We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Roswell Forums

The WB (ended 2002)

General Discussion & FAQ (ask your questions here!)

Mikeys_Spartkus

[21]Feb 22, 2007
    • level: 6

DustyGirl87 wrote:
    Did the series end because it was time for it to end or wasn't it getting enough viewer ratings?

It end cos there was not enough viewer. This show was axed twice before it was actually axed because there was not enough viewers. It was axed once after the first season and then the second season. It was and always will be the best show that every graced our tv screens. It was different to any other show that was on tv. I was addicted ever once the first show. When it was first axed fans post letters and bottles of Tabasco sauce to the studios.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Katy_lou

[22]Apr 13, 2007
    • level: 7
    Given that Roswell has one of the biggest cult followings ive ever seen, Im really shocked that it was cancelled. But, the majority of the shows followers started watching after it was axed or on the release of the DVD's... So it was too late. Im gutted. I really wish there was more Roswell
    Edited on 04/13/2007 2:53am

lilwinrock

[23]Aug 10, 2007
    • level: 12
    Do you think Vallenti would be affected the same as Kyle? Didn't want to spoil for those not caught up.
    Edited on 08/22/2007 3:18pm

Cynthia0688

[24]Sep 4, 2007
    • level: 5
    Roswell Marathons on scifi every 1st of the month and if the 1st is a sat or sun its on the following monday

Hayley4Naley

[25]Oct 10, 2007
    • level: 17
    In one of the first few eps Izzie refered to her powers as 'powers' which i thought was strange.. it would be like us refering to our abilities to see, hear and taste etc as 'powers'. They would just be normal for the aliens right?

tvfan332

[26]Oct 11, 2007
    • level: 37

Hayley4Naley wrote:
    In one of the first few eps Izzie refered to her powers as 'powers' which i thought was strange.. it would be like us refering to our abilities to see, hear and taste etc as 'powers'. They would just be normal for the aliens right?

They are normal for the aliens, but normal human beings cannot do those things, so they refer to them as powers.

GaRYtheWHiTe

[28]Nov 11, 2007
    • level: 3
    I really liked this show, from top to bottom.

Couple things, was tess ever good or what?

Also, in the last episode, liz says shes not religious, but everything in the past 3 seasons says different.

brookes0826

[31]May 7, 2008
    • level: 11
    Do Max and Liz ever consummate their relationship? If so what episode? Or is Tess the only one we see him sleep with? If so, that sucks.

mattgus

[32]May 13, 2008
    • level: 14
    SPOILER...SPOILER...QUESTION...what ep does max save kyle and he and his father begin playing on their(alien)team?...i remember that there is a fight at the ufo center and he is shot or something falls on him,but i can't find the ep and i have been searching my discs and the tv.com recaps with no luck...it has been along time since i saw it...

tvfan332

[33]May 13, 2008

mattgus wrote:
    SPOILER...SPOILER...QUESTION...what ep does max save kyle and he and his father begin playing on their(alien)team?...i remember that there is a fight at the ufo center and he is shot or something falls on him,but i can't find the ep and i have been searching my discs and the tv.com recaps with no luck...it has been along time since i saw it...

I think it's the end of season one, I think it might be the season finale, episode 22.

TrueLoveAlways

[34]Nov 26, 2008
    So i've heard a lot about the unaired pilot episode and the two original two hour long episodes, 'Departure' and 'Graduation'. Does anyone know anything about them? 'cos they sound awesome and I would so love to watch them if they're online somewhere.

TrueLoveAlways

[35]Nov 26, 2008

brookes0826 wrote:
    Do Max and Liz ever consummate their relationship? If so what episode? Or is Tess the only one we see him sleep with? If so, that sucks.

*SPOILERS* Well I'd say Max and Liz eventually consummate their relationship 'cos they get married. And they would have slept together in season two but the whole 'future max coming back and telling Liz their relationship would eventually lead to the end of the world so she pretends to sleep with Kyle to get Max to turn away from her' thing kinda ruined that ha ha and apparently they would have consummated things in the original two hour series finale but Warner Brothers only let them have a one hour slot so it was cut. So yeah basically the only person we see Max sleep with is Tess, ick. Totally sucks.

jrsgalaxy

[36]Nov 27, 2008
    I also read somewhere that apart from the other stuff mentioned before Smallville also played a part in the demise of Roswell..it was something well Smallville is new and it has alot of hype already and the execs believe it was gonna be huge so they just decided to get rid of Roswell so the focus could be on Smallville alone.. something along those lines i dont remember the exact quotes..

tvfan332

[37]Dec 16, 2008

TrueLoveAlways wrote:
    So i've heard a lot about the unaired pilot episode and the two original two hour long episodes, 'Departure' and 'Graduation'. Does anyone know anything about them? 'cos they sound awesome and I would so love to watch them if they're online somewhere.

I'm not too sure about any of this, but I think Departure was going to be a two-hour finale but the network only gave them 21 episodes so it had to be cut down. Graduation was probably gonna be a bit different because the episode order was cut down to 18 episodes for the final season, but I'm pretty sure there is no 2-hour version of either episode you mentioned.

To the post above mine, Smallville was on at the same time as Roswell (I think, I don't even live in the US so I could be wrong) and Smallville was getting higher ratings, which might have factored in Roswell's end. I'm not sure, though.

jrsgalaxy

[38]Dec 17, 2008
    The 2 hour finales were filmed but just never were allowed to be aired.

jrsgalaxy

[39]Dec 17, 2008
    Katy_lou wrote:
    Given that Roswell has one of the biggest cult followings ive ever seen, Im really shocked that it was cancelled. But, the majority of the shows followers started watching after it was axed or on the release of the DVD's... So it was too late. Im gutted. I really wish there was more Roswell

Well if TV has taught us anything is that great stuff no matter howearly it ended is usually revived after a while. Eventually some great producer or director is going to stumble on this show and want to do a spin off jsut likethey did wit star trek. Who knows it could a young fan at this time and grow up to be adirector.

JoshSutton

[40]Aug 7, 2009
    • level: 15

jrsgalaxy wrote:
    I also read somewhere that apart from the other stuff mentioned before Smallville also played a part in the demise of Roswell..it was something well Smallville is new and it has alot of hype already and the execs believe it was gonna be huge so they just decided to get rid of Roswell so the focus could be on Smallville alone.. something along those lines i dont remember the exact quotes..

I hope thats not true cos in comparison Smallville sucks! The actors are completely wooden and the story-lines are ridiculous, id take Roswell over Smallville in a heartbeat!