Royal Pains Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on USABetween Seasons

Episode Discussion: An Apple a Day 3x06 (Aug 3)

TesserT

[1]Aug 2, 2011
    • level: 78
    Let's discuss Wednesday's episode An Apple a Day here. Enjoy!

from USANetwork: Preview Clip & more
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tommy0122

[2]Aug 4, 2011
    • level: 12

I'm think that this is the last episode that I will be watching. It is a very good show but the writers are going to screw it up with their overwhelming zest to keep shaking things up. My thought is to leave it the hell along for a couple of episodes to let things settle in but my guess is that they won't.

saphire382

[3]Aug 5, 2011
    • level: 5

The way divia is being attacked is ridiculous. Raj's parents wanting her to cover the expences they put towards the wedding is rubbish. I believe divia is going to win any lawsuit against her.

I did not know people still asked for permission from fathers to propose. I am thinking Paige does not want to marry evian and she ie just using her father as an excuse

What is with paige and Hank? They were so cold to each other i could practically see the room freezing.

I think Boris has an idea what happened to Hank's girlfriend( sorry her name just skipped my memory).

kanniballl

[4]Aug 5, 2011
    • level: 18

saphire382 wrote:

The way divia is being attacked is ridiculous. Raj's parents wanting her to cover the expences they put towards the wedding is rubbish. I believe divia is going to win any lawsuit against her.

I did not know people still asked for permission from fathers to propose. I am thinking Paige does not want to marry evian and she ie just using her father as an excuse

What is with paige and Hank? They were so cold to each other i could practically see the room freezing.

I think Boris has an idea what happened to Hank's girlfriend( sorry her name just skipped my memory).

I can see them going after Divia. For starters, it looked like business was on their mind in the first place... they lost their connection to her father. Now they WANT her part in HankMed. He was a little quick to suggest that she use HankMed, and his last line leads me to believe restitution won't cover it... they want the business. The "good luck with that" comment about paying them via restitutions.

They probably want the 30% stake in HankMed and not the cash equivalent.

Meanwhile, if we take everything said on good faith, I can see the scorned family wanting to seek compensation. It was expensive and embarassing and want to be compensated. On the other hand, it was THEIR idea to make it such a big /extravagantevent.

I would imagine that similar real-life cases, the courts would ultimately side with Divia. But even so, a lawyer fight against a wealthy adversary would be costly for Divia.

I know some people still do ask permission and I know it's still done a lot. But I don't see it as "mandatory" as they made it out to be. Some people want it to be a surprise, telling the family risks ruining that. Others might know that the parents would be against it out-right so why give them to chance to mess with the proposal. On the other hand, coming forward could help smooth things out with a father that would otherwise be against it.

I imagine that Boris knew immediately what happened to Jill when she mentioned cigarette smoke. He probably then specifically looked in the wreckage for it.

Edited on 08/05/2011 8:30am

haldrey

[5]Aug 5, 2011
    • level: 22
    I have always heard that among the India's wealthy and traditional families marriage is almost always a business proposition so I do not blame Raj's parents, I blame Raj. Where is Boris, I was hopping that by now he had helped shed some light about the accident.

SlidingKat

[6]Aug 6, 2011
    • level: 5
    This whole situation just seems absurd. The marriage was arranged and agreed to by the parents not Diva. They should accept the responsibility of trying to force something on an unwanted party.

And did I miss something? Wasn't Raj the one who walked after being pissed about the quarantine?

Really wish the writers would just stop with the problems beyond medical episodic problems. Sick of Evan wanting to expand.