Roswell

The WB (ended 2002)

Faithin1

Roswell Fan Reviews (187)

• Currently watching this. The pilot was great, so I can see why they turned it into a real show, but I'm only a few episodes in and the writers are pretty heavy handed.

4.5

They're struggling to connect simple events, backtracking on plot decisions they were hinting at earlier. A suspicious substitute teacher turns into a... guidance counselor? Many smaller events like this hint at writers flailing around without a plan of action.

Also, it's shockingly slow. I was hoping that it would get better, but other reviewers are saying that this is just going to spin wildly out of control, and I'm not surprised. Seems like a precursor to The Vampire Diaries, which took the same general themes (vampires=aliens, teen drama) but pulled them into exciting, gripping story lines. Frankly, I feel like I'm waiting for the story to ignite, but I have a feeling it's going to resolve in a drawn out chase scene where the characters are running so they won't get caught in the massive plot holes that are always half-a-step behind them.

I'm a master at suspending disbelief, but Roswell is crashing, and I'm going to have to bail.