Royal Pains

Pilot

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Jun 04, 2009 on USA

• Dr. Hank Lawson has it all. Top ER Surgeon, Model Fiancee, and a great future until he makes the right decision in the OR and it ruins his career. He finds himself out of work and in need of a job. Along comes his brother and a visit to The Hamptons.

This Pilot episode exceeded my expectations for this show. It looked like a clever idea, but the main character Dr. Hank Lawson played by Mark Feuerstein is someone you can really like for so many reasons. His brother Evan, Paulo Costanzo is his usual quirky self, but like able as well. Reshma Shetty is charming as Hank's Professional Assistant Divya. Finally Jill Flint as Dr. Jill Casey the local hospital administrator who is beautiful and seems to have a great amount of intellect and savvy to go with her beauty.

I got a kick out of the various characters Hank dealt with in this initial episode and can see some really funny and serious situations surrounding a job of this kind. There is obviously no question of his capabilities in medicine my only question is how he will do with the locals in the long run.

Of the characters I especially likes Tucker and his girlfriend and the first girl Hank saved. It seems there might be a future with Jill and Hank, but it will be interesting to see what is going to be thrown at him figuratively and literally. Divya seems to have a little of a back story I am sure we will be learning about as the show goes on.

What a fun, bright, and enjoyable new show. I am really looking forward to watching this each week. Thanks for reading...