Rosemary & Thyme

ITV (ended 2006)

TheOldBill

Rosemary & Thyme Fan Reviews (33)

• Rosemary & Thyme

Love this series. I've watched the series already twice this year. The gardens are beautiful, the mysteries intriguing, & these 2 women are bright, intelligent, observant, & compliment each other wonderfully as both reinvent themselves after life changing obstacles were thrown in their path. I would love to see this series return.
  • Rosemary & Thyme the best....

Great mystery and scene of property is terrific....

Love this ... Please continue....
  • More PLEASE!!!

Just finished watching all the episodes on Netflix and loved absolutely every one of them. These two ladies complimented each other so well and the scenery was always breath taking. I was always trying to figure out "who dun it".

Please, oh please, give us more Laura and Rosemary.
  • Something for the over-50 female viewers

How refreshing to watch two older, independent, intelligent women working harmoniously together to create a new life for themselves after loss and to solve murders, as only women can. We've had so many shows with two male partners - going all the way back to Holmes and Watson - now, at long last, we have this wonderful series, filmed in fabulous locations. Relying on botanical knowledge is a perfect accompaniment to solving murder too. Brilliant. Just wish that the Rosemary character wasn't quite so bossy and superior to Pam Ferris' lovely Laura. Felicity is in great shape, but the Laura character is the real woman in this show, as anyone who is female and over 50 knows. Thank you, Brian Eastman!
  • Bring it Back!!!

Brian Eastman and Clive Exton, please get together and bring this show back! There already is a following so much of the hard work is already done. Great entertainment, clever writing and the BEST scenery.

One of my local pbs stations - KCET - 28 In Los Angeles is rerunning this show on sunday nites so i have been taping it - not in epsiode order but at least i am able to watch it - wish it would come back as PBS DOES run old tv shows
  • Bring it back

I love it so much! Please bring it back for some more.
  • Bring Them Back!!!

Please bring this series back atleast in special 2 hours episode form!!!
  • LOCATIONS IN ITALY

I would suggest you to come to Italy on the Borromee Islands in Lombardy, and then there are many other parks and gardens on the hills of "Brianza", which is an area not far from Milano, and, of course, Italy is full of wonderful locations. Please come and let me know, I would love to watch your TVcrew while working on new episodes!
  • I MISS THIS SERIES SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!

I have watched every episode 3 times. I miss it so much. No men! Just 2 ladies who get along so well and respect each other.

Absolutely beautiful scenery and flowers. A***WWW, England, love it!

It sounds stupid, but I just settle down when I watch this show.
  • This needs to come back

I just got finished watching the last episode. I got choked up cuz it was the last one.

I grew to care about these charectors and enjoyed the wonderful settings. Why did they end it?

It was beautiful and highly entertaining.

How do we get it to come back?
  • Make a MOVIE

I love this show... Rosemary & Thyme and the King of Queens are the only 2 shows I own and watch daily... I think 3 seasons was not enough and I think a movie should be made.. :)
  • Rosemary and Thyme

Please...bring this show back! I felt like I lost friends when this show ended.
  • Loved the show - bring it back!

I loved the chemistry between Pam Ferris and Felicity Kendal. I loved the relationship, and the stories (some funny stuff in there!), and I wanted to see Christmas with Laura and Rosemary! Plus, the three "seasons/series" were not long enough - only 23 eps?!! No way!
  • Bring This Back!!!

After 3 series i felt that the show was really beginning to take off and the characters were really beginning to develop. It's a shame that it was cancelled after such a short time.
  • One of the Best Series I've Seen

I recently came across this series when looking for BBC Dramas. I loved the combination of the spectacular gardens and mystery solving. Made me want to go dig up my flower bed and try out some of the new ideas I saw in each episode. The show was tastefully done without any over-the-top theatrics. So sad that there were only three seasons. Wish there were more shows like it today. I think the networks missed their mark in canceling the show.
  • A unique mystery series involving murder with cases solved by two plant loving women.

Rosemary and Laura's friendship makes for an interesting work relationship. This relationship ends up in murder mysteries and some of the most beautiful scenery.

