Roswell

The WB (ended 2002)

Edward_Nigma

Roswell Fan Reviews page 6 of 7

• Make The Movie!

They seriously need to go ahead with the one time plans to make a movie that centers around two of the books from after the end of the series, I bought season 3 right when it came out and i still want more! Great show! Anyone out there thinking about checking it out, do it! Now!
  • Maybe they should make a movie.

For those who aren't with the program here, Roswell follows Max (Jason Behr), Isabel (Katherine Heigl) and Michael (Brendan Fehr), three teens in Roswell, New Mexico who are aliens originating from the infamous UFO crash of 1947. They are about as much in the dark about their origins as anyone else. Their secret starts leaking out when Max heals a girl he likes from a gunshot wound after an incident in a diner. These three and a select group of trusted friends then embark on an adventure of discovery and secret-keeping. There's also romance. Lots of it. This is almost like sci-fi for chicks. That's very sexist of me, but I know it conveys a sense of this series to some of you.

Despite some extreme soap elements, Roswell was a well-crafted series and some of the more fully defined teen characters in the whole of the Dawson's era of shows.
  • This is a show about three aliens Max,Michel, and Isabel.At the crashdown when Liz is shot Max uses his powers to heal her. He then has to tell her his deep secret that he is an alien that survived the Roswell crash.

I love this show! If you are into action and love you will really enjoy this show. The romance between Max and liz is so cute and I think it adds something great to the series. Trust me though if you watch one episode you will be hooked for life.
  • The best thing that happened to my life.I started watching it in high school now i'm a junior in college, i have all 3 seasons,i've watched them over 4 times around,can't get enough of it,for fans like us this show should still be around!

Not only has this been a part of my life but i have brought people to watch it and now itz part of their life.Everyone knows how i cam when it comes to this show,they can't call me over the phone nor will they see me until i have finished all 3 seasons.When i watch this show i am drawn to these characters as if i was playing a part in it.I have changed as a person for the better because of this show,the best part of this show is that you can go into your own little world and daydream about all the wonderful things in life, a range of this such as love,how different ppl can come together,questions about if we are alone in this world,etc.This show is about hope for me,that i can do things in my life,i have never been so attached to a show in my life before this is definetly a collection i take with me wherever i go.I can seriously say that if i were to ever disappear, unless my 3 season of Roswell are gone, i'm not gone.I never leave without it, i love that show
  • great scifi show

in the first season the characters developed and we get to know evryone. Brendan Fehr as Michael Guerin is my favourite character on the show, this because Max and Isabel can convide in each other and Michael is a bitt off a loner.
    This is one of the few shows out there worth watching.This show has an incredible cast and writers that continue to keep the show looking fresh.it is a shame that the show stopped.
  • Roswell is one of the greastest t.v. shows to come out of the WB network. Though being a little far out in it's premise, it truly was a great drama.

Roswell is one of the greastest t.v. shows to come out of the WB network. Though being a little far out in it's premise, it truly was a great drama. It was a concept that could have been easily over dramatized or made to ridiculous, but instead it walked a fine line and did it well. It is easy to get attached to the characters and become involved in their lives. Though at the end, the show did lose some of its original charm. This show had some good writing (albeit a lot of it soao opera style), good characters (not to mention hot, ala classic wb), and some of the best music on any show. This is definatly a show worth getting addicted too. it's a shame it only made it three seasons.
  • personally i loved roswell from the pilot episode!

yes i'm a roswell fan! i fell in love with the plot from both angles the sci-fi and the romantic side of the show. i miss it. it would be nice if the exec's would pay attention to the fans - who turn to the sci-fi channel to catch the reruns and buy the box set just so we can get a fix of our favorite show - bring it back in a movie AT LEAST and give us something new to enjoy about our favorite series. ok i'm done ranting for now
  • Aliens bond with humans in this sometimes dark, always romantic series. The main love dyad is between Max Evans and Liz Parker, bound together by a secret shared with only a few other people. They learn to depend on each other for their ultimate surviva

This is one of the best shows that was ever on television. Of course the writing wasn't always that great, but I could never take my eyes of Jason Behr. I was caught up in the connection between Max and Liz from the very beginning. I am a huge Jason Behr fan and Roswell is where it all began. Jason Behr did an excellent job with the character of Max Evans as did Shiri Appleby with Liz Parker. I am sad that it is no longer on television with new episodes, but it will live on forver in my DVD Player.
  • Max, Isabel and Michael are aliens that try so hard to hide there secret that it eventually starts unraveling!

