Roseanne

Tuesday 9:00 PM on ABC Premiered Oct 18, 1988 In Season

Joker00303

Roseanne Fan Reviews (201)

• Bring back Roseanne and the reruns too

Bring back Roseanne and the reruns too. She made a mistake, apologised, let's forgive her and go on. I know what Ambien can wound up in the hospital because the dr. put me on it for sleep and it didn't let me sleep , instead I had terrible thoughts and stayed awake and made a fool of myself. For Ambien to say what they said was know it, I know it, Roseanne knows it, and others who have taken the drug.

Put Roseanne back on TV, get her back to work, and the cast. All is forgiven.
  • Good show!

I wasn't into this kind of show while it was on but this one got my attention. It was pretty good.
  • Yeah <>... same stuff

Kind of feels like going to the same high school dance over and over, except this cast graduated a long time ago. The best sitcoms die and hold a place in time. Rehashes rarely please like the original. Once you turn top sirloin into ground meat, it will never be top sirloin again - no matter how hard you try and shape it. "Rosanne (again)" doesn't make a bad burger. But, it isn't top sirloin and never will be.

• Outstanding

GLad to see some decent comedies for a change, without wishing people dead and making fun of others.
  • Hilarious! Hilarious! and More Hilarious!

Put together a great cast, a wonderful director and a great script, and this is what you get! And this new show is so relevant to the world in which we live in today! I know where I'll be Tuesday night. You guys really got it!
  • A great show

Roseanne is so funny, and somewhat dramatic.
  • The Earliest Seasons Were The Best, Hands Down

It was the only tv show at the time that was like a real family. The dialogue was real, the problems were real, everything was REAL. until about seasons 8 and 9. Things got really forced then, especially season 9. What was the deal with Roseanne winning the lottery, and DJ almost having sex, and Darlene getting pregnant, and Dan's heart attack? That all should have been avoided. Maybe the show should have ended before it got to that point. Maybe shortly after Becky and Mark eloped would have been a better end to the show than the "revelation" of what "really happened" because it was all just a big mess.
  • Greatest Comedy/Drama of All Time. PERIOD.

Some parts weren't the greatest but against all other comedies, it really stands the test of time. It beats out a lot of shows even at its worst. I mean -- these people get annoying but you go back for seconds. I adore shows for the people like Sex and the City and Big Bang -- hilarious but also you want to be like those characters. You never want to be like this family, ever... But Roseanne is a testament to American culture and in a true iconic way. We are more American for having seen Roseanne. Doesn't matter whether it is funny or not, or relatable -- I mean, gosh, the household was horrendous. But the show is truly at the core, what it means to be American and chasing the American dream, and sacrificing your life to raise kids (of course the last being a universal statement). I don't know if television would have ever been what it is now without a show called Roseanne. So I thank you ABC for daring to broadcast the show. It is probably the greatest show ever to be conceived -- as opposed to Marriage with Children, it made dysfunction a normal part of life.
  • THE ORIGINAL REAL HOUSEWIFE!!!!

Brfore there were all these reality housewives, there was Roseanne. This show had real life senerios that viewers could and STILL realate to. I love love this show. Roseanne is funny and she keeps it real. 10 stars.
  • Have you noticed?

4.5
    Roseanne has a hatred of men when she got control of the show. Dan Conner has become a lazy loser who Roseanne berates and insults. Her son DJ is borderline ***ed and a pervert. Becky's husband Mark is portrayed as stupid and Darlene's husband David is a wimp and totally emasculated by Darlene. As for the other men they are either gay or dull.
  • so believable!

This show was and still is one of my favorites for a lot of reasons the main one is because it is so real all of the plots I'm able to relate to in some way and look they are a middle class family and a lot of people can relate to that! Plus sara gilbert and roseanne barr are hilarious lol
  • Relatable!!!

I love this show! When I was younger I couldn't relate to the problems they had but now that I'm out in the real world I can relate to all the struggles they had. This show has thought me that even when times are hard that I shouldn't mope around so now I use a lot of humor just to get through all the hard stuff. The fact that this show can teach you about how to deal with life's problems proves this show was amazing! I love this show and I love watching reruns. I even bought the DVDs. Go watch this show now!

• You'll get some family and laughs with Roseanne!

Just like I did! Love, family, civilian life, and comedy!
  • Roseanne is a piece of...

Crap! How could anyone think this is a good show? Everytime I watch The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, I compare itb to this show and say, "Fresh Prince rules, Roseanne sucks". I basically hate this show because of the plot. They should have a Fresh Prince Marathon instead of this disgrace of a show!
  • Roseanne was a show that hit close to home for many a family and still does in repeats.

Dan and Roseanne Conner were middle class people who had kids, weren't "cute" but instead seemed more like the kids most parents have.

The Conners had plenty of problems to no job or too many jobs that either way didn't help pay the bills.

Absent, flaky, abusive parents or annoying friends/family members or neighbours, they had it all and managed to survive.

Even when Becky ran off with Mark, or Dan finding out the truth about his mother's mental health, Roseanne was the rock in that family.

