Roseanne Forums

ABC (ended 1997)

roseanne's new show

maxandcali

[1]Jan 23, 2012
    • level: 5

I'm just wondering, does anyone have any updates or any further info about Roseanne's new show that might be coming to nbc? I remember someone here wrote and posted something about it some time back in october, I was wondering if anyone has any more or further scoops or information on it?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ChipsTheButler

[2]Feb 10, 2012
    • level: 9
    no

tcarreon

[3]Feb 12, 2012
    • level: 7
    yes...

eric gilliland has signed on

but the biggest news...

john goodman is in final negotiations to join the cast - as an employee and friend of the owner of the mobile home park where roseanne lives - some reports are roseanne is the owner of the park, some reports are she merely lives in the park. either way, i say WOOO!!

Story on avclub.com

Edited on 02/12/2012 3:39pm
    Edited 3 total times.

SparkleFarkle

[4]May 2, 2012
    • level: 46

tcarreon wrote:
    yes... eric gilliland has signed on but the biggest news... john goodman is in final negotiations to join the cast - as an employee and friend of the owner of the mobile home park where roseanne lives - some reports are roseanne is the owner of the park, some reports are she merely lives in the park. either way, i say WOOO!! Story on avclub.com
    I wonder if Sharon Stone will make a cameo appearance for old times' sake!

SparkleFarkle

[6]May 19, 2012
    • level: 46

Bad, bad news for us die-hard Barr/Goodman fans. We will miss out on a Roseanne reunion, because NBC passed on Downwardly Mobile, the blue-collar comedy that would've reteamed former TV husband and wife Roseanne Barr and John Goodman. Barr would've played the proprietor of a trailer park full of colourful characters, with Goodman playing the park's handyman. They wouldn't have been married, though. But, unfortunately,Mobile couldn't find a spot to park on NBC's fall schedule.TV networks pass on dozens of pilots each year, too bad for us thatDownwardly Mobilewill be one of the big-name projects we will never see.

Edited on 05/19/2012 10:02am