Roswell Forums

The WB (ended 2002)

Roswell on DVD

robinepowell

[41]Jan 24, 2008
    • level: 63

It's been announced that Fox will re-release all three Seasons on DVD August 29th, with different covers. $39.98 USD and $54.98 CDN. It's mostly because of Katherine Heigel's success.

:
    We've added a news item for "Roswell" to the site. Here it is:

Fox Re-Releasing Roswell Season Sets with New Packaging - 1:29 PM 1/24/2008 "Roswell" season sets are getting re-released, with new packaging. See the covers and get the dates in the TVShowsOnDVD News!
    www.TVShowsOnDVD.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=8848

You were sent this email because you have expressed interest in having "Roswell" released on DVD. If you no longer want to receive these emails you may change the setting in your User Options - "Change Account Information".
    TVShowsOnDVD.com - www.tvshowsondvd.com/

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JoshSutton

[42]Jan 25, 2008
    • level: 15
    Did they also put the music back to their original ones for the re released box sets?

tvfan332

[43]Jan 25, 2008
    • level: 37
    I already have the DVDs, but those covers are coolio! Gotta love the "Starring Emmy Winner Katherine Heigl" as a way to sell the DVDs, Katherine Heigl is the best actor on the show, it's a shame that Isabel could be so underused at times.

michael_LB92

[44]Jan 26, 2008
    • level: 24
    Those covers are hilarious. Look at the way they just sick Katherine Heigl right at the front, as if she even had barely any part in season one. That really annoys me. I understand that they want to increase DVD sales, but like tvfan said, Katherine's character was so underused at most times. But now they're sticking her in the front because she's so successful now. I love Katherine and I love Isabel, but that is so irritaing.
    Sorry if this comes off as petty.

dude6363

[45]Jan 27, 2008
    • level: 60
    My sister has all of them, I think.

robinepowell

[46]Feb 8, 2008
    • level: 63
    JoshSutton wrote:
    Did they also put the music back to their original ones for the re released box sets?

No idea, I guess we'll find out.

JoshSutton

[47]Feb 8, 2008
    • level: 15

robinepowell wrote:
    JoshSutton wrote:
    No idea, I guess we'll find out.

God i hope so. I watched Chantdown Babylon and the scene where Liz finds out Max is dead, they changed Sensefield - Save yourself, and the scene isnt that great. Also in Monsters, they took away Semisonic - Made to Last Aaand in the episode Cry Your Name, where Liz is crying near the end, they took out Beth Orton - she cries your name (I thought they'd have kept that surely!)

Just a few examples there. I have another but i think 3 is enough...

Edited on 02/08/2008 2:14pm

TrueLoveAlways

[48]Apr 26, 2008
    • level: 7

michael_LB92 wrote:
    Those covers are hilarious. Look at the way they just sick Katherine Heigl right at the front, as if she even had barely any part in season one. That really annoys me. I understand that they want to increase DVD sales, but like tvfan said, Katherine's character was so underused at most times. But now they're sticking her in the front because she's so successful now. I love Katherine and I love Isabel, but that is so irritaing. Sorry if this comes off as petty.

lmao I totally agree! just saw the covers and they're ridiculously hilarious! lol especially season 2 , Liz isn't even on the cover. Man that's krak up, they've put Izzie in front like she was the main and only character, Isabel/Katherine Heigl is awesome but she wasn't the main character on roswell. Btw peeps join the 'official roswell fan club'

Edited on 04/26/2008 4:57pm

motleylil

[49]May 13, 2008
    • level: 19

Just thought I'd give you the heads up on the new DVD sets. IT'S NOT WORTH IT. It's exactly the same thing, only it's in a smaller package with Katherine Heigl on front and a nice and very useless sticker. The content has not even been touched, they didn't even bothered to change the music, the menus are exactly the same. If you wonder which one between the old or the new sets you should buy, just take the cheapest one, or the new if you really care about size, but then again, it's not worth it.

michael_LB92

[50]May 25, 2008
    • level: 24
    motleylil wrote:

Just thought I'd give you the heads up on the new DVD sets. IT'S NOT WORTH IT. It's exactly the same thing, only it's in a smaller package with Katherine Heigl on front and a nice and very useless sticker. The content has not even been touched, they didn't even bothered to change the music, the menus are exactly the same. If you wonder which one between the old or the new sets you should buy, just take the cheapest one, or the new if you really care about size, but then again, it's not worth it.

Good to know that I'm not missing out on anything.

addict666

[51]May 25, 2008
    • level: 45
    That is a good episode even though that is true, you should watch the episode commentary on it from Sheri and Majandra, it is really funny.

aless888

[52]Jun 8, 2008
    • level: 23
    I have the complete series box set and the box doesn't even feel sturdy enough for the whole series. The art is disappointing. I only bought it because it was cheaper then buying the old ones separately.

motleylil

[53]Jun 14, 2008
    • level: 19

aless888 wrote:
    I have the complete series box set and the box doesn't even feel sturdy enough for the whole series. The art is disappointing. I only bought it because it was cheaper then buying the old ones separately.

Are you talking about the Asian release of the complete series, right? Because I haven't heard of it being released in the US.

leofiregod

[54]Jun 22, 2008
    • level: 7
    I bought season 1 over a year ago and since then haven't been able to find seasons 2 and 3.

aless888

[55]Jun 25, 2008
    • level: 23
    motleylil wrote:

aless888 wrote:

Are you talking about the Asian release of the complete series, right? Because I haven't heard of it being released in the US.

No, I'm in the US. I got it at Best Buy.

kingtazzy

[56]Aug 21, 2008
    • level: 18
    For some reason I cant see them spending $$$$ to get the right songs on the original dvds. Its on the producer and rest for not coming through when it was time to get those out on dvd. I would of spent the extra 20 dollers per season to get the dvd sets with the original songs. Maybe in the future will be able to get whatever kind of songs we want on roswell. It would be cool as hell. Theres no doubt this tv show could of been on maybe six or seven seasons. Its also cool I still hear songs that were popular back in the day from this show.)

pferreira86

[57]Dec 11, 2008
    • level: 18
    tvfan332 wrote:
    I already have the DVDs, but those covers are coolio! Gotta love the "Starring Emmy Winner Katherine Heigl" as a way to sell the DVDs, Katherine Heigl is the best actor on the show, it's a shame that Isabel could be so underused at times.
    Strange, I've always felt she was the weak link among the cast. Most episodes that didn't focus on her were more enjoyable. Different opinions I guess. But if putting Katherine Heigl in the foreground helps DVD sales, making the show more popular I don't mind.

jrsgalaxy

[58]Dec 12, 2008
    • level: 14
    pferreira86 wrote:
    tvfan332 wrote:
    Strange, I've always felt she was the weak link among the cast. Most episodes that didn't focus on her were more enjoyable. Different opinions I guess. But if putting Katherine Heigl in the foreground helps DVD sales, making the show more popular I don't mind.

I don't know I always enjoyed episodes that featured Izzie. Thought she was such a dynamic and charming actress and contributed something special to the show.

CruzDavid

[59]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 4
    I went to fye and they usually have everything and they didnt even have 1 season of this show. I want to watch it so bad too.

alirk

[60]Mar 8, 2010
    • level: 22

CruzDavid wrote:
    I went to fye and they usually have everything and they didnt even have 1 season of this show. I want to watch it so bad too.

Amazon or EBAY