Royal Pains

USA (ended 2016)

TesserT

Royal Pains Fan Reviews (48)

• Dancing and singing

Royal Pains has been one of my favorite shows up until now. I can't imagine why they would add singing and dancing to this show. It's totally absurd and I don't know if I can watch it anymore. I guess I'll just have to fast forward through the singing and dancing!!!!!!!!
  • Dancing and Singing.

As usual, a job well done by all. Always glad to see Cloris Leachman. The women have such beautiful voices. Even Richie Rich's mother. Beautiful dancing. Great acting. Has been great watching the show since the first one. Lot's of smiling, from me. Fantastic as usual. As for the cars, it's Long Island where the rich are.
  • A great show to watch !

Job well done to the Cast & Crew !! I hope to see you around for some more HankMed !!
  • A Different Point of View

As many of you I too have watched the show since the beginning. However, I haven't dwelled on the cars driven or some of the other items mentioned. I have watched to see how the characters have developed and how they have moved on with their lives. Every community has their rich, their poor and the ones who are trying to make their life better. I wish in the real world that we had doctors like Hank and PA's like Divya. All the other characters have grown and matured, also. That aside I have enjoyed watching the show. Just like a good book we all know that this show too will come to an end. NOT TOO SOON THOUGH!! I always look forward to the new shows.

Keep up the good work!!
  • Car Commercial or Affluent Soap?

I have watched the program from the beginning and have seen the health of residents in the Hamptons deteriorate to the worse in the World. Now and for the second season the money changers have additionally irritated me with their nauseating integration of car commercials for the last time. Stats on a BMW X3 are just too much. They have gotten their money's worth and are killing off the program at the same time. This is one patient which "Hankmed" cannot save. Now there will be more room in my DVR
  • Poor portrayal of nurses

1.5
    Really disappointed that the writers/producers introduced a nursing character who is supposed to be the head of nursing in the hospital and then put her in scrubs with a sarcastic demeanor and a crusty personality. A Chief Nursing Officer in the real world generally will have and advanced degree ( perhaps even a doctorate) and is an executive who functions on the same level as a Chief Operating Officer, Chief Financial Officer, etc. Even a lower level nursing adminstrator or nurse manager will not be providing direct patient care. This is said from the perspective of a nurse of 34 years who holds a PhD in Nursing and is natioNally certified as an Advanced Nurse Executive.
  • They chose poorly

As someone who has watched this show since the beginning, I think USA should have kept Covert Affairs, and tied this one up. The show was great but has been slowing losing my interest over the last 2 seasons. Season 7 and 8 will only be 8 episodes each. They should have made season 7 the 16 episodes if needed. Split them up into summer and winter as USA seems to want to to. Then call Hankmed a career.
  • low tide in the Hamptons

I'm a sucker for the beauty of the Hamptons and that keeps me watching. Show has lost it's way and giving another showcase to the crude Kardashian circus was such a turn off- as in turn the channel.
  • the royal pain

love the show But hopefully hanks brother doesn't get stupid lines love the show but his stupid

lines

hope show stay on

• awesome show

I watch this show on Netflix and love it, in love the main actors and actresses that are playing on the show, please keep it on and show more good stuff....
  • Great Show!!!

I Love this show!!! But I bet ratings would have been better if they showed season 6 in Canada!!!
  • Royally Impressive!

One of the best things that ever happened to television ever is this show!! Each episode is more fun than