Roswell Forums

The WB (ended 2002)

Best Max/Liz & Michael/Maria moments

Duttygyaal

[1]Aug 10, 2007
    • level: 10
    I don't know if there's already a topic for this (apologies if there are) but I'm hoping to get some opinions on the most romantic moments for these two couples. There are too many scenes to think of, and if anyone would like to share, feel free.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KiwiGirl89

[2]Aug 27, 2008
    • level: 8
    Ok, so old thread, but I've been thinking about this very thing so I thought I'd post. Perhaps it will catch on, perhaps not....

Anyways, my top three Liz/Max moments:
    1. Their whole conversation while hiding out in 'Destiny'. When Max was telling her how he felt, watching it I felt that he was incredibly sincere, and I just found it to be a beautiful moment between them.
    2. Max saying goodbye to Liz in the Jeep in 'The Departure'. His answer to her 'do you love her', "Not like I love you" was very well delivered. I believe it brought a tear to my eye!
    3. Their hug at the end of 'Leaving Normal' (I think that's the episode). One of their first real couply moments, but before they become a couple.

Michael/Maria:
    1. His learning to dance for her, so that he could dance with her at Prom in 'Heart of Mine'
    2. Michael organising for Maria to sing in 'Viva Las Vegas.'
    3. Michael finally letting Maria "see" him in 'The Departure'

Violet-Shadow

[3]Aug 30, 2008
    • level: 6

Michael and Maria (best couple in TV history!):

When she held him in "Independence Day" as he cried.

When he let her see him in "Departure". She got to see he was her everything...ah...

When he stayed on earth for her in "Departure".

The first time he said he loved her, in "Destiny".

Those are the ones that immediately come to mind.

Hmmm...Max and Liz...I liked all of their interactions in "Pilot". After that, there were brief moments I enjoyed but after Season One I didn't like them together anymore...(please, Dreamers, don't throw things at me!)

addict666

[4]Aug 31, 2008
    • level: 45

I think the whole episode of 265 South for Micheal and Maria, the closet in Heat Wave and when he came to her and cried in Independence Day and of course Departure when he lets her in and then stays for her

Max and Liz have like too many to count, but my favorites are in blind date, chant down babylon (or panacea) i don't remember the exact episode when the old guy is in max's body but he still know that he loves liz and in the first season in the last couple of episodes where he has just been tortured and he kisses liz and she sees and then holds him

Bizbeth88

[5]Aug 31, 2008
    • level: 7

Max and Liz has got to be the whole conversation between them in 'Destiny' when she tells him they can't be together. It is so tragic and yet just so, so beautiful. I was never much of a dreamer shipper, I always loved Stargazers and Candy more, but in that scene I can honestly say it was then that I fell in love with Roswell and have been ever since.

As for Michael and Maria - When she holds him as he cries in 'Independence Day', the whole way he looks after her after Alex dies, when he lets her see him in 'The Departure' and when he stays for her, and the whole conversation he gives to her in 'the final episode when he tells her it had always been her and he'd always love her. Oh and also the fact he learns to dance for her - so cute and adorable!

And despite it not being on here just thought I'd throw out Isabel's dream after Alex dies for those Stargazers of us out there - I love it so much, but yet it breaks my heart everytime. When she tells him she loves him and he replies 'I think we both know I loved you too' and when she says 'Please don't go' and he just says 'I'm already gone' I just loved the two of them together sooo much, I am still sooo gutted that Isabel didn't realise how she felt about him until it was too late.

pantufaloira

[6]Oct 17, 2008
    • level: 7

Michael&Maria best moments, in ' Independence Day' when he cried in Maria presences; in 'Departure' when he stays for her and the whole moments in 'Heat Wave'.

Max&Liz best moments, my favourite is the conversation in the episode 'Destiny' they have a real moment, 'Blind Date', 'Pilot', 'Heat Wave'...I really don't no for sure their best moments, because all the moments are beautiful...i'm a DREAMER...

Duttygyaal

[7]Nov 18, 2008
    • level: 10
    Thanks for the responses, guys. ^_^ I can't believe it's been a year, btw... O=

I have to say that I agree with everyone (a lot of those are my top favs as well) and it's interesting that so many favorite couple moments seem to overlap. =D

A Max/Liz moment that I have to add would be in 'Busted' when she reveals how much he hurt her with Tess, and he looks into her eyes and says that he "wants to make her dreams come true". I melted...
    Of course, and 'Graduation' when he proposes! Oh there are so many... I love every moment they have!

As for Maria and Michael - pretty much what everyone said, any moment when he goes soft and cares for her is so incredibly sweet. Definitely, 'Departure' what he did for her showed how much he loved her, and that underneath that rough exterior lies a vulnerable heart.

Bizbeth, I agree with you about Isabel and Alex... it's so heartbreaking to watch... and what got me was when she woke up from her dream and then she started to cry "it was just a dream"...

HannaBanana579

[8]May 10, 2009
    • level: 8

I love all the moments mentioned above, but there is one more that I love of Max/Liz!

-In "Ch-Ch-Changes" when Max tries to heal Liz out in the desert, it's hearbreaking when she asks him to stop hurting her.

Liz: Just stop hurting me.

Max: I wasn't trying to.

Liz: No but Max, you do. You always do.

Pause.

Liz: Why did you sleep with her? Why?

Max: Liz..

Liz: Every single time you mention your son I am reminded of what you did to me. How you were unfaithful to us. How can you not know that?

Max: Liz, please.

Liz: Stay away!

So sad! But at least all ends well!

alguna

[9]Oct 14, 2009
    • level: 17

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoIz1jZX74k

Made a couples video with one of my MM fav moments!

Fienna17

[10]Aug 16, 2010
    • level: 2

Well my favorite Michael/Maria moment will be when makes a thoughtful dinner for Maria, Italian herfavorite. And theirconversationabout the fact the reason why she didn't see flashbacks of his past was because he didn't want her to see how he really was and in the end he DID let her see. That episode made me want to cry. The heck that episode made me wanna cry a couple times.

And my favorite Max/Liz moment will be their first kiss