She gave good advice whether you wanted it or not and at the same time was very protective of her family. Roseanne had an answer for everyone and everything. If she didn't she made it up as she went along.
  • The best late 80's/early, mid, and late 90's tv sitcom to watch! It's about the Conner family living in the suburban Lanford, Illinois.

I was fan of the show for a long time, since it started. I was seven years old and a second grader in grade school, when the show started. I was sixteen years old and a sophomore in high school, when the show ended. I remember watching it, when I was in elementary school, middle school, and high school. I grew up watching the comedy. One of my favorite characters on the show is Rebecca "Becky" Conner-Healy. She is somewhat sensitive. She could be defiant, when she started to date Mark Healy, a rebel, and she eloped with him in the show's fifth season premiere. Her younger sister, Darlene dated Mark's younger brother, Kevin "David" Healy, and married him in the show's eighth season finale in a big wedding ceremony.
  • A combination of comedy and drama, mixed to create a perfect show

I've only recently starting watching Roseanne and i fell in love with it. I've got my friends hooked on it as well. We can't get over the realistic portrayal of these characters. All of whom represent the hard working working class. The shows is immediately recognisable for its ability to make one laugh and cry in the same episode, same scene, sometimes same line. From the hilarity of the DJ's masturbation to the drama of Becky's wedding, the show walked a tight rope using elements of drama in what is a traditional sitcom, on a soundstage in front of a studio audience. Roseanne and Dan are arguably television's most believable couple. They may yell and argue however one never doubts the love they have for each other.

Darlene, Becky and DJ each go on their own separate tangent leaving audiences baffled, angry or pleased.

Jackie is always funny and Laurie Metcalf deserved the three emmy's she won. As for the final season, I understand the frustration people feel, and i have a theory about the final episode. The monlogue Roseanne makes is only a dream and as an audience we're lead to believe that its all true. HEY Its Post-Modernism every opinion is valid.

Classic
  • Bring the Show back! It was awesome watcing the family grow up!

This was a staple of my childhood. I think alot of girls out there can relate to the characters Darlene and Becky. As an adult watching this show, i finally get it. I finally get all the storylines with paying bills, borowing money, finding a job, ans raising children. The fact that i can relate to that and watch a show and laugh about it is awesome! I just wish there was another show like it on today! I get my fix from watching nick at night and we! They should bring the show back and we can see baby Jerry all grown up!
  • A classic show that changed the way the world thinks.

'Roseanne' is without a doubt one of the most ground breaking shows of all time. It covered subjects that other sitcoms of its time would just swerve away from. What makes it even better is that many of the things in the show are issues that can and do happen in real life. It was a funny and great show and it was a shame it got cancelled. It had a great cast and great storylines, I have absolutely no complaints about any of the episodes, or show all together. It set the bar for some of today's great shows.
  • Roseanne has a good balance of comedy and seriousness. The show has a good set of characters that are easy to relate to. I would highly recommend watching this show.

While I still do like many shows that always end episodes on a happy note, I love Roseanne because there is a closer resemblance to real life. The show successfully keeps the humor in it's episodes, while keeping things serious and realistic. I think it is a bolder move to end episodes realistically, because happy endings are the easier way to please viewers. Roseanne was written well enough to pull off the realistic endings.

One of my favorite things about Roseanne is the acknowledgment that families have arguments and problems. Most shows keep everything sugar coated and barely ever show an argument. Most other shows that do show arguments or problems in the family make it only for comedic purposes, with no seriousness to it. The show always found a way to keep humor in episodes even during the most serious matters. It has a good balance, rather than making it too serious or just making jokes over the entire topic.

The characters are easy to relate to. Each character made a mistake or bad decision at some point in the show, showing that children and adults can both make wrong decisions. I felt that all of the characters are likable and it is easy to see things from anyone's point of view.

This is one of my favorite shows of all time and I would recommend to anyone that hasn't watched it before to give it a try.
  • This is one of the best shows that TV has ever shown.

I love Roseanne! It is funny pretty much all the time, of course, there is some drama in the show which makes it even better! For me, personally, this show is alot better than most of the shows that were going on at that time because this show was willing to show life's hardships and ups and downs of it - which is what makes it so freakin awesome! I didnt ever see anything that make me mad or disappoint me throughout the whole nine years that this show was airing. This show along with a few others are my most favorite shows over all the rest!
  • One of my favorite shows!

This is another show that I really love. This shows deals with problems always involving the entire family that's always funny in some way. This show can provide hilarious comedy with different kind of problems that most TV shows (at least around Nick or Disney) won't talk about in the least.

I love how the drama that goes on with one person doesn't STAY with that person. As the family really struggles from time to time, somehow they can throw in some humor, even when its not a good time at all.

Every episode I loved and I never wanted to stop watching this show. Too bad its been moved to late at night now but I stay up later than that anyway. This will always be a show that I love as you can see what the Conners must struggle with throughout their everyday lives.
  • This show is the funniest show I've ever seen - this is my favorite comedy show of all time!