This was a really great show and i loved watching this show! I wish it came on everyday but it only comes on scifi but at certain times so i dont know! The thing i like about this show is the mysteries i like how there are so many mysteries to these characters!
  • i was really moved on the episode when Alex dies. when max tries to heal him, but he couldn't. and then how they started to became two groups the humans (who believed that alex was murder by an alien) and the aliens who disagreed.

I loved that show and i felt so bad when it ended. i still cant understand why they cancelled the show. i loved how they ended the last episode but i felt they could do more it shouldn't just end there. i'll be so happy if they could make more season on roswell. please please please plesae :) i know you could do it :)
  • roswell... the shows about human-alien relationship! just like smallville... ders a gap between relationship stuffs! but max saves liz inspite of exposing his real identity! can clark kent do dat?! i dnt think so... deyr d real romeo and juliet w/ a twist

okay... im not a big fan of sci-fi before except for smallville of course! sorry for my grammar as well.. obviously english is nt my favorite subject! nwei i want this show to be back! d concept s quite different from other shows! its popular here in jpan ryt now! i wana see more of it! i enjoyed watching season1-season3! the characters wer great! specially shiri and jason! deyr gud couple! im sad it was canceld! i like it more dan smallville now! roswell should be given another shot! i wud luv to see max and liz together avoiding the law and doing d deeds! dat wud be a great season4 for roswell! roswell rockS!
  • I was hooked from the first episode.

From the first few minutes of the first episode, I knew that this would be a show that I would love - and I was right!
    The characters and the actors who played them were great, the writing was excellent and it was something I would look forward to watching every week.
    Why it had to be cancelled after only three seasons is a complete mystery to me.
    I feel that the start of the second season of Roswell lacked some of the emotion of the first season, but it picked up again quickly and it ended up finishing just as strongly as it started.
  • Roswell was a very interesting series to watch the first year. I like the characters a lot.New characters which bring new sci-fi plots were introduced in the second season as a way to make the story richer in events.But the third year was a total waste of

7.4
    Roswell was a very interesting series to watch the first year. I like the characters a lot. We get attached to them. New characters which bring new sci-fi plots were introduced in the second season. This was an attempt to make the story richer in events. That was a good idea. The results were not always well interpreted. The show evolves between these two seasons but I was still having fun to watch.

But the third year was a total waste of time. This is the time of the downfall of the characters, the lost of their dreams. I listen to the third season’s episodes and feel bored most the time. A lot of episodes were just repetition of the same story line. In my opinion, he should never been produced. I can understand some of the reasoning behind Season 3 plots but the episodes were just boring to watch. The finale of the show was not better – it was predictable. It is sad to see a good show declined like this.

In all fairness, Roswell may have been produced in a time where there was not a big enough market for it. I know that the producers have to fight to keep the show on the air. It seems to me that the network has too big expectations regarding the rating of the show. So basically, Roswell is the perfect example to prove that making changes just to appear to more people can be a huge mistake. Sci-fiction shows, even when you mix with teen romance, are never to be a huge hit because sci-fi is not main stream subject. Networks do not always get it. It is said that Roswell has to pay for it.

I encourage people to view the first 2 seasons and skip the last season. This way you will leave the show with good memories.
  • It should have never been cancelled!

I really miss this show, and I really don't think it should've been cancelled.

In fact, it is pretty well known that The WB basically sabotaged the show in the 2nd season, if not sooner. There were so many ideas that the writers wanted to do for the season--explaination of who Serena was, and other things of the like--But The WB nixed it. It was cancelled, or well, left the WB the same week that Buffy the Vampire Slayer did, and at the end of BtVS, The WB had like a message saying how they'd miss the show and such and wished it luck on upn....Yeah, they didn't do that for Roswell, which I thought was pretty evil of them.

Then, when Roswell got on UPN, The WB did another evil thing by putting it aganist Smallville, which took a lot of the roswell viewers and kept a lot of new viewers from checking out the show.

So, yes, all in all, The WB royally screwed Roswell over and the show should really be brought back.

Granted, it is probably unlikely since some of the cast has said that they don't want to do it again and that they wouldn't want to do a tv series again, or have gotten other jobs (i.e. Katherine is on Grey's Anatomy now.) But still, it would be great to see the show again.
  • this show went to soon!

this is by far one of the more interesting show that i have ever watched. its a perfect blend of drama and sci-fi. this show was on the right track until season three rolled around and i dont know what the writers were thinking but the show went down hill. their was alot more romance and less about the original mission the show was putting out. but besides all that the show deserves my perfect 10 rating because it was original and it keep me watching until the very end. the least the could have done was keep it on for one season to finish the story out the right way.
  • Roswell is a fun show about ordinary teenagers, growing up in Roswell, New Mexico, who just happen to be the aliens who‘s crash landing put Roswell on the map of American oddities.

