Roswell Forums

The WB (ended 2002)

Favorite Max and Liz moments

dreamer4ever88

[1]Jul 23, 2007
    • level: 12

Whats everyones favorite Max and Liz moments

i have tons but i don't want to keep everyone here all day so i'll shorten it to 5

1. When he heals her

2. When she sees into his soul

3. When they are walking into the Crashdown in Sexual Healing and Liz says "tell me Max, whats my destiny?" and he says "I only know the part im hoping for" so cute

4. The first time they kiss

5. and in Crash when they are at the Crashdown with Kyle doing school work and Liz slides her foot up Max's leg talking about the full college scholarship to potential podiatry practioners.

gotta love Max and Liz

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tvfan332

[2]Jul 24, 2007
    • level: 37

When they break up.

I'm not really a Max/Liz fan, I prefered Max with Tess and Liz with Sean DeLuca.

Edited on 07/24/2007 6:53am

JosephineMarch

[3]Jul 24, 2007
    • level: 1
    tvfan332 wrote:

When they break up.

I'm not really a Max/Liz fan, I prefered Max with Tess and Liz with Sean DeLuca.

yes right, after all M&T were so amazing they were so in love with each other. He used her for sex and as Liz's rebound when no one wanted him and he got rid of her at the very first occasion he got. And i didn't even say that he wanted to get rid of the baby too when she told him about it because he didn't want to have a baby with her. He never loved her and he even tried to kill her twice, he couldn't even heal her stupid leg in 4aaab. When she died in the end he didn't give a single damn about it. But Tess on the other hand minwarped him since the beginning, stalked him and had sex with him just in order to get his sperm. She killed his friend using her "brother" in order to get rid of Alex's body, she even used Alex's death in order to take advantage of Max's sad time and how things between him and Liz were bad. Tben she mindwarped him again in order to make him believe that his own baby was dying so he was forced to return home with her. Another very small detail is how all she did was just a plan in order to deliver him, Isabel and Michael to Kivar who would have killed them all. awwwwww it's such a romantic love story, so romantic i'm crying. Sorry but i find incredible that people can like a story like that. No offence but it's not human for me. They never loved each other, they used each other, wanted to kill each other. it's too much.

Sean De Luca.. another poor rebound here. But at least the guy was good unlike she devil of roswell.

back on topic.

My fav dreamer moments are all of them. Theirs is surely a real relationship with a real love story that doesn't insult who is really in love (and right now i personally I'm) so it's hard to choose with these two.
    If i have to choose some of them right now i think about:
    - pilot, everything about it from the healing to the connection and the last scene. Perfect episode.
    - blood brothers, the first scene in the jeep
    - Heat wave, their first kiss but also i really love Max's speech in the lab
    - their first date in the balance and the last scene
    - blind date, all their scenes
    - sexual healing, i don't need to explain why
    - destiny, the van scene, the first i love you but the other scenes too
    - skin and bones, when he saw her the first time after all the summer. the end when he touched her arm sending her those flashes about all their hot moments
    - ask not, when after Nacedo's death Max went to the chrashdown and he was looking at her so lost and lonely
    - the end of the world. sad episode but damn it's so full of love
    - a roswell xmas carol, all the episode. How they were still friends after what happened and how she was the only one he needed and trusted. The end "i believe in you"
    - Max in the city, when she connected to him from roswell and saved his life. The end scene too
    - we're a family. when he stayed at the CD in order to protect her. also the eraser room scene
    - w las vegas, the flash memory about their wedding that Max got. The dance scene
    - cry your name. when she went to his room
    - it's too late too bad. the cab scene. so sad but full of chemistry!
    - departure. The kiss in the jeep, the "not like i love you scene", the end with the speech you're using as signature dreamer4ever88
    - busted, the whole episode
    - Michael the guys and the great snapple caper, the scene at the crashdown and the one when he made her fly in the desert night
    - control, the end scene when Max cried into her arms and he said the he will never leave her
    - samuel rising, the ice skating scene. so damn cute and romantic
    - a tale of two parties. The one on one scene outise her room and the new year kiss
    - ch-changes. the whole episode especially the scene at the window when he said "i love you"
    - chant down babylon. the whole episode and how she was the only one thing that made his soul survive the death! How he sacrificed his life for her, in order to protect and save her. How he did let himself die for her but she made him come back from death with her kiss! oh and i simply love all those flashes Clayton got from Max, all about Liz and only Liz. How when he was dying he saw his life and all he saw were images of Liz. so touching
    - crash, the foot scene at the beginning. the end of the episode too
    - who died and made you a king?, their date.
    - graduation. the whole episode. The proposal, the wedding, the make outs. amazing

ok i cheat here, i put almost everything

tvfan332

[4]Jul 25, 2007

Josephine March, just because those two were the rebound people or whatever doesn't mean I shouldn't like the relationships, I just don't like Max and Liz together, they annoy me, well Max annoys me, Liz is okay.

Max and Tess weren't a regular couple, and she was mindwarping and killing people, but that happens to make for great television, unlike Max and Liz's annoying whinyness that they can't be together, or whatever.

Edited on 07/25/2007 3:54am

tvfan332

[5]Jul 25, 2007
    JosephineMarch wrote:

Another very small detail is how all she did was just a plan in order to deliver him, Isabel and Michael to Kivar who would have killed them all. awwwwww it's such a romantic love story, so romantic i'm crying. Sorry but i find incredible that people can like a story like that. No offence but it's not human for me. They never loved each other, they used each other, wanted to kill each other.

