Roswell Forums

The WB (ended 2002)

General Discussion & FAQ (ask your questions here!)

icanfix

[1]Feb 5, 2006
    • level: 8
    hi, ive purchased all 3 seasons of roswell, since the series is so short i was wondering if it was worth getting into, i mean do we get all the answers and closure or are we just left hanging ive literally just finished watching episode 1x08 blood brother, and i have to say the finale was probably the most unexpected scene ive seen in my life, because the ep were michaels in a car crash and they alter his blood, the scene which i was gobsmacked at is at the end where alex is in his office, u dont know how many sequences in film and tv were this has happend but the person in the room manages to do something to avoid suspison, like change the screen, or download the files and swithc into another chair, or talk his way out of it, basically anything that doesnt cause a fuss, BUT in this scene it hands down caught me off gaurd, i tohught oh god another cliche, but the way we have the situation set up with school kid on teacher/fbi computer and they come in a hands down catch him in the act only for him to reveal he knows she's fbi, BRILLIANT, that was what made me really think im onto a winning show, even though i liked the idea of it anyway although im kind of against shows that have some deep meaning just because aliens are on another planet (its not like their is this whole spiritual prophicy to be fullfilled because an alien is on ur planet) i think roswell can get away with it partly (riverdog), smallville kind of pulls of the destiny thing because its superman and we understand the why but not the how. so after my boring thread i refer u to my original question, should i go into roswell with my gaurd up so i dont expect to much for me to lose intrest cos its not as good a my expectations or can u reasure me that the show was ended on a high with all/most of the important stuff adressed because they new it was finishing, and not a canncelled ending in the middle/wrapped up storryine, or even worse a clifffhanger that we never learn the result of, or even worse some crappy words on the screen telling us they all went home and lived happily ever after, p.s please no spoilers cos i dont have to wait very long, i just want to know how much to expect so i can tune my intrest levels to balance me so i can tollerate it
    Edited on 05/31/2006 8:41am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

whatupmyasian

[2]Feb 6, 2006
    • level: 15
    first of all max got into the car crash and second of all it wraps up the storyline. i truely love this show its one of my all time favs and i wished it could have gone longer, umm, im not sure if i answerd ur question because i didnt feel like reading everyting u typed so yea, its worth watching, in my oppinon season 1 and 2 were the best and yea,

whatupmyasian

[3]Feb 6, 2006
    oh btw i didnt really enjoy the last scene of the last episode but thats just me, i dont want to reveal anything but i just wanted to let u know

RosSlayville

[4]Feb 6, 2006
    it's worth getting into! I've been a roswellian for 6 years now! Next october marks 7 years! So i still watch it and love it! I get pulled in everytime i watch the 1st eppy!

WILDFANSRULE

[5]Feb 8, 2006
    • level: 6
    It is so worth it! Do not give up on it, you will be glad you did watch it all!

NYJOEY

[6]Mar 22, 2006
    • level: 4
    Just ENJOY the show!

Roswell is like no other show ever on TV, you will finish the series and then look at the DVDS and ask for more. You will wonder how such a fantastic show ever ended?

Your Roswell Friend,

JOEY

RosSlayville

[7]Jun 3, 2006
    Roswell made me such a huge Dreamer Fan! And i'm glad that i am!

XandraSkye

[8]Jul 21, 2006
    Ok, since I'm a new "Roswell" fan, any discussion I want to do about the show I should do here, right?

I just posted a few thoughts in the "How long you been Roswellian" thread but from now on I will put them in this thread.

XandraSkye

[9]Jul 21, 2006
    I just got done watching "The Toy House", the episode where Max puts out the fire in their kitchen and his mom starts to have questions about him. Isabel wants to tell their Mom the truth but Max says "No". What I don't understand is why Isabel doesn't just say, "Ok, don't tell Mom" and then go tell her herself. I mean, really, what's stopping her?

Sort of reminds me of "Smallville" and how Clark will never tell Lana his secret, at least not as far as Season 4, since that's the last season I finished. I mean, everyone knows that the meteor shower cuzed people to have special abilities. Why doesn't he just tell Lana that? He can tell her about the super speed and strength and keep the rest to himself. Drives me crazy!

jaffatealc

[10]Jul 31, 2006
    • level: 11
    When Roswell was original send some 6 years ago I only saw the first two season. For some reason I never got to watch season 3.

