Rookie Blue

Thursday 9:00 PM on ABC Premiered Jun 24, 2010 Between Seasons

TesserT

User Score: 1932

Rookie Blue Fan Reviews (48)

• A glazed doughnut

As cop shows go, Rookie Blue is about as original as a glazed doughnut. I'm not sure why I keep watching it... Maybe because, despite the empty calories, I find comfort in its predicable sugary goodness? But that kind of cuteness just seems odd in a police drama now we've become accustomed to the rough social realism of shows like Southland or The Wire. Maybe it's the never ending excitement of watching Missy Peregrim choose between blond McPerfect and dark McSexy? (no wait, that's why I watch Grey's Anatomy). Guess I'll just have to keep watching until I figure it out.
  • One of the best shows of the summer.

This show is something else I have not usually gotten into many summer dramas but this showed me how great summer shows can be. This show mixes what I love about crime procedural but keeps me excited for next weeks episode. It is show mainly about five rookies mainly Andy and how she is working through her life as a Toronto city cop. This show is kind of what I would call Grey Anatomy just with more Bad A$$ action. All I know is I will be tuning in for the Summer's to come.

• Great one!

When you had a bad day, it's great way to boost yourself. So what if it's not 100% real, I have enough real stuff in my own life, I want great past time TV show relax. If I want to educate myself I read a book, when I want to relax I watch Sam Swarek and enjoy myself. Can't wait season 3!

• Unexpected

I read the premise and saw the images of the show and thought this would be a joke. But I really like Missy Peregrym (reaper) and thought that it was worth a watch. It's not your typical cop show but after a few episodes I was hooked. And yes Missy is definitely one of the reasons but it's but the writing the cast are part of the appeal.
  • Started Strong, Fall Apart Quickly

1.5
    Season one of Rookie Blue had me absolutely hooked. The writing seemed strong, as did the character development. But, before I could say the words, "General Hospital", Rookie Blue went from being a strong police drama, focused on the ups and downs of being a rookie-in-blue to being nothing more than a watered down soap opera that is more about who is in who's bed, rather than the trials and tribulations of police work. That is not even considering the fact that if a police officer screwed up as many times in the real world as the characters in Rookie Blue have screwed up, they would be fired, on the spot. If you're looking for a sleek police drama that makes you genuinely care about its characters, watch season one. If you are looking for a soap opera focused on which co-worker the lead is sleeping with, this week, feel free to pick the show up, right where it's at.
  • Disappointed

Nick & Andy are NOT right for each other. They don't have that chemistry that she had with Sam. They hooked up in the first season, then in the second one and the third. There was always something there. She didn't had with Luke or Nick what she had with Sam. So please, bring Andy and Sam back together. They were perfect for each other.

Who's next? She'll be with Epstein, Chris or even Oliver? One at the time until she finishes with the precint.
  • AMAZING!

I've been following this show since season 1 and really fell in-love with it in season 2. Now... that the show is in it's 3rd season, it is absolutely incredible! I love how the writers went about exploring different characters this season and how they are shining the spotlight on every character individually!

This show is worth waiting for all year round - summer television is no longer boring!

I am particularly happy that we already know there is going to be a season 4!

Go Rookie Blue!
  • I just love this show

This show has everything in it. It's just excellent. I love it.
  • Light entertainment for a season or two.

As my fellow reviewers already pointed out, this is propably not one of the all time great cop shows. And I don't think it is trying to be.
    I like the idea of following a group of rookies around, watching them getting their feet wet for the forst time in the "rough real world". I like the characters and the way they have their own demons. I like the older cops that smile - and sometimes downright laugh - at the rookies. It's all a fun mix without too much depth.
    And this is where I think this show will stuble. The shallowness of (most of) the charaters and the fact that - as the title sais - we are dealing with the story of rookies. These rookies will be not be rookies much longer and I just hope that the writers can make that transition.
  • Not bad, not bad at all.

This isn't one of the all time great police dramas, but it's worth a look. When it comes to police dramas there are some truly outstanding shows from the past that provide the yardstick by which a show like this is measured. Rookie Blue doesn't come close to masterpieces like Hill Street Blues or NYPD Blue, but it was definitely worth a look and I don't feel that an hour of my time has been wasted. The characters are interesting and show a lot of potential for some interesting development, and Ill be waiting to see how far the writers can take this show. Promising, but we'll see.
  • Season 5

Where's the new season? It started last night........
  • Best Show Ever!!!!

This is one of the best shows ever. It's funny, entertaining, dramatic, and best of all realistic. The action is great and so is everything else about this show. The producer would be a fool to ever end this show. If abc ever cancels or switches this to a different channel they will definitely be losing a lot of viewers. Plus they wouldn't have any good shows anymore. This show is a must keep for many years to come!
  • i love this show

I am addicted to the show I watch Law and Order shows but this one is my favorite of many I love how they all are getting along and the rookies become best friends it works because andy and traci are best friends and dov and chris are best friends and oliver and sam are too
  • I get to learn about the life as a cop.

They tell and show you how intense the situations become.... cooool. This show is my partner in crime!
  • Nick & Andy?