A great cast and interesting concept should have gotten this show more attention. The first two seasons were highest caliber entertainment. Season three went a bit off target, but is still worth watching and the cast was not killed off at the end.

Jason Behr is pretty good as Max. His limited range of facial expressions (which can be really annoying in other things I’ve seen him in) actually works to his advantage here, making him look like he is trying to hide something.

Shiri Appleby is great as Max’s gorgeous girlfriend and occasional narrator. Like Jason, she is better here (Roswell) than she has been in any projects she’s done since. She’s very good looking though.
  • i cant believe i never know about this show

I started watching roswell on sci fi a few years after it was ended and i instatly fell inlove with it. it is a new outlook at waht happened at roswell new mexico and i love it. i can not believe that i never knew that is show was on. i was disapointed when i foud out it was a canceled show. it was a great show
  • "I've always wanted to be a biochemist. You know the first time I walked into a chemistry lab, you know that sulfer smell? I knew I was home."

So, right out of the gate I knew she was, or would be an alien, one of them, or, at the very least always with them.

This is one of my favorite romantic love stories ever. What a unique way of creating an environment of trials and tribulations that actually exist in all young lovers' worlds.

The fact that it is actually the exact same world of worries and warnings, fears and hopes of telling or not telling, of how who they are, or are not is the same as the gay community is faced with everyday, all the time, adds amazing poignance to the parallels portrayed. A righteous vehicle was produced for those three years that made their struggles real to all of us. Never faced with any kind of problem being, or being with gay friends I was glad to see some of my less fortunate friends get a clue by watching and learning and loving all people, no matter what. Was it Jackie Gleason or Jimmy Durante that always sang, "Thanks for the Memories," I can't remember, but anyway, Roswell, thanks for the memories that are in my heart and soul forever because of your efforts. In general, as a whole, if one really ponders and thinks,...life sucks. When I put in the Roswell DVDs, though, I love life like at no other time.

Dear Editor, I know there are a whole bunch of incomplete sentences which are difficult to read through, and I am not a good speller, and an even worse grammarian who knows nothing about correct punctuation, but, please leave it the way it is, or do me the favor of just not putting it out there. I honestly won't mind if you eliminate it from public eyes, but, it is written exactly the way I want it. Thanks.
  • I LOVE IT!!!! I personally think it was one of the best shows made. It was alittle ahead of its time, or behind its time, i am not sure about that one yet. if it was publisized bettter, then the ratings would to gone up.

It was a diamond in the ruff. Something that no one ever knew it was on T.V. The show has good story, yes it did not flow well in some parts, but that was just the writers trying to get the ratings up. BRING IT BACK!!!! Or make something as good, with the same depth, and the same great character development. I think this world needs another roswell. There are to many shows out there that are just stupid, or unoriginal. this was the opposite. it was very original, and not stupid at all. just watching some of the episodes in season 2, you need to be educated to even try to understand the logic. that is what humans need. the chance to watch a show, and not feel like there I.Q had just dropped 10 points.
    (that is enough of my rambling. just wanted all of yall to know that I am addiceted, and in love with this show, and always will be. it is my show!)
  • everyone should watch it.

I remember the first time i watched Roswell. it just so happerned that it was the last episode of the show. later when the show came out on dvd i rented the seasons and watched them. i fell in love with the show. and i still like to watch all the episodes. everyone should watch it.
  • I miss it

I don't know about you guys but i really miss it. i used to watch every episode with my sister and i think they should bring it back or at least show reruns. This programme led me into my imaginative years and i want it back. Maybe someday. Who Knows.
  • Roswell is about 4 hybrids that live on Earth in secrecy with their friends trying to find a way home and find out more about themselves. A really good story and a show people should watch if they are into alien based shows.

Roswell is a really well made show about 4 aliens who were genetically engineered with mixed human and alien DNA. They kept their secrets hidden from everybody until one day, one event changed everything. After that they were constantly trying to fix what happened with the help of their friends who found out. Each hybrid has his own powers they can use. As the show progresses, they find out more about where they came from and why they were sent to Earth. Roswell was a show that got better every season and whos ideas never got boring. The show shouldnt have been cancelled.
  • about aliens

best alien show ever wish it wasn\'t over season two was the best then season three then season one
    i love the one were alex died and liz was the only one who thought he got kill and i like the part were isabel was looking at a book about the
    school she was going to and max came over and with a school book to say she can go to a school in roswell she said no and walk off then he walk up to her and said i will tell are parents ypu on drugs and tell the treachers you cheated then isabel put the paper on fire walk off a guy said someting then she made him go flying in front off the hole school
  • I discovered Roswell years after the show ended. Little did I know what I was missing out on!