Every year since then I have wondered what happened so this summer I just watched the whole show and it still rocks. Can't see why they cancelled it. Makes no sense to me.
    It was a good story and there was stuff to build on.

Great show.

DustyGirl87

[11]Aug 18, 2006
    • level: 5
    Did the series end because it was time for it to end or wasn't it getting enough viewer ratings?

kel7we

[12]Aug 19, 2006
    • level: 1
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
    Edited on 08/19/2006 7:29am

kel7we

[13]Aug 19, 2006
    HI ALL!!!

I just came across this page, It is refreshing to see that there are others out there who love the show as much as I do!

in response to your Question, When Roswell first started, it was on after Dawson's creak on Wednesdays on channel 9 (WB). Roswell was up against some tough competition for that time slot. So they moved it to another day of the week, Tuesday. Season 2- was on Monday then back to Wednesday. Then fans tuned in one Wednesday (in the middle of season 2) and the show was gone.

Most people thought the show was canceled, most of the viewers had no clue the show had switched networks. I only found out in time to catch then last 2 episodes in the final season,

I only found out this because Colin hanks (Alex) was on the late show talking about his new movie, and the topic of Roswell was brought up. They talked about the show going off the air. Colin talked about his disappointment of the treatment the show got. (same as I said, How the show got bounced around everywhere and the fans never could find the show).

This show did end before its time.

On the season 3 commentary, by Jason Katims (ex. pro). For "Graduation" (last episode). He explains that the network gave him little warning that the show was being canceled, He and the writers had to compile a 5 episode season finally into 1 episode and also add final closer because of the cancellation (considering their time frame I think they did a great job)

LOL... but, don't mind me just blowing off more then 5 years of steam about the show getting canceled.

This was a great show that fell through the cracks!!!

lol... I should clue you all in that I was in high-school at the time, so Dawson's creak and Roswell, were the biggie shows that my age group watched... (in case you were wondering how i remember the days it was on)

Well, I hope this overly detailed answer help you :-)

kel7we

[14]Aug 19, 2006
    Intresting fact.....

On the commentary, Jason Katims, said that the storyline for Season 4 of Roswell, was going to be about how the six of the kids left Roswell in the van and just moving around from place to place, doing good deads, (liz would have a vision and the group would travel to that destination and help whom ever was in trouble in her vision) and while doing this they are being chased by the privet secor of the FBI.

I dont know about you all, but I would have loved to have seen this!!!!

Have any of you read the last 4 books? do the books go into this?

GaRYtheWHiTe

[15]Jan 6, 2007
    • level: 3
    QUESTION

Why was tess evil? I loved her, she was hotter then liz, why would she betray her husband? Even if nasato cared for her, he was still her husband.

tv_worm

[16]Jan 9, 2007
    • level: 12
    I just regained some of my lost interest in roswell and saw season 1 for what would be like the 15th time over. So I thought I would come by here and see how everyone was doing.

Firstly icanfix, its definitely a show you can get into. Personally I hated season 2 since it had a lot of unfinished story arcs or unexplained plot points as well as the annoying science fiction with those bacteria like things. However, that aside the story is beautiful and some episodes in late season 3, entire season 1 and early season 2 episodes are truly a delight to watch over and over.

XandraSkye, the reason that Isabel cannot do it is because back on their planet Max(or rather Zan) has the final say on everything that goes on. If you are still on the first season then you will see this later when they get into more detail about their life back on their planet. Since that was the case on their planet even though she wants to tell she is compelled not to - not by her human side but rather her alien side. As for the lana thing in smallville, Clark never told Lana the truth is because Lana has always been against "meteorite freaks". These freaks have always managed to kidnap or harm her in some way and Clark doesn't want to lose Lana forever because of that.

DustyGirl87, the series ended because while the show was getting decent ratings, its shift from channel to channel and towards the end some lack of promotion led to less viewers. Add to the fact that the network was demanding a lot of sci-fi plot points which is exactly what the fans did not want and the show was doomed. Furthermore, each episode of roswell cost a bomb to make and while there was a profit, it wasn't substantial enough for them to continue the show due to the aforementioned reasons. The show however did manage a decent ending but some plot points which were disliked by many viewers during season 2 and season 3 were never completed.

Going back to what kel7we said, I too wasnt aware that roswell was continuing on upn. I had the network but since no other shows on that channel interested me I never bothered to check. I only discovered it was there by mistake while browsing channels unfortunately by then they were airing graduation for the first time and the news about its cancellation had been released.

