Roseanne

Becky Howser, M.D.

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Jan 16, 1996 on ABC

• I wish I could say I loved this episode. I didn't like it as much as I was hoping to.

I think this could have been a very good episode of the show. I just wanted to make a point. I think the deteroration of the show is evident in this episode. Watching Lecy Goranson, returning to the show after her approximately three year absence, trying to maintain the character of Becky while interacting with Roseanne. If the show is running as it should, there would be continuity in their relationship. Lecy seems to have difficulty in maintaining her character when she is interacting with Roseanne in the important scene in the trailer home. It's funny to me too, because she seems out of place like somebody just threw her in a trailer home without her knowledge. Like the other Becky made that decision, but if the show is written well, they're supposed to be the same character. Anyways, Roseanne and Becky's relationship isn't what it was in earlier seasons. The show is trying, but something is wrong between the change in Roseanne's character and the writing. Watching it, feels like your show fell apart. I would like to give this episode a higher rating, but I don't feel I can.