Rough Diamond

Sunday 8:00 PM on BBC Premiered Feb 04, 2007 Between Seasons

Rough Diamond Fan Reviews (3)

6.9
  • Ballykissangel with horses

I really like this show. First of all there are not many good homegrown shows in Ireland and it is nice to see a show that is Irish but not Oirish and be-gorra-ing all over the place. There are some great Irish actors who get the opportunity to shine and, of course, my wonderful country is depicted at its best. There is an obvious camaraderie among the cast and I would imagine that they spent a glorious summer filming in the sunshine. There are six episodes in this series but if it does as well in the UK and America as it has in Ireland, then I suspect another series would be on the cards.
  • Drama to suit all the family

Quality actors, quality writing & cinematography sadly lacking on television these days.
    A welcome change from reality TV, I am sick of un-interesting people becoming famous for doing nothing besides making idiots of themselves that is.

I want to know if there will be a further series of Rough Diamond being filmed and aired.

As a huge fans of the series I wish to let the writers, production team and actors(equine and human) know how much I love the series.
    Please keep it on, it is the type of television I wish to see more of.
  • This is a great new drama I totally loved it. Great scenery. Fabulous looking horses and great acting. Hope to see more of this drama in the future.

What can I say anyone that didn't enjoy this first episode must be mad. The stunning beautiful country side was fabulous.The horses were amazing. I love the story line of two rival horse racing owners one rich and one poor.Then bringing in the long lost son relationship which I'm sure will have it's highs and lows. I hope there will be some twists and secrets along the way. The cast are spot on with a mixture of old and new. Lets hope that this drama is a success. I'm looking forward to see the rest of the show.Something to look forward to on a sunday evening.