GaRYtheWHiTe, Tess wasn't really evil but she got taken in by Nasedo's need to form an alliance with the skins and in doing her job to get back to her planet with Max's baby she unintentionally killed Alex. The reason she was considered evil is because she was never honest about it knowing fully well that Max's character is such that he would try and find a way to make things work. She betrayed Max because she lived with a man who was planning this moment for nearly 11 years. She was with Max and the gang for hardly any time and their distrust of her didnt make her change her view. When she finally did get to the point where Max trusted her, she was so driven by her plan that she didnt bother to enjoy the very thing she was craving for ever since she got out of those incubation pods. This is all explained from Tess' point of view in the second to last episode - "Four aliens and a baby". Don't get me wrong, I hate Tess for what she did like many other fans but after that episode you can really see why she did it.

Wow long message!

GaRYtheWHiTe

[17]Jan 10, 2007
    • level: 3
    Man, what happened to tess? did she die? Man i hate when good shows end.

Take everwood for instance, i think it was one of the best shows if not the best the wb had to offer at the time.

tv_worm

[18]Jan 10, 2007
    • level: 12
    GaRYtheWHiTe wrote:
    Man, what happened to tess? did she die? Man i hate when good shows end.

Take everwood for instance, i think it was one of the best shows if not the best the wb had to offer at the time.

Well the result is that it is really unknown if she died. I believe that she is still alive but too hurt continue. If you have seen the episode "four aliens and a baby" then you will know that she attacked a military base head-on but owing to the fact that she did the exact same thing in the start of the episode there is no way of knowing if she died or not. Yeah roswell ended and even though the ending itself was good, the season could have ended a few plot points instead of adding new storylines and thats why people hate season 3 so much. I never saw everwood but I heard it was a good show. I just never got into it.

jimbo_001

[19]Feb 21, 2007
    • level: 56

XandraSkye wrote:
    I just got done watching "The Toy House", the episode where Max puts out the fire in their kitchen and his mom starts to have questions about him. Isabel wants to tell their Mom the truth but Max says "No". What I don't understand is why Isabel doesn't just say, "Ok, don't tell Mom" and then go tell her herself. I mean, really, what's stopping her?

Two reasons: All three aliens are supposed to agree on decisions and back home, Max/Zan is considered the leader and they have to answer to him

XandraSkye wrote:
    Sort of reminds me of "Smallville" and how Clark will never tell Lana his secret, at least not as far as Season 4, since that's the last season I finished. I mean, everyone knows that the meteor shower cuzed people to have special abilities. Why doesn't he just tell Lana that? He can tell her about the super speed and strength and keep the rest to himself. Drives me crazy!

I've never watched Smallville (not that I think it'll be bad, just can't be bothered watching another show) but in the movies (only seen the first 2) nobody knows Superman's identity so for story's sake nobody can know Clark Kent's secret, even his girlfriend (since even Lois doesn't know in the movies). Smallville does sound interesting now that you mention that the meteor shower mutated people

Mikeys_Spartkus

[20]Feb 22, 2007
    • level: 6

GaRYtheWHiTe wrote:
    QUESTION Why was tess evil? I loved her, she was hotter then liz, why would she betray her husband? Even if nasato cared for her, he was still her husband.

In the final ep of season 2 we found out that she killed Alex. Who she used him to translate the alien book and mind worped to forget that it all happened, which resulted in killing Alex and then mind worped Kyle cos he witnessed Alex dying. Not to mention that she mad Kyle drag Alex to the car which she then caused an accident. This made the police think that i was suicide. It then made Liz offend Max by say that she believed that an alien behind Alex's death, which caused a rift between Liz and Max. This then made Max turn to Tess. She then manipulated his mind, which resulted in them sleeping together and Tess becoming pregnant. She then pretented that the baby was dying so that they could return to their home planet again by manipulating Max's mind. All this was so that the baby would be given to Kava and then he would rule the planet that Max was King of. We find this out in the 3rd season and Tess also claims that Nasado was the one that made the promise to Kava ( i don't think so ). Probably more lies and decet!

All this manipulating is making me so anger at her again. Aaaaaaaauuuggghh!!!!!  When i was watching the show on tv I swear everytime she was on tv I she made me so anger!!!! I think i need anger management class. hehehehe

Edited on 02/22/2007 5:29pm