Am I the only one that is disappointed that Andy broke up with Nick? I used to want Sam & Andy to be together until Nick & Andy became a couple. Nevertheless, I really enjoy the show and all the characters.
  • I'm in love with Rookie Blue!

I love this show! I actually shed a tear because it'll be close to a year before I can watch a new episode. Awesome awesome show
  • Love it!!

I've loved this show since the first episode! BUT...I have never EVER been as distraught as I was when Jerry was killed. I'm telling you I was a mess!! I coudn't stop crying! And I NEVER act like that over a movie, or show! I'm def still mouring the loss lol but I still love the show nonetheless...just didn't see that one coming! :(
  • I love this show and it's staying strong for the second season!

This show is they Greys Anatomy of the police force! Like in GA, newbies in their profession, the characters struggle to gain experience while dealing with personal drama, be it falling for co-workers, dealing with annoying family situations, or their internal struggles.

Unlike other cop shows, and LIKE Greys' Anatomy, the storyline focuses on the characters' lives and being a cop is just one part of a big puzzle. I think the writers are doing a great job developing the characters, and making the storyline believable, and how each episode isn't about just one story line. The charcters' development is pretty well balanced throughout the season. The cast I also think is excellent. Great chemistry on and off screen among the actors! While I wish it was a regular season show, I also think that being a summer series is a big plus, because the show doesn't get lost in the long list of senior prime-time shows that it would have to compete with, even though I do think it can hold its own even if it was a regular season show.

If season 3 is as good as the first two, I do believe this show has the potential to be a long-running series.
  • SAM AND ANDY

If Sam and Andy do not stay together I will quit watching the show - give Nick someone else but let Sam and Andy play out. They are adults and have to learn to deal with adult relationships and feelings. Every couple struggle with certain things because men and women are very different, but let it grow and mature -
  • Best show ever

I just love this show its amazing!
  • AMAZING

honestly i was giving up on Canadian tv shows, it seemed that a lot of them were cheesy, predictable and unrelated but one day i heard of this rookie tv show so i looked it up watched an episode and absolutely fell in love with it. Thank you so much for such an amazing show that i look forward to every Thursday (when the episodes are on) and every season
  • The beat goes on

we defiantly know Rookie blue will return on a cliff hanger Sam, Nick, Andy, Dove and Chloe and her unknown husband wow we'll have something to look forward too.
  • Pretty Amazing Show,Can't wait for Season 4!

This show is great and exciting,cant wait to watch season to see more of Luke and Andy.
  • Best TV Show in a long time!!!

I love how real and authentic their characters are. So refreshing to have a TV Show where Characters actually care about one another, no drama, no vindictive bs. Real life Problems that are taken like adults and not a bunch of immature drama snots. And is has a good Amount of Humor too.

I watched all 3 Seasons already at least 4 times :)
  • Best shows on tv.

Up there with NYPD Blue. Simple idea for a show but what a wonderful idea.GREAT!!
  • Badges 2

Badge?

By CliffordBreid, Aug 03, 2012

I only have one question, why don't they wear badges? This is the first police drama that I watched that the cops did not wear badges..

Your answer, Clifford:

Because they are Canadian cops. Most of the cop shows on TV are set in American cities where they wear badges on their uniforms but it's different here in Canada. The series is set in Toronto. That's the Toronto skyline you see in the opening when it says "Rookie Blue" and it often shows the CN Tower.

Even though it does not explicitly state it, the setting of the show is in Toronto. They often refer to Toronto streets and landmarks, and nearby Canadian towns like Timmins, and Scarborough. You occasionally see Canadian money as well.
  • A friggin month???????????

I know that I dont necessarily treat this show like I would a normal season favorite, but I have become use to watching it in the summer schedule. And whilst I knew it wasn't going to air instead of the NBA finals, I did NOT know it would be close to a month before I get to see the next episode, and now I am seriously bummed. This time of year is fun for tv, Rookie Blue, masterchef, Wilfred, you don't have to follow them religiously but you can enjoy them and now i have to wait a month. I am not loving ABCs programming people right now.

• Great new show!

I really like this show, and I'm hoping it will get renewed. Every episode seems to draw me in more and more. At first I didn't really know how long they could drag out the rookie-idea, but apparently there is a lot you can do by being a cop ;)
    The characters are very diverse, but each of them likeable in some sort of way. Andy ofcourse, seems to carry the show more than the others and shows the most promise for a carreer in detective work.
    I like the dynamic of the characters, especially the rookies with their training officers. Noelle is great, being tough and strict at one timme, and vulnerable at the other. Although she struggles with personal issues, when it counts, she is all about the job.
    In short, this is a show you must watch, it's addictive. It's the sort of show that slowly takes you in and then you find yourself looking forward to a new episode every week just to see what happens. They have enough storylines to keep them going for at least a season or two, and I hope there will be more!
  • what's with the breaks?

I like watching Rookie Blue, but this season I don't understand why the heck they keep taking such long breaks...... We're only on episode 4!!! What's up with that?
  • Love It

I got into at first because I found out Missy Peregrym was on it,she played a character named Andy and a love interest was named Sam since I watched her on Reaper where my favorite couple was Sam & I watch it because it's actually a good show as well
< 1 2