Roseanne Forums

ABC (ended 1997)

Home Sweet Home - The Conner House

tcarreon

[41]Mar 26, 2008
    • level: 7
    you know, if we could get 100 people to donate $1300 (or 1000 to donate $130) the house could be purchased by the tv.com roseanne forum community. i bet we could even get roseanne herself to come to the housewarming. though she might steer clear of all of us weirdos who bought the house that was used as the outside of a tv show house.

i bet if the current owners sold it in a "lotto" they'd make a lot more than just selling it straight-up.

also i wonder if they're aware of the "fame" of the house. maybe it's some older couple who got tired of all the strangers showing up and gawking at their house.
    Edited on 03/26/2008 2:00pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SparkleFarkle

[42]Mar 27, 2008
    • level: 45
    tcarreon wrote:
    you know, if we could get 100 people to donate $1300 (or 1000 to donate $130) the house could be purchased by the tv.com roseanne forum community. i bet we could even get roseanne herself to come to the housewarming. though she might steer clear of all of us weirdos who bought the house that was used as the outside of a tv show house.
    Perect idea! I'll run get a hat to pass!
    tcarreon wrote:
    ...also i wonder if they're aware of the "fame" of the house...
    I emailed an inquiry to the Realtors and, playing stoopid, I asked it the house was the one used on Roseanne. I think they are well aware of the fact that it's a famous house (why they don't use that to their selling advantage, I'll never know) and must be bombarded with that same question as they totally ignored me with no response to the email. You'd think they'd take a Roseanne fan as a serious customer intent on purchasing.
    Edited on 03/27/2008 8:58am
    Edited 2 total times.

tcarreon

[43]Mar 27, 2008
    i spoke with my bf last night about the house and how funny it was a few months ago i told him how "awesome" it would be if the roseanne house were for sale and *boom* here it is for sale.

he said "well if you want to buy it..." i told him "no, that'd be silly" but i was already salivating and wondering where i could get a crappy old sofa with an afghan and a flying eagle for over the fireplace.

now if i can just find all those pennies we have somewhere.

SparkleFarkle

[44]Mar 27, 2008
    tcarreon wrote:
    ...now if i can just find all those pennies we have somewhere.
    Well, if you can find the crappy, old sofa, look under the cushions! LOL! If I were you, I'd take your boyfriend up on his house-buying offer. Good luck and keep us posted.

birdy120

[45]Apr 16, 2008
    • level: 1

The house is still on the market, managed to find a virtual tour on one real estate website, the inside of the house looks nothing like it does on TV

tcarreon

[46]Jun 12, 2008
    birdy120 wrote:

The house is still on the market, managed to find a virtual tour on one real estate website, the inside of the house looks nothing like it does on TV

Yeah it's still for sale and the price has dropped to $80k.

They also make mention that it is a "famous" house and was used on Roseanne.

Here's the link to the virtual tour.

http://www.visualtour.com/applets/flashviewer2/viewer.asp?t=1432988&sk=30&dm=era.com

It's a very cute house. I did notice however, the kitchen looks like it doesn't have a dishwasher.
    Edited on 06/12/2008 11:15am

SparkleFarkle

[47]Jun 19, 2008
    Sensational, tcarreon! Thanks for the link! Substituting the Roseanne theme song for what's playing in the virtual tour's background might just be what Ed (the Realtor) needs to cinch a deal! LOL!

tcarreon

[48]Aug 6, 2009
    wow, over a year ago was the last post...

anyway, it's time for my annual trip to dallas and this time i will be going through evansville. i'm on a mission!

tcarreon

[49]Aug 24, 2009
    Got a few photos. Sadly the pizza place ( lobo ) was closed on Saturday, I was in the mood for a slice.

Photos at http://gallery.me.com/tonycarreon#100176

Evansville reminded me a lot of what I would expect Lanford to look like but it was larger than I expected and actually a cool little town aside from the "Roseanne" connection.
    Edited on 08/24/2009 9:38am

gartenhauswelt

[50]Aug 29, 2012

Garden houses in the world of gardening company offering a variety of development opportunities for you and your entire family. Due to the naturalness of the wood you can conjure up with the garden houses a piece of naturalness in your garden, you are envied around the. The garden houses are impregnated high, which means that you hardly need to be treated consistently and are protected against weather influen.

KarenRodrigue4

[51]Sep 8, 2012
    I tried to look at the pictures but they were gone. I would like to see The Conner house!!!