Rookie Blue

Thursday 9:00 PM on Global Premiered Jun 24, 2010 Returning June 19, 2014

TesserT

Rookie Blue Fan Reviews (42)

• Badges 2

Badge?

By CliffordBreid, Aug 03, 2012

Your answer, Clifford:

Because they are Canadian cops. Most of the cop shows on TV are set in American cities where they wear badges on their uniforms but it's different here in Canada. The series is set in Toronto. That's the Toronto skyline you see in the opening when it says "Rookie Blue" and it often shows the CN Tower.

Even though it does not explicitly state it, the setting of the show is in Toronto. They often refer to Toronto streets and landmarks, and nearby Canadian towns like Timmins, and Scarborough. You occasionally see Canadian money as well.
  • Best show ever

I just love this show its amazing!
  • AMAZING

honestly i was giving up on Canadian tv shows, it seemed that a lot of them were cheesy, predictable and unrelated but one day i heard of this rookie tv show so i looked it up watched an episode and absolutely fell in love with it. Thank you so much for such an amazing show that i look forward to every Thursday (when the episodes are on) and every season
  • Show sticks to its guns! (no pun intended)

Drama

Developing storyline

Fresh characters

Winning formula
  • The beat goes on

we defiantly know Rookie blue will return on a cliff hanger Sam, Nick, Andy, Dove and Chloe and her unknown husband wow we'll have something to look forward too.
  • How

I cannot stand the character Andy and she spoils it for me every week,I don't think she's a very good actress either, she couldn't even muster up a decent (pretend) cry in last night's episode,she has no morals either and is constantly messing up at work, yet gets away with it!! I am LOVING chloe and Dov and Gail's finding herself is very interesting, well Gail is my favorite character in any case,send that stupid Andy back to cadet school and she can then sleep with all the newbies.
  • Sam & Andy

Will they ever get back together. Just isn't right seeing them with other people. But how will Sam get over her sleeping with entire precinct? Gotta get those two hitched.
  • Disappointed

Nick & Andy are NOT right for each other. They don't have that chemistry that she had with Sam. They hooked up in the first season, then in the second one and the third. There was always something there. She didn't had with Luke or Nick what she had with Sam. So please, bring Andy and Sam back together. They were perfect for each other.

Who's next? She'll be with Epstein, Chris or even Oliver? One at the time until she finishes with the precint.
  • Rookie Boo!!!

I thought maybe it was me, but danharvell1 said it all. It is not the show it was in season one.
  • what's with the breaks?

I like watching Rookie Blue, but this season I don't understand why the heck they keep taking such long breaks...... We're only on episode 4!!! What's up with that?
  • Love It

I got into at first because I found out Missy Peregrym was on it,she played a character named Andy and a love interest was named Sam since I watched her on Reaper where my favorite couple was Sam & I watch it because it's actually a good show as well
  • Started Strong, Fall Apart Quickly

1.5
    Season one of Rookie Blue had me absolutely hooked. The writing seemed strong, as did the character development. But, before I could say the words, "General Hospital", Rookie Blue went from being a strong police drama, focused on the ups and downs of being a rookie-in-blue to being nothing more than a watered down soap opera that is more about who is in who's bed, rather than the trials and tribulations of police work. That is not even considering the fact that if a police officer screwed up as many times in the real world as the characters in Rookie Blue have screwed up, they would be fired, on the spot. If you're looking for a sleek police drama that makes you genuinely care about its characters, watch season one. If you are looking for a soap opera focused on which co-worker the lead is sleeping with, this week, feel free to pick the show up, right where it's at.
  • A friggin month???????????

I know that I dont necessarily treat this show like I would a normal season favorite, but I have become use to watching it in the summer schedule. And whilst I knew it wasn't going to air instead of the NBA finals, I did NOT know it would be close to a month before I get to see the next episode, and now I am seriously bummed. This time of year is fun for tv, Rookie Blue, masterchef, Wilfred, you don't have to follow them religiously but you can enjoy them and now i have to wait a month. I am not loving ABCs programming people right now.

• A guilty pleasure

Writers play fast and loose with workplace procedures, police procedures, and real life, but it's a really, really fun show anyway.
  • Pretty Amazing Show,Can't wait for Season 4!

This show is great and exciting,cant wait to watch season to see more of Luke and Andy.
  • Can't wait for the next season!!

Love this show, cannot wait to see what happens next season
  • Best TV Show in a long time!!!

I love how real and authentic their characters are. So refreshing to have a TV Show where Characters actually care about one another, no drama, no vindictive bs. Real life Problems that are taken like adults and not a bunch of immature drama snots. And is has a good Amount of Humor too.

I watched all 3 Seasons already at least 4 times :)
  • Best shows on tv.

Up there with NYPD Blue. Simple idea for a show but what a wonderful idea.GREAT!!
  • This is a great show !!!

At first I didn't think it was going to be great, but I was wrong. These rookies start off knowing nothing and become experts as times gooes on. I am finishing up Season 1 and this show is great. It has action, comedy, romance and drama, everything you could possibly want ! My new favorite potential couple is Sann (Sam and Andy).
  • A clever title goes here!

Love the show!! I hope that it's coming back.
  • I'm in love with Rookie Blue!

I love this show! I actually shed a tear because it'll be close to a year before I can watch a new episode. Awesome awesome show
  • Love it!!

I've loved this show since the first episode! BUT...I have never EVER been as distraught as I was when Jerry was killed. I'm telling you I was a mess!! I coudn't stop crying! And I NEVER act like that over a movie, or show! I'm def still mouring the loss lol but I still love the show nonetheless...just didn't see that one coming! :(
  • Looking ahead...

I am new at this so I might be off topic here, but has anyone else noticed that Ben Bass does not appear in the cast for episodes 12 (Every Man) & 13 (I Never)?

After the loss of Det. Barber, better not take out Swarek too, he's vital to this ensemble cast.
  • Great Show

After seeing just one episode I was hooked on the show. It has a great cast.
  • Badge?

I only have one question, why don't they wear badges? This is the first police drama that I watched that the cops did not wear badges... Plus Enuka Okuma is damed HOT.
  • AMAZING!

I've been following this show since season 1 and really fell in-love with it in season 2. Now... that the show is in it's 3rd season, it is absolutely incredible! I love how the writers went about exploring different characters this season and how they are shining the spotlight on every character individually!

This show is worth waiting for all year round - summer television is no longer boring!

I am particularly happy that we already know there is going to be a season 4!

Go Rookie Blue!
  • I just love this show

This show has everything in it. It's just excellent. I love it.
  • Best Show Ever!!!!

This is one of the best shows ever. It's funny, entertaining, dramatic, and best of all realistic. The action is great and so is everything else about this show. The producer would be a fool to ever end this show. If abc ever cancels or switches this to a different channel they will definitely be losing a lot of viewers. Plus they wouldn't have any good shows anymore. This show is a must keep for many years to come!
  • I get to learn about the life as a cop.

They tell and show you how intense the situations become.... cooool. This show is my partner in crime!
  • i love this show

I am addicted to the show I watch Law and Order shows but this one is my favorite of many I love how they all are getting along and the rookies become best friends it works because andy and traci are best friends and dov and chris are best friends and oliver and sam are too