I am the product of the WB Generation. Growing up there where only two channels on my TV: The WB, and ABC. But 90% of the time it was always the WB. My love affair with Television began on March 17th, 1997 when "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" premiered on TV. I remember being nine years old and sitting on the coutch with popcorn stoked that I was allowed to stay up til 10pm to watch the show. From there I expanded into "Charmed," "Dawson's Creek," "Popular," and so on. But one show that for some reason of another that I never watched was "Roswell." A couple of years ago when the first season DVD came out, I bought it without thinking twice.

That was when I was introduced into this magical world. For some reason the story of Max, Isabelle, and Micheal, mixed in with the story of Maria, Liz, and Kyle just drew me in and never stopped. Over the course of the 5 weeks it took me to watch the entire series (you have to love ebay), Roswell easly became my favorite show, I just wish I would have been there with Tabasco Bottles in hands in 2002 when UPN cancelled the show to show my support, but now atleast I can support the Cause in a different way. Roswellmovie.net look at it! sign the petition! get the movie made!
  • The best Show ever

I watch this show like my life depended on it.I had to have my fix. I never missed an episode and even watch all the re-runs.The charecters had so much depth that grew with every episode. The way they tryed to hide there alien side and be human, i think every feels like they have a side to them they try to hide from others so people can relate to this show. I got them all on dvd and watch them all the time. The powers they have, the evil side of Tess and the ever burning question can they free there home planet from the skins...we will never no...
  • Potentially a beautiful show which unfortunately was bad developped.

7.4
    Roswell was a beautiful tv show, specially in his first season, but it got worse since the beginning of the second one and even worse with the third.
    What made this show good was the well-written sci-fi plot which worked as a frame of a quite original teen drama: a group of teen aliens with some special powers trying to live a normal life in the high school with friends and home with their families while they must face enemies who want to catch them in order to study or kill them.
    Roswell started great with the pilot - probably the best episode of all the three seasons - and went on being very good over the whole first season: both the sci-fi plot and the development of main characters' relationships were very interesting and quite original, so when you finished watching an episode you couldn't wait for the following.
    Though since the beginning of the second season all the new alien stories weren't so intriguing, often well started but always bad developped. The show lost his originality and started to get boring.
    In the third season many episodes make you ask yourself why are you watching this show yet. Probably the answer to this question is that Roswell started so well that you become fond of the characters and you want to know how their stories end.
  • A wonderful one-hour show about three aliens living in Roswell. It starts of with Max, who is an alien, healing a human, Liz. That is the start of lots of drama, humor and action. After Liz finds out, she tells Maria an Alex, creating a group of aliens an

I absolutely loved this show. It\'s just as good as Buffy, Charmed and Angel. You don\'t realize you are watching sience fiction, it\'s just Dawsons Creek with Aliens and better storylines. I especially liked the interaction between Michael and Maria, the best couple in television history!! But the other characters are all great. I almost cried when the show ended, they just have to bring it back, pleeeaaase??....
  • First, I thought this looked a bit stupid. Another teenage show. But then I saw these great characters, and...

This show, I don't know why, is one of my very favourites. For a long time, I couldn't stop begging for the dvd to appear on the shelves of my dvd-store. I still don't understand why I got hooked up. For these lonely characters? The alien story? the love story? The outsiders part? Or maybe because, between Liz and Max, there was such electricity that you could feel your skin tremble for pleasure.
    I still can't get out of this show, I keep watching it, again and again. Funny, beautiful, sad, thrilling... you take your pick. This is all of it!
  • My favourite show to bad it's over :(

Well...my mom had bought the first two seasons for me for christmas, i though well i've never heard of this show but when i started watching it i was hooked!! it's one of my very favourites shows...although the 1st season was the best, only because it's starting and the characters are just being introduced! It was a awesome show and i wished that it was still on the air! and if you haven't seen the show, and you like si-fi shows your love this one! You'll just watch 3 aliens that come to Roswell and when their secret gets out everything changes!! A must see show!
  • Something completely different and fun!

Far from Oscar potential performances, however, this was a fun program while it lasted. It is too bad that far-fetched shows like this do not last long; instead we have to sit and observe the crap they keep coming out with each year. This had me going each night as I watched all the episodes from the confines of my laptp in bed before sleep. Well done again with this "fun" freaky show!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7