Route 66

CBS (ended 1964)

mrdivot

Route 66 Fan Reviews (3)

7.9
  • This was my favorite TV show in the early sixties. Very seldom did I miss an episode. I developed a life long love of corvettes due to this show, and to this day, my favorite vettes are the 60-63 vettes shown in the series.

Route 66 was a well written show with a constantly changing cast of guest roles played by veteran stars or newcomers on their way up. Martin Milner and George Maharis plus there beloved corvettes were the stars of the show and the anchor that supported the wonderful guest appearances. The success of the show was primarily for three reasons:

1. Martin Milner and George Maharis were both very likeable in their roles as Tod and Buz.Tod was my favorite character; I have always liked Martin Milner, and got a chance to meet him once at a Route 66 car show in San Bernardino.

2. The great writing that featured differenct locales and good offbeat story lines.

3. The symbolism of the open road and a carefree lifestyle have a special place in the phyche of America. It\\\'s amazing that few other shows captured it like Route 66.

I have been looking for videos of the shows for years but haven\\\'t

found any yet. I wonder why the series hasn\\\'t come out on DVD yet? Maybe they haven\\\'t aged well. The Route 66 produced in the early 90\\\'s was not nearly as good as the original show and thus didn\\\'t last long.