Roommates Forums

ABC Family (ended 2009)

ABC Family??

chaosrainz

[1]Mar 23, 2009
    • level: 17

I don't mean to sound like a prude and I haven't seen the show yet, just the previews...

I do intend to watch, and I won't be offended or anything, but I'm an adult and don't have kids. This just doesn't strike me as something you'd think of as being on a channel with the name "family" in it.

It seems a bit racy for that.

I just wonder what ABC Family is thinking.

Does anybody else think that? And yes, I know it's on at 9... but I just think of things on a "family" channel as stuff that anybody in the family can watch without having to explain what (insert off color comment here) means or where babies come from. lol

Do you think it will work on that channel?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Butterscotch3

[2]Mar 23, 2009
    • level: 6

There's actually a whole history that goes with why ABC Family is called so...it has to do with negotiations made as the company has changed hands (from the Family Channel to ABC Family)...it's actually pretty interesting if you'd like to read about it: ABC Family

I think they're really striving to reach a "young adult" demographic here, and given how well they've handled the drinking/sexual aspect of Greek and the teen pregnancy on Secret Life...I would think it will be done tastefully. I have not missed an episode of either of those, and I have grown increasingly pleased with how they handle adult situations that I think many networks are afraid to tackle.

I'm also really just thrilled to see another sitcom on the books. Such dark tv out there nowadays, and I'm happy to see more comedy pilots getting the chance to compete. The more I can laugh, the happier I am

Edited on 03/23/2009 3:35pm

chaosrainz

[3]Apr 13, 2009
    • level: 17
    thanks for the input!