Rookie Blue

Thursday 10:00 PM on ABC Premiered Jun 24, 2010 In Season

TesserT

Rookie Blue Fan Reviews (52)

• The worst cop show I've ever seen

Really, this show is so bad that I couldn't finish the pilot, I couldn't get past 11th minute, when they have to search the transexual, which was an awkward situation bordering silliness and not the first one: these rookies just don't seem to have had any kind of training, I get the whole "life on the street is an entirely different beast", but Not being able to use a damned radio? asking about drawing a gun? asking to bring the gun home? absurd. No one in the cast save himself (or helself) about the acting part (terrible, especially missy peregrym). The most incredible part is that this show got the premiere with the HIGHEST ratings (a 2.0 in 18-49) of all summer broadcast shows. Even If I'm fairly sure the audience will go away pretty fast I'm stunned anyway.
  • How

I cannot stand the character Andy and she spoils it for me every week,I don't think she's a very good actress either, she couldn't even muster up a decent (pretend) cry in last night's episode,she has no morals either and is constantly messing up at work, yet gets away with it!! I am LOVING chloe and Dov and Gail's finding herself is very interesting, well Gail is my favorite character in any case,send that stupid Andy back to cadet school and she can then sleep with all the newbies.
  • it started out pretty good but it showed its true nature after a few episodes... too bad. i kinda liked it.

it started as rookie cops trying to get by the day without making any errors that would cost them or their fellow officers their lives but it ended up turning into a series of love sick puppies and love triangles. kinda like grey's anatomy, it is set in the hospital but its not a Medical Show. i now respect "Days of our lives" or "The Bold and something" for showing what it really is, soaps. Rookie blue is just a wannabe cop show quickly spiraling like a hurricane into their own world of Oz. please follow the yellow brick road and get back to what Rookie Blue should really be about.
  • Loving this show

I started watching this because of Gail and Holly but I also love the rest of the show! It's great
  • A guilty pleasure

Writers play fast and loose with workplace procedures, police procedures, and real life, but it's a really, really fun show anyway.
  • Andy is getting boring

She keeps getting in trouble and she is an idiot. She also makes a stupid face every time she gets in trouble. She also failed terribly in handling the rookie Moore. Price is a better character she should be focused more in the coming episodes rather than Andy. Andy is getting boring.
  • Rookie Boo!!!

I thought maybe it was me, but danharvell1 said it all. It is not the show it was in season one.
  • Not Emmy worthy, but definitely interesting.

I stumbled upon this show by accident: I was browsing through Hulu, looking for something interesting to watch. When I saw the name of this show, I was apprehensive. Another cop show? I nearly passed it up, but I was bored enough to sit through the pilot episode. 9 episodes later, I must say that this show did not disappoint. I was skeptical at first, having been spoiled by shows such as Law & Order and CSI, I was certain that this could not compare. I was right, however, the episodes so far have delivered exactly what I was looking for: a show interesting enough to keep me coming back for more. It is different from the usual cop shows in that it offers a more personal look into the characters lives. This allows the characters to become more real, and I admit that I have teared up once or twice along with the characters. All in all, if you are searching for the next best cop show, this is not it. If all you need is an hour of decent writing, acting, and entertainment, then this may be the show for you.
  • Nick is soooo hot

Nick is so hot...

Andy makes a great couple with both Nick and Sam but she should stick to Sam.

Higher position at work more money etc...
  • Sam & Andy

Will they ever get back together. Just isn't right seeing them with other people. But how will Sam get over her sleeping with entire precinct? Gotta get those two hitched.
  • Greys Anatomy with cops and hotter chicks

This show is watchable, but it is so much like Greys Anatomy, its unreal. I am sure there will be a lesbian affair some time soon. I like to see the sites of Toronto and think its funny they never mention the city by name, yet use all the real street names and neighbourhoods and show the CN tower in all the cityscape shots/

• Badge?

I only have one question, why don't they wear badges? This is the first police drama that I watched that the cops did not wear badges... Plus Enuka Okuma is damed HOT.
  • Great show!

Love the cops in this show! If you're looking for another show with some great cop characters watch Reckless!
  • Show sticks to its guns! (no pun intended)

Drama

Developing storyline

Fresh characters

Winning formula
  • A clever title goes here!

