Rosemary & Thyme

Racquet Espanol

Aired Saturday 9:30 PM Jul 30, 2007 on ITV

7.1
  • Well timed for the summer season; highly enjoyable viewing of picturesque locations; very well photographed in charming sites featuring magical Mijas and the lovely Lew Hoad Campo de Tennis; this well paced tale held my interest throughout

Not having viewed many previous episodes although a fan of Felicity Kendal, I thoroughly enjoyed last night's offering and whoever decided on these delightful locations must be congratulated.

Property related intrigue is not unknown on the Costa del Sol and the storyline was credible, set within this delightful sunshine tennis environment. Perhaps the cast could have used some tennis lessons while on location although it's not an easy game to learn! Apart from the somewhat unrealistic tournament "male v female" singles contest, the tennis and crowd scenes were entirely relevant.

I will be following this series again more closely in future;I am sure that last night's entertainment will both attract viewers and encourage them to dust down their tennis racquets in heading for sunny Mijas --- always taking care to avoid these nasty bites!
PBS