Roseanne Forums

ABC (ended 1997)

Home Sweet Home - The Conner House

tcarreon

[21]Apr 25, 2007
    • level: 7
    Yeah, that was really cool, and I would imagine quite a fun time finding those places. I know when I watch shows filmed in places where I've lived (read, Dallas mainly) it's fun to find places I've visited that show up on screen.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SparkleFarkle

[22]Apr 26, 2007
    • level: 46
    EvansvilleIN wrote:

Sparkle, was it my photo album you saw?  Here is a link to pictures I took of the buildings I could find here.  Someone has copied my pictures and added them on other websites, but these are all mine (I own the negatives if that's any proof).

http://photos.yahoo.com/evansvilleandy

I bought the old picture of the house at the auction they had several years ago at the house.  It shows the house before the upstairs was added.  There is one picture I copied off ebay of someone here in Evansville on an old Harley, and I thought it looked a lot like Dan.  The rest are taken off my TV screen.  I posted these pictures on the old tv tome site and a person there copied them and said "he found" the Lobo, this was after I had posted the pictures and told everyone where it was.  If you look close at the picture of the Lobo from Roseanne, you can see the "Edgar" road sign, that is how I found it.  Still looking for some of the other buildings, like the plastic plants.  I like eating at the little diner, they have great breaded Tenderloins, and fried mushrooms.  That is on Fulton Ave. near the plastic factories that may have been used in some of the still shots.  They altered the picture, but you can still see the unusual sign.  It is in the episode where Roseanne goes out to cool off, and gets a cold cup of coffee.  I got the light shown in the picture because it use to be on the front porch before it was remodelled.  It is not shown in any pictures on the house though.  That was from the same auction.  I tried to find something that reminded me of the show.  I was hoping to find an afgan.  Last Saturday, I did finally get a "granny quilt" afgan at another auction.  I also got the original instructions on how to make them.

Thanks for sharing your photo album with us-- what a treasure! Especially the faux-Dan on the Harley! I had never seen your album before, and the pictures Heist81 referred to on sitcomsonline.com weren't the ones I'm trying to relocate, either. The photographs I ran across were big and each came with a commentary. I thought I put them in my "Favorites," but I can't seem to track them down. I'm not giving up the hunt, though!

Heist81

[23]Apr 26, 2007
    • level: 10
    Hey those are some sweet pictures, I saw some of those in the gallery on sitcomsonline, I didn't know you took them.

EvansvilleIN

[24]Apr 26, 2007
    • level: 6
    I saw them on a website about a year after I posted the link on tvtome.  I think the guy who stole my pictures went by the ID "payphone".

BrianEvansville

[25]Feb 25, 2008
    • level: 2

Yes, the house is at 619 S. Runnymeade just south of the University of Evansville off of Lincoln Ave. The Lobo is now Talk of The Town Pizza/Bar, open Mon-Fri 11a.m-11p.m. The church with the two steeples is St. Anthonys located on N. First Ave & Delaware St. You can see the shot of the steeples with the row of houses just two blocks away at 3rd & Delaware. The hospital is located on Cherry St. It's the old Welborn Hospital. ?? Welman Plastic might be Berry Plastcs off Mary Street?? Not sure where Jackies house, Rodbells, and The Lunch Box are located.

Brian

Edited on 03/09/2008 7:00pm
    Edited 2 total times.

astrix83

[26]Feb 25, 2008
    • level: 1
    EvansvilleIN wrote:

Sparkle, was it my photo album you saw? Here is a link to pictures I took of the buildings I could find here. Someone has copied my pictures and added them on other websites, but these are all mine (I own the negatives if that's any proof).

http://photos.yahoo.com/evansvilleandy

I bought the old picture of the house at the auction they had several years ago at the house. It shows the house before the upstairs was added. There is one picture I copied off ebay of someone here in Evansville on an old Harley, and I thought it looked a lot like Dan. The rest are taken off my TV screen. I posted these pictures on the old tv tome site and a person there copied them and said "he found" the Lobo, this was after I had posted the pictures and told everyone where it was. If you look close at the picture of the Lobo from Roseanne, you can see the "Edgar" road sign, that is how I found it. Still looking for some of the other buildings, like the plastic plants. I like eating at the little diner, they have great breaded Tenderloins, and fried mushrooms. That is on Fulton Ave. near the plastic factories that may have been used in some of the still shots. They altered the picture, but you can still see the unusual sign. It is in the episode where Roseanne goes out to cool off, and gets a cold cup of coffee. I got the light shown in the picture because it use to be on the front porch before it was remodelled. It is not shown in any pictures on the house though. That was from the same auction. I tried to find something that reminded me of the show. I was hoping to find an afgan. Last Saturday, I did finally get a "granny quilt" afgan at another auction. I also got the original instructions on how to make them.

Thank you for posting those, I always wondered what the house looked like and where the location was. Your photo album on yahoo has been removed, but that is because yahoo photo is gone. So I googled your username from your photo album and found it on photo bucket. Thanks again.

astrix83

[27]Feb 25, 2008
    • level: 1

Oh and I looked up the house on msn maps and found it pretty easy. Heres a lil pic I took just follow the link

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/2615/rosyscribjz2.jpg

Edited on 02/25/2008 6:29pm

BrianEvansville

[28]Mar 9, 2008

The house just went on the market for 126,000. Follow this link;

http://www.realtor.com/realestate/evansville-in-47714-1096719412/

SparkleFarkle

[29]Mar 9, 2008
    BrianEvansville wrote:

The house just went on the market for 126,000. Follow this link;

http://www.realtor.com/realestate/evansville-in-47714-1096719412/

INCREDIBLE, BrianEvansville! Hot tub, hardwood floors, central air, two-car garage (possibly with a boat being built in it?)... only $126,000! I only wish that I could convince my husband and daughter that we need to move Evansville! Are you thinking of buying it? Thanks for sharing this info on the forum!