I can honestly say that this is one of the most interesting programs I have had the pleasure to watch in some time. I love the characters and the plots. It was wonderful to watch and know that it was not filled with filth. If you haven't watched it, you are missing a treat. I wish that they would reconsider and continue on with this program.
  • oh i love it! <3

Wish they would bring it back too!;) Like Doctor Who came back but w the same actresses. Wonder what the girls are up to in real-life?:)
  • I loved this show......Bring the show back or at least do some tv specials!!!!!!

I loved this show......it was clean family fun compared to so many tv shows that you can't watch with your children. The characters seemed so credible and similiar to many people I actually know;I've got several British relatives..... That's what makes it so popular I think. Everyone can relate to Rosemary and Thyme.Gardening is a favourite past-time worldwide.
    Living in Italy but watching my favourite British shows in English makes life bearable! Thanks to SKY!
    I'm still watching the reruns even if I've seen them dozens of times and I already know the final results but I love the quick and easy dialogue. Bring the show back or at least do some tv specials!!!!!!
  • Amazing British Tv! Right at the top along with Midsomer Murder and Fawlty Towers! Why did they Cancel the Show!

It is one of those show that you get sucked in to. U forget who who are and you feel like your tagging along with Rosemary and Thyme throughout the show! This is the sort of life you want to live, out free in the open air, maybe not with a murder around every corner but certainly with some adventure. Using there brains instead of hi-tech equipment they put together the puzzle of who, when and how. The story lines are amazing and so are the actors. Wish it was still running. Who had the idea of canceling it! Wish someone would bring it back!
  • A Charming And Delightful Mystery Series!!

Reviewer SixteenByNine couldn't be more wrong... this is a perfectly charming and delightful show in the vein of "Murder She Wrote" and "Midsomer Murders" and that whole genre, and I recommend it highly. There's no gross and disgusting violence against women, and no microscopic examination of decomposing dead bodies, no car chases, no busty female detectives with low-cut tops, just charming and delightful mysteries set in charming and delightful English gardens, solved by a couple of charming and delightful ladies of a certain age. If you generally like this style of show, give it a try, you'll like it!
  • Rosemary and Thyme is a British murder mystery series starring Pam Ferris and Felicity Kendal.

Rosemary Boxer (Kendal), and Laura Thyme (Ferris) become good friends because they share a love of gardening and connect because of hard times in their pasts. They start a gardening consultancy together called Rosemary and Thyme.

Sounds boring? Well, while travelling from breathtaking landscape to gorgeous estate these two gardeners become amateur detectives discovering plots, conspiracies, and murders. While beautifying Europe, they try to find out whodunnit where ever they go.

Rosemary and Thyme make a very solid team. Ferris and Kendal are two extremely adorable older actresses, and together provide the subtle humor and comic relief of the series.

I love Rosemary and Thyme! It is a completely awesome series which combines humor, amazingly beautiful settings, and smart murder mystery storylines into one!

I recommend R & T to anyone who likes great saturday night TV, murder mysteries, like the classical "Murder, She Wrote," or even British soaps like Corrie! The series is getting better as it runs, and I hope it stays on for a long time, and becomes a classic like Murder, She Wrote before it!
  • Refreshingly different WhoDunnIt

Excellent WhoDunnIt with a refreshingly different twist of two lady gardeners/slueths. A little unlikely but entertaining,especially with the lovely Felicity Kendall. The acting of Ms Kendall and Pam Ferris is,of course, first class like all of their other work. A succession of fine supporting guest actors, for example Belinda Lang,(famous for her comedy role in 2.4 children) and a good writing team make this one of the better murder mysteries. Not to be taken too seriously though, as the chances of two highly intelligent, well-bred ladies working as gardeners around the world and coming upon so many murders is very unlikely. Please bring it back.
  • Please bring it back, we all miss it so much!

This show and the wonderful women were as delghtful in their gardening to watch as were the mysteries they came across. It was a great change from the dark shows on TV today. Not to mention the acting was top notch, which we've come to expect from British shows anyway. I miss it so very much! This show gave us a peek into the beautiful landscapes around England which we do not have in America. It's worth it to watch that alone. Please bring back ths entertaining and special show.

