Roswell

Cry Your Name

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Apr 23, 2001 on The WB

• She Cries Your Name

I'm probably one of the few people on here that actually watched Roswell when it was live instead of recently discovering it on Netflix and Hulu...

I remember this episode pretty clearly from the first time around and I was really shocked when I just rewatched it on DVD is that Beth Orton's "She Cries Your Name", which the episode was named for, is clearly absent from the episode

I know a lot of the times music gets altered from broadcast to distribution because of licensing fees, which I'm guessing is what happened here (It also happens in the episode "Meet the Dupes"; the song that originally played was "With You" by Linkin Park as the Dupes came out of the subway in the teaser) but its more upsetting to me than other instances because 1) the episode is named for the song and 2) it really made a strong emotional statement.

The song originally played at the very end when Liz goes through all those picture of Alex and finally cries; I don't know what the song that replaced it is, but you should mute it and play the Beth Orton instead to really get the full emotional weight of the scene...its heartbreaking.