Roseanne

Roseambo

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Nov 19, 1996 on ABC

4.8
  • Please stop saying "People didn't get season nine." We got it, and didn't like it!

4.5
    Since many of the episodes in season nine are downright boring, I always found this episode kind of entertaining. The problem, however, is that it continues the patter of season nine's "in your face, nuanced-free" writing. I am a die hard "Roseanne" fan; in fact, I think it's one of the greatest sitcoms of all time, but no matter how many times Roseanne or others say "people just didn't get it," season nine was just BAD. First off, how patronizing is it to think we "didn't get it." We got it because every episode had an agenda that was spelled out loud and clear. And I even agree with Roseanne's politics. What made this episode and many others from this season bad was how horrible the writing was. It was sitcom as a soapbox, which is the last thing "Roseanne" ever wanted to be about. I'm glad the final episode of the series saved the ridiculous lottery plot line slightly, but all the talent being wasted on some of this garbage was a bit sad, in my opinion.