BrianEvansville

[30]Mar 9, 2008
    I would have bought the house if it was on the market three months ago. My partner and I relocated to Evansville this past summer and I have had my eye that house. Unfortunately the only house available at the time was the one right accross the street from it. We ended up building a Jagoe home at the Glenns, off of Oakhill Drive. I know that who ever is interested in buying the house could get a killer deal right now. I am going to keep my eye out for the "open house". I can't wait to walk through and check out the floor plan. I realize it is not going to be the same as the T.V. series, but just the idea of being in "The Connor House". I will keep you updated.
    Edited on 03/09/2008 6:53pm

SparkleFarkle

[31]Mar 10, 2008
    Thanks, BrianEvansville! I went back to your link and submitted a few inquiries to the real estate agent. In the meantime, I'm still trying to convince my husband that we should consider making the jaunt (I live in Wisconsin) and take a look around. What a thrill it would be! (even a bigger thrill to live there, but I know I'm going nowhere with that consideration). Please let me know if you hear of an open house date-- if I have a particular time frame to work with, I might get somewhere with convincing my husband that we need to make the trip ("A girl can dream can't she?!"). If you do make it inside, please make it Photo Op Day as well-- I'm sure all of us Roseanne fans, here, on the forum, would love it if you could post some interior shots. Thanks again!

BrianEvansville

[32]Mar 10, 2008

Hey sparklefarkle, what a great Idea. I will now make it a covert mission to get inside that house a take pictures. If you do make it to Evansville sometime in the near-future, I could meet up with you and take you on a tour of the sites from the show that I have discovered so far. I will keep you informed about the open house.

SparkleFarkle

[33]Mar 10, 2008
    BrianEvansville wrote:
    I will now make it a covert mission to get inside that house a take pictures.
    This would be sooo great! Thanks!
    BrianEvansville wrote:
    If you do make it to Evansville sometime in the near-future, I could meet up with you and take you on a tour of the sites from the show that I have discovered so far. I will keep you informed about the open house.
    This would be even better! This is just the kind of ammo (a guided tour) I need to get my husband to consider the possibility. If he's not game, maybe my daughter and I will have to make the trip without him. She's not the biggest Roseanne fan, but certainly tops my her dad, and thinks it would be fun!

wegie_man

[34]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 24
    WOW! That's cheap for such a house. It's Approx. $610 Per Month, that's about $620 CDN. Plus Electricity, Water, Cable, Internet, etc. It's probably around $900 - $1,000. That's an incredible deal for a bungalow.

SparkleFarkle

[35]Mar 13, 2008
    wegie_man wrote:
    WOW! That's cheap for such a house. It's Approx. $610 Per Month, that's about $620 CDN. Plus Electricity, Water, Cable, Internet, etc. It's probably around $900 - $1,000. That's an incredible deal for a bungalow.
    LOL! We're all so excited about this find and it's amazing price-- maybe it's just a prop! LOLouder! Do you think Garvin Eddy comes with the deal? LOL!
    Edited on 03/18/2008 7:56am

SparkleFarkle

[36]Mar 18, 2008
    BrianEvansville wrote:

Hey sparklefarkle, what a great Idea. I will now make it a covert mission to get inside that house a take pictures. If you do make it to Evansville sometime in the near-future, I could meet up with you and take you on a tour of the sites from the show that I have discovered so far. I will keep you informed about the open house.

Since my last post to you (#33), my tax refund arrived. Rats! After paying the bills, there's not enough left over to buy the Conner house OR just make the trip to Evansville to see it. DOUBLE RATS! I'm counting on you,BrianEvansville, to post some exclusive pictures of the place, if you get the chance of a Roseanne fan's lifetime and tour the oh-so-venerable homestead (Maybe take some shots of the Lobo and the school, too?). Thanks! And, thanks for extending the invitation as well! I hope that sometime down the road, I can come for a visit.
    Edited on 03/18/2008 8:10am
    Edited 5 total times.

jww047

[37]Mar 21, 2008
    • level: 16
    That would be awesome to see some pics of the house. I love the conner house, and I don't think it is small at all. I think it is about the normal size house. If anyone wants to see a small house, come to mine. With 4 people and two pets living in a tiny, cramped twin house I can barely breathe. I wish so much that I could have a house like the conners.

tcarreon

[38]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 7
    SparkleFarkle wrote:
    Since my last post to you (#33), my tax refund arrived. Rats! After paying the bills, there's not enough left over to buy the Conner house OR just make the trip to Evansville to see it. DOUBLE RATS!

Well you know, Roseanne had a solution for that...

First send in the phone bill, and forget to sign the check. Then you send the water bill to the electric company and the electric bill to the water company. And you know that charge card bill? It never showed up.

Angelwomyn

[39]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 65
    In another episode, Roseanne also mentioned sending an unsealed envelope so that the recipient would think the cheque fell out.

SparkleFarkle

[40]Mar 26, 2008
    tcarreon and Angelwomyn: You guys are a riot! ***gets serious*** Ya know? I might just have to give your (Roseanne's ?) advice a shot! If it all works out, you two will be at the top of the invitation list for my Hey, I Bought THE House Party!
    Edited on 03/26/2008 3:16am