Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In

NBC (ended 1973)

fireballil

Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In Fan Reviews (9)

7.8
  • A sketch comedy show that was in the linage of The Benny Hill show and which went on to inspire Hee Haw.

Quite simply one of the classic TV sketch comedy shows ever and one that redefined television comedy forever. Shows that have come since that use bold, outrageous and controversial matierals such as Mad TV and SNL are living heirs to what Rowen and Martin did with Laugh In.

The show was fast paced like a music video which was way ahead of its time. Few sketches lasted more than a minute or two. They had a huge cast and an even larger army of walk ons of everyone from Bob Hope to the President of the United States. Small wonder it was "must see TV" long before NBC came up with the phrase. My only criticism is that it isn't in syndication so we can enjoy it all over again today and you can't just buy whole seasons of it. These "best of" tapes are moronic. Everythign on Laugh In was a best of and I don't want some editor telling me what was best. Release the entire series to DVD and get some revenue from this classic show. I guarantee you will get a good sales return on this decision.