Roseanne

Why Jackie Becomes a Trucker

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Oct 01, 1991 on ABC

• This episode is when Jackie gets drunk and sleeps with a weird man.

This episode is probably in my top 10 most favorite episodes in Roseanne; and is my most favorite in the whole fourth season. Another thing that is happening in this episode is that D.J. wants to have a dog and everyone else in the family is against it.
    Once Jackie realizes what she has done she flips out! and when all the women go out Jackie breaks the news to all of her friends and, at first, no one supports her, but then her friends do support her. Everyone trys to help out Jackie by saying things that they were ashamed of doing but it doesnt work for her. This episode is a must-see!
  • Jackie's spotted her old boyfriend Gary and his new girlfriemd and ended up getting drunk and sleeping with Arnie. Roseanne tries to get rid of an unwanted dog.

7.1
    Show opens with Jackie waking up from a night of hard drinking( her bf Gary dumped her)to find that she slept with Arnie.
    Meanwhile, D.J.traded his comic books for this gross flea-bitten dog. Roseanne keeps trying to call Lorriane, the previous owner of the dog to get her to come over and get her dog.Lorriane keeps making really dumb excuses why she can't get the dog.(the excuses are hilarious.)( example- Lorriane pretends she can't speak english.)
    I like this particular episode. I like how Roseanne confronts Arnie and threaten to tell his fiancee if he blabs it all over about him and sister. (I never seen Arnie so freaked in his life.)
    I also like how Dan is a little worried about what kind of conversation he will have with Leon,(Roseanne's gay boss)
    and it turns out he's not effeminate t all . He's pretty regular guy. ( i liked hen Leon like this when he was Roseanne's no nonsense boss.)but they turned him into a toal queen, which was completely unneccesary.
  • Jackie gets drunk...becomes a truck driver

A funny epsiode that was well-written. Jackie gets drunk, sleeps with Arnie, Leon comes out to the poker guys, and Jackie decides to become a truck driver. The best part of the entire episode was when Roseanne made everyone fell sorry for herself because she was going to be known as the sister of the woman who slept with Jackie.

Roseanne has always been a good show, and I think it is because it is a well-written show. These scripts are fantastic.
  • Hilarious!!!!! I just about died laughing so hard, esp. at Jackie's latest mess!!!!

I laughed so hard nonstop from start to finish!!! Jackie's horrified expression at finding out that she slept with Arnie is sooo priceless, esp. when Arnie comes out casually brushing his teeth and smirking at Jackie; I think he was amused at her horror and embarrassment. The scene just cracked me up!!!

Jackie's always funny when she's drunk; I wish they could have shown her being drunk at the Lobo; Jackie knows how to drink herself under the table...or in bed, lol!

The scenes when Roseanne is trying to get Lorraine to come get the dog is funny also; I like how Roseanne doesn't buy any of Lorraine's lame excuses and doesn't fall for Lorraine's nonsense.

I laughed all over again when Jackie's still dreadfully embarrassed when she and Roseanne and their friends get together for tea and coffee and chat. I loved how Jackie just blurts out *I slept with Arnie!* Priceless! It was funny how when the others look at her in surprise, Jackie squirms and stoops under the table and confesses meekly to being drunk.

It was touching and hilarious how Roseanne tells Arnie off for taking advantage of Jackie and orders him to *GET OUUUUT!!!*

I liked the ending, how Roseanne came over to see if Jackie was feeling better and I laughed again at the sight of Jackie spraying and changing her sheets; I could see she was getting rid of the Arnie taint. I think Jackie was still very embarrassed, but was feeling better and it was neat that she decided to be a trucker.

I could tell Roseanne was proud of Jackie, despite being amused at the idea of tiny, skinny, short little Jackie behind the wheels of a big-rig truck.