I don't like them because they were a couple if you know whatI mean, I liked them together because of all the mindwarping, it actually made what was going on interesting, unlike Max and Liz's lovey duvey stuff. It wasn't romantic but at least it spiced up the show, I generally don't care for relationships on TV shows, but at least when there's an interesting aspect to it, like what Tess was doing, mindwarping, killing and betraying, it makes for great television, in my opinion.

electricpeppers

[6]Jul 26, 2007
    • level: 26

JosephineMarch wrote:
    yes right, after all M&T were so amazing they were so in love with each other. He used her for sex and as Liz's rebound when no one wanted him and he got rid of her at the very first occasion he got.

Not everyone likes relationships because they are of a romantic nature. Romance doesn't always come into it in life and television is no different; I would give Spike and Buffy as an example of this but the less said about them the better. Sometimes people enjoy watching a twisted unhealthy relationship with little deary "romance", like Tess and Max. If one can even brand them an 'unhealthy relationship'.

Edited on 07/26/2007 8:49am

tvfan332

[8]Jul 28, 2007
    JosephineMarch wrote:

firstly the user that started this thread asked a question and these OT are rude because we can find other general threads here. Sorry to who opened this thread

tvfan332 wrote:
    JosephineMarch wrote:

Another very small detail is how all she did was just a plan in order to deliver him, Isabel and Michael to Kivar who would have killed them all. awwwwww it's such a romantic love story, so romantic i'm crying. Sorry but i find incredible that people can like a story like that. No offence but it's not human for me. They never loved each other, they used each other, wanted to kill each other.

I don't like them because they were a couple if you know whatI mean, I liked them together because of all the mindwarping, it actually made what was going on interesting, unlike Max and Liz's lovey duvey stuff. It wasn't romantic but at least it spiced up the show, I generally don't care for relationships on TV shows, but at least when there's an interesting aspect to it, like what Tess was doing, mindwarping, killing and betraying, it makes for great television, in my opinion.

interesting and great television for you. The truth is that M&T transformed roswell into a soap opera with aliens and a baby in the middle. All roswell wasn't. And Tess was the most annoying character i ever saw. She sucks, totally with no hope. She wasn't good as the good girl (all the time ass kissing Max, stalking him, humiliating herself for a man that never wanted to be with her and used her. and i hate how stuck in the past and delusional she was. she didn't even know him and what love meant!) and as the bad girl (pathetic. she never took the responsibility of her actions she even used Nacedo in order to justify herself. I don't even know if it was really Nacedo the one who made the plan!). She isn't even capable to think with her own mind because she always lived her whole life using and passively accepting choices that other people made and not her (firstly with the destiny thing, then for Nacedo's deal with Kivar) They spiced up my shoes!
    Season 2 got canceled for her fault, writers had to get rid of her in order to get season 3 because the ratings were bad and people stopped to see this "great television" made by her.

anyway, this is still a OT, i don't think you should use this topic. There's a thread about shippers, you were free to post there instead of trolling this one.

rebound= squalid sad replacement. Max couldn't have Liz so he used Tess as her temporanery replacement because he was alone. Liz did the same thing with Sean

Firstly I shouldn't have been so rude, but honestly my favourite Max/Liz moment was when they broke up at the end of season 1, because Shiri Appleby was great in that scene.

But anyway, I don't believe it was solely Tess's fault for the WB's cancellation of Roswell, people were probably tuning out because it got more sci-fi heavy, and Max and Liz being apart could've annoyed people, I think the show was the best during season 2, just because the first season got higher ratings doesn't mean it was better, and Roswell would've got cancelled after the first season if it wasn't for that big fan campaign with the Tobasco bottles.

Tess was the rebound girl, and I honestly don't care for Max and Tess' relationship, but she brought drama to the show, interesting storylines in my opinion.

electricpeppers

[9]Aug 1, 2007
    • level: 26
    Actually, Tess wasn't the reason for cancellation at least not completely. From the sound of the commentary Rob Moore said something to the effect that they stopped taking Network notes on their scripts which meant the WB didn't like them or the show after that, and he went onto say that decision probably had bearing upon the cancellation. Also poor ratings didn't help.

Skin57

[10]Jul 12, 2010
    • level: 3
    electricpeppers wrote:
    Actually, Tess wasn't the reason for cancellation at least not completely. From the sound of the commentary Rob Moore said something to the effect that they stopped taking Network notes on their scripts which meant the WB didn't like them or the show after that, and he went onto say that decision probably had bearing upon the cancellation. Also poor ratings didn't help.

There were various factors as to why Roswell got canceled. The cast was a problem, the network disliked the show, the show underperformed rating wise, the writing was horrible and plot-centric with characters becoming unrecognizable, the constant abuse of the fans and shippers of the show, etc. All of this combined to form a show that people had no interest in watching. I would say the thing that killed Roswell was the writers themselves, they isolated the fans and viewers (the very people who saved the show in the first place both times in the previous seasons) and that spelled disaster for them. It makes sense, the writers destroyed the Max/Liz relationship when they had him sleep with Tess - at that point the dreamers were so pissed that if they didn't stop watching after the It's Too Late and It's Too Bad/Departure then they certainly stopped watching after Busted. So the dreamers left at that point, combine the fact that they torpedoed the Candie's relationship by having Maria become so selfish and breaking Micheal's heart after everything she did to get him to open up and then add to this Micheal's heartless actions to Maria in Who Died and Made You King why would they continue watching and suffering from the abuse the writers handed out to them? Once you isolated the groups two biggest fan followings you don't have much of a show left. I think Tess did lead them to cancellation had Max not slept with Tess I think a lot of people would have kept watching because they loved the Max/Liz dynamic but once he slept with her they ruined the very thing that made the dreamer ship so special. I don't mean to bring this thread down but this is what ruined Roswell and what lead it to cancellation.