Route 66

I'm Here to Kill a King

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Mar 20, 1964 on CBS

7.6
  • worth watching, trust me!!

With Todd by himself in the middle of nowhere (without Linc) is like missing the hamburger without the fries. And what's worse, he's kidnapped by Middle Easterners. Ooooh, that hurts.

This episode contains a the best guest stars it had ever, you can't complain about that.

With this or any series finales, it's quite devistating to see the show no returning for another season.

The only thing that brings this episode with a bang is using the original program closing with the "dancing sticks" logo. And that what make this show a real classic.

Watch this final episode of Route 66 and find out.
  • While staying at a motel in the Honeymoon Capitol of Niagara Falls, New York, and working at the state park next to the famous falls, Tod and Linc become entanged in an plot to kill a Middle Eastern ruler by a man that is Tod's look-alike double.

This episode was filmed in Niagara Falls, New York, when I was a high school junior at Niagara Falls High School. Your summary shows Niagara Falls, Canada, as the filming location and is incorrect. All portions of this episode were filmed in Niagara Falls, New York, USA. It brings back vivid memories to me of my youth and a Niagara Falls, New York, which, sadly, no longer exists. The mayor of the city and other local politicians and even the Niagara Falls Police that I remember, are included in the episode. All of the filming locations are quite familiar to me and having the ability to see various buildings that are long gone from the city due to urban renewal, including Jenss Department Store on Main Street, where the boys do some shopping, is beyond wonderful. The program also brings back memories of that day in Novemeber, 1963, when JFK was gunned down in Dallas, Texas, in an strangely similar senario to "I'm Here to Kill a King." I give this episode a solid 10 for content, acting and historical perspective. Once again, all of the filming of this episode took place in Niagara Falls, New York, USA, not in Canada.