Love the show!! I hope that it's coming back.
  • Did Chris need some real time off from the show?

The whole drug/rehab thing happened fast! Lets get this boy back to work! I also want to see Andy and Sam stay together and I have a friend who wants to see Season SIX open with their wedding!!

• Looking ahead...

I am new at this so I might be off topic here, but has anyone else noticed that Ben Bass does not appear in the cast for episodes 12 (Every Man) & 13 (I Never)?

After the loss of Det. Barber, better not take out Swarek too, he's vital to this ensemble cast.
  • Love It

I got into at first because I found out Missy Peregrym was on it,she played a character named Andy and a love interest was named Sam since I watched her on Reaper where my favorite couple was Sam & I watch it because it's actually a good show as well
  • Can't wait for the next season!!

Love this show, cannot wait to see what happens next season
  • This is a great show !!!

At first I didn't think it was going to be great, but I was wrong. These rookies start off knowing nothing and become experts as times gooes on. I am finishing up Season 1 and this show is great. It has action, comedy, romance and drama, everything you could possibly want ! My new favorite potential couple is Sann (Sam and Andy).
  • Great Show

After seeing just one episode I was hooked on the show. It has a great cast.
  • Rookie Blue

when are they going to put back on Rookie Blue on TV
  • what's with the breaks?

I like watching Rookie Blue, but this season I don't understand why the heck they keep taking such long breaks...... We're only on episode 4!!! What's up with that?
  • Great new show!

I really like this show, and I'm hoping it will get renewed. Every episode seems to draw me in more and more. At first I didn't really know how long they could drag out the rookie-idea, but apparently there is a lot you can do by being a cop ;)
    The characters are very diverse, but each of them likeable in some sort of way. Andy ofcourse, seems to carry the show more than the others and shows the most promise for a carreer in detective work.
    I like the dynamic of the characters, especially the rookies with their training officers. Noelle is great, being tough and strict at one timme, and vulnerable at the other. Although she struggles with personal issues, when it counts, she is all about the job.
    In short, this is a show you must watch, it's addictive. It's the sort of show that slowly takes you in and then you find yourself looking forward to a new episode every week just to see what happens. They have enough storylines to keep them going for at least a season or two, and I hope there will be more!
  • Rookie Blue ( #1)

Currently, the best ,cop program, ever. A "must watch"! Love the shows dialogue. Don't pick on Andy. She isn't boring at all. Love her character, plus, her cuteness. Also, I agree with the majority of viewers, that Sam & Andy stay as a couple.
  • Badges 2

Badge?

By CliffordBreid, Aug 03, 2012

Your answer, Clifford:

Because they are Canadian cops. Most of the cop shows on TV are set in American cities where they wear badges on their uniforms but it's different here in Canada. The series is set in Toronto. That's the Toronto skyline you see in the opening when it says "Rookie Blue" and it often shows the CN Tower.

Even though it does not explicitly state it, the setting of the show is in Toronto. They often refer to Toronto streets and landmarks, and nearby Canadian towns like Timmins, and Scarborough. You occasionally see Canadian money as well.
  • A friggin month???????????

I know that I dont necessarily treat this show like I would a normal season favorite, but I have become use to watching it in the summer schedule. And whilst I knew it wasn't going to air instead of the NBA finals, I did NOT know it would be close to a month before I get to see the next episode, and now I am seriously bummed. This time of year is fun for tv, Rookie Blue, masterchef, Wilfred, you don't have to follow them religiously but you can enjoy them and now i have to wait a month. I am not loving ABCs programming people right now.

• The beat goes on

we defiantly know Rookie blue will return on a cliff hanger Sam, Nick, Andy, Dove and Chloe and her unknown husband wow we'll have something to look forward too.
  • Pretty Amazing Show,Can't wait for Season 4!

This show is great and exciting,cant wait to watch season to see more of Luke and Andy.
  • Best TV Show in a long time!!!

I love how real and authentic their characters are. So refreshing to have a TV Show where Characters actually care about one another, no drama, no vindictive bs. Real life Problems that are taken like adults and not a bunch of immature drama snots. And is has a good Amount of Humor too.

I watched all 3 Seasons already at least 4 times :)
< 1 2