This show is the funniest show I've ever seen - this is my favorite comedy show of all time! Every episode was funny and the show got better each season! I hope Nick at Night airs it for a long time to come!
    They were all very good actors in the show. I like the original Becky the best though. The girl that played Darlene is a wonderful actress and ofcourse John Goodman and Roseanne Arnold are excellent. I wish they were making new episodes of this show - but the kids would be too old by now! If you haven't seen this show - you should check it out!
  • This show was by far the funniest show on Nick @ Nite for years.

Roseanne and her family have proved to us all that no family is perfect by continuously making us laugh every night!By watching the mistakes their family made we learned, laughed, laughed again, and grew. This show was very mature and had a joke in almost every scene. It was hilarious. It was definitely worth staying up past my bed time every night to watch this family on Nick@Nite. If only the creator of this show knew how much this show affected me. I still can not get over the fact of how funny this show was. With Darlene and Becky, and Jackie, and the lesbian grandmother, this show was a blast. Funny, hysterical, outrageously hilarious, Roseanne was the prime show of my childhood.
  • Who couldn't relate??

Growing up watching the show, I could relate to everything that DJ, Becky, and Darlene were going through. Now as an adult, I can relate to everything Dan and Roseanne were going through. This show was in it's prime before Roseanne's plastic surgery. It had everything, sharp wit, humor, serious moments every now and then, and everyone could relate because their zip code wasn't 90210. The show needed to end one season before it did, because the last season was just bad. The show handled issues that no one else would like mental illness, obesity, homosexuality, domestic violence, poverty, teenage sex, masturbation alcoholism, menstruation, drug use, and feminism, while still handling every day family issues like sibling rivalry, money troubles, business failures, and job stress. It's no wonder that Time Magazine ranked Roseanne as one of the "Top 100 Best TV Shows Of All Time."
  • This show has always been one of my favorites.

Although this show has been out since I was around 12 years old, I can watch it over and over again...I have so many episodes locked into my DVR just so that I can watch them whenever I want. Roseanne is the first show that came out, in my opinion, that told it how it really is for middle-class working families...without all the dramas of divorce, alcoholism and drug addiction. It covers all the topics of modern-day family problems from teenage marriage (eloping, I should say)to children having problems in school, like the episode where Roseanne gets called out of work to go to the school because Darlene is barking in class, or when Dan has to deal with going to the school because DJ brought a comic book to school that Darlene had drawn and edited herself along with David. It enraged a lot of "uptight" people when the Conners allowed David to move into their home to live although he was dating Darlene, but honestly this hpens more than people even know. In my opinion, this show is as real as it gets. Roseanne is hilarious and the antics of everyone on the show make it a classic...Jackie is hysterical when she does her shocked act, like the one when Roseanne has to get her breast reduction and Roseanne refers to her having "small" ones...the best episode with Jackie was when her Dad died and she had to call their aunt and tell her that their Dad had died and the woman on the other end of the line was hard of hearing...hysterical. There isn't a comedy out there today that can beat Roseanne, and truthfully, there really wasn't one before it, either.
  • Lol funny.

roseanne is a really good show that aired in 1988 its ufnny and can relate to ppls lives quite well. its really rally really funny. i love it love it love it it comes on nick at nit now and hasnt been shown lately though i realy miss it i think there should have been alot lot more to the stroy about becky and mark havuing their baby and all all that that would have been really good.i needed to see their baby imm sure it would have been really cute. I love love love this show. it shouldnt have ended
  • Roseanne was about her- the mother, her husband, Dan, and her 3 kids and eventually 4. This wasnt about the "perfect life" it was based off of real life.

The BEST show that was ever on television! If you dont like this show, your crazy! It is so funny! People of all ages will eventually get a huge laugh out of it! I started watching it on Nick at Nite but after they stopped airing it i just got the DVDs so now i can watch Roseanne anytime! I also liked this show because all of the episodes all had a different topic. Even though there were some episodes that had two parts to them, i thought those were the good ones because the 1st part's ending usually made you want to watch the second part!
  • Roseanne Rocks!

What can I say about Roseanne? Its one of the best shows ever! All the episodes are so funny. I was never much of a fan of D.J. Especially after he grew up. He got really annoying and mean. I just dont like him. Darlene Was always my favorite. She was sarcasticly funny. Just purfect. The last episode of the show made me cry so hard! I loved how they made it out to be that Roseanne wrote the whole last season. It was so shocking. I watched it for years before I ever saw the last episode. I thought it was the best way to end the show. Best show. If you haven't seen it, GO WATCH IT!
  • I love Roseanne!

I'm surprised they don't show this on Nick at Nite anymore. I didn't understand the show at first, but when I continued watching, I found myself laughing at every part and sarcastic joke Roseanne said. The show is about a working class family in Lanford, Illinois, and it shows the problems of poverty, runaways, drugs, and other issues. I like this show more than Home Improvement. It was sardonic, but it was also entertaining. There was always something sarcastic to laugh at in every episode. It's always so hard to make good reviews last 100 words, not that I'm pessimistic or anything.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7