Roseanne

Some Enchanted Merger (2)

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Feb 11, 1997 on ABC

6.1
  • I think it's a shame these episodes got rated this low, this episode and the previous episode, Lanford's Elite.

I wasn't originally going to write a review for either of these episodes, but after seeing both ratings I felt I should. I know a lot of people don't like the ninth season with these two episodes being highly exemplary of why. I particularly don't not like the ninth season like others. I think a lot of what goes on in these two episodes is important to the show and to Roseanne and that traditional Roseanne fans should recognize this. I was astonished when I first saw these episodes seeing that they brought up Wellman Plastics again and amazed that they did this. It provides so much as to the genuinity of this show. I think it was important to the show that they bring up Wellman Plastics. I think it's cute, the interaction between Roseanne and Edgar and I love the scene where Jackie is teasing Roseanne about having a crush on Edgar! It reminds me soo much of how close friends and sisters talk to each other. I've read appalling things people have said about Roseanne and Edgar being together. I like that Roseanne did this, and, like I said before, I think it was important to her. Roseanne's a great real person and cool and it seemed Edgar saw this in her character on the show too. In fact, when I was watching, I enjoyed seeing Roseanne and Edgar together because of the connection they had. It actually startled me a little in the next episode where we see Dan again, as it would in real life if one was having feelings or not even feelings but just thoughts or noticing someone else. I get the feeling Roseanne did this because she did want to show people a "larger" real person could end up with a good-looking thin man, but I also think Roseanne wouldn't care if people thought, oh this would never happen or yeah right or this is gross. She would say screw them as would I, and she did the show anyways! I respect her for doing so.