Please bring it back, someone!!!
  • Rosemary and Thyme is an engaging, amusing and yet gripping murder mystery series which has great charm. The two main characters are credible and winsome, pitting their wits against malevolent killers whom they bring to justice. Do bring the series back!

Recently, I acquired the DVD set of Rosemary and Thyme episodes of Series Three, broadcast in 2005 by Granada International. I immediately liked the first series of these two horticulturally-based detectives, who combine their skills as gardeners with skills as sleuths. The concept is an original and captivating one, with Felicity Kendal and Pam Ferris teaming up well as the two mature women who solve baffling murder mysteries in between creating attractive gardens. I notice that, generally, the nicest character in each episode is usually the killer, with sufficient red herrings in the plot to keep the story alive and to keep the viewer guessing right to the end of each episode. I would encourage the producers of this well-crafted series to make more such episodes, thereby continuing the entertainment that each one provides.
  • Rosemary & Thyme was a British television series that starred Felicity Kendal and Pam Ferris as gardening detectives Rosemary Boxer and Laura Thyme.

It sucks that Rosemary and Thyme got taken off the air. It was just the right show for a cold night in with a mug of coffee and the fire going. Nothing emotionally overwraught or action packed, just a nice, quaint little English mystery series with some lovely scenery and some nice acting from Felicity Kendal and Pam Ferris and a bit of humour thrown in as well. The only other similar equivalent I can think of is Lewis, and that's only on 3 weeks of the year. I can still watch the old episodes on DVD, but it's still not the same.
  • I have to admit the first time I watched this show I started out thinking "Oh Brother" but, seeing that I like British Television shows, I gave it a chance . As the show went On I was pleasantly Surprized.

Rosemary and Thymne is one of those simple detective shows that ends up being engaging and quite entertaining. The relationship between Felicity Kendall and Pam Ferris is fun to watch and the Ladys are very compelling in an intelligent manor. That's the key I think with British Television and what lacks in American TV most of the time. The fact that a show can be basic, simple, innocent and entertaining in an intelligent way, is why I watch British television when ever I can. Rosemary and Thyme falls in to this category, and whenever I come across it I always watch. Thank God there is still TV where acting and basic formats are available, there's a lot to say for simplicity and basics in a world filled with over stimulating technology and Bloody Shoot em ups. A breath of fresh air.
  • Rosemary and Thyme.

I enjoy watching the double screening on the weekends on pay tv.It's not brain surgery, but I love the actresses and the roles they are playing.It's thoroughly entertaining and that's what good tv is all about. I love the lighter mood of the show.
    It reminds me of Pie in the sky meets Miss Marple, only the setting is gardens and grand English houses. A great buddy show too.
    There should be more tv shows like it.
  • A fantastic show! Humorous, and thought provoking - without the slapstick nonsense - both main characters have such appeal, you quickly grow to love them.

The scenery is beautiful, the acting is first rate - the plots are well written, and the cast always consists of great talent. You really feel for the main characters. This is very different from standard u.s. tv fare, and is a welcome break. I was saddened to learn that this show has apparently ended its run - I would greatly like to see this show come back, and continue for many more years. To me, it is one of the best shows on tv, and of course the lack of commercials on KPBS makes it much more enjoyable. For us Americans, seeing a bit into english culture, and the various bits of culture as they duo travel around, makes us feel more international.
  • We absolutely love this mystery-drama, with its attention to discovery and detail, all craftily revealed by two extraordinary actresses! We love this program!

Rosemary and Thyme is one of the best mystery shows we have ever been delighted with! It is at once quaint, and yet amusing and has some of the greatest acting we have seen. They really draw you in to the story-EVERY TIME! The two ladies are wonderful together-its MAGIC to watch the story unfold, and what can be said about the setting-absolutely beautiful! We hope it goes on forever! Our greatest thanks to Pam and Felicity for being just perfect actresses and just perfect for the drama! Carry on!
< 1 2