a Toronto city cop. This show is kind of what I would call Grey Anatomy just with more Bad A$$ action. All I know is I will be tuning in for the Summer's to come.

• The worst cop show I've ever seen

Really, this show is so bad that I couldn't finish the pilot, I couldn't get past 11th minute, when they have to search the transexual, which was an awkward situation bordering silliness and not the first one: these rookies just don't seem to have had any kind of training, I get the whole "life on the street is an entirely different beast", but Not being able to use a damned radio? asking about drawing a gun? asking to bring the gun home? absurd. No one in the cast save himself (or helself) about the acting part (terrible, especially missy peregrym). The most incredible part is that this show got the premiere with the HIGHEST ratings (a 2.0 in 18-49) of all summer broadcast shows. Even If I'm fairly sure the audience will go away pretty fast I'm stunned anyway.
  • Light entertainment for a season or two.

As my fellow reviewers already pointed out, this is propably not one of the all time great cop shows. And I don't think it is trying to be.
    I like the idea of following a group of rookies around, watching them getting their feet wet for the forst time in the "rough real world". I like the characters and the way they have their own demons. I like the older cops that smile - and sometimes downright laugh - at the rookies. It's all a fun mix without too much depth.
    And this is where I think this show will stuble. The shallowness of (most of) the charaters and the fact that - as the title sais - we are dealing with the story of rookies. These rookies will be not be rookies much longer and I just hope that the writers can make that transition.
  • Great new show!

I really like this show, and I'm hoping it will get renewed. Every episode seems to draw me in more and more. At first I didn't really know how long they could drag out the rookie-idea, but apparently there is a lot you can do by being a cop ;)
    The characters are very diverse, but each of them likeable in some sort of way. Andy ofcourse, seems to carry the show more than the others and shows the most promise for a carreer in detective work.
    I like the dynamic of the characters, especially the rookies with their training officers. Noelle is great, being tough and strict at one timme, and vulnerable at the other. Although she struggles with personal issues, when it counts, she is all about the job.
    In short, this is a show you must watch, it's addictive. It's the sort of show that slowly takes you in and then you find yourself looking forward to a new episode every week just to see what happens. They have enough storylines to keep them going for at least a season or two, and I hope there will be more!
  • it started out pretty good but it showed its true nature after a few episodes... too bad. i kinda liked it.

it started as rookie cops trying to get by the day without making any errors that would cost them or their fellow officers their lives but it ended up turning into a series of love sick puppies and love triangles. kinda like grey's anatomy, it is set in the hospital but its not a Medical Show. i now respect "Days of our lives" or "The Bold and something" for showing what it really is, soaps. Rookie blue is just a wannabe cop show quickly spiraling like a hurricane into their own world of Oz. please follow the yellow brick road and get back to what Rookie Blue should really be about.
  • Not Emmy worthy, but definitely interesting.

I stumbled upon this show by accident: I was browsing through Hulu, looking for something interesting to watch. When I saw the name of this show, I was apprehensive. Another cop show? I nearly passed it up, but I was bored enough to sit through the pilot episode. 9 episodes later, I must say that this show did not disappoint. I was skeptical at first, having been spoiled by shows such as Law & Order and CSI, I was certain that this could not compare. I was right, however, the episodes so far have delivered exactly what I was looking for: a show interesting enough to keep me coming back for more. It is different from the usual cop shows in that it offers a more personal look into the characters lives. This allows the characters to become more real, and I admit that I have teared up once or twice along with the characters. All in all, if you are searching for the next best cop show, this is not it. If all you need is an hour of decent writing, acting, and entertainment, then this may be the show for you.
  • Greys Anatomy with cops and hotter chicks

This show is watchable, but it is so much like Greys Anatomy, its unreal. I am sure there will be a lesbian affair some time soon. I like to see the sites of Toronto and think its funny they never mention the city by name, yet use all the real street names and neighbourhoods and show the CN tower in all the cityscape shots/

• A glazed doughnut

As cop shows go, Rookie Blue is about as original as a glazed doughnut. I'm not sure why I keep watching it... Maybe because, despite the empty calories, I find comfort in its predicable sugary goodness? But that kind of cuteness just seems odd in a police drama now we've become accustomed to the rough social realism of shows like Southland or The Wire. Maybe it's the never ending excitement of watching Missy Peregrim choose between blond McPerfect and dark McSexy? (no wait, that's why I watch Grey's Anatomy). Guess I'll just have to keep watching until I figure it out.
  • Not bad, not bad at all.

This isn't one of the all time great police dramas, but it's worth a look. When it comes to police dramas there are some truly outstanding shows from the past that provide the yardstick by which a show like this is measured. Rookie Blue doesn't come close to masterpieces like Hill Street Blues or NYPD Blue, but it was definitely worth a look and I don't feel that an hour of my time has been wasted. The characters are interesting and show a lot of potential for some interesting development, and Ill be waiting to see how far the writers can take this show. Promising, but we'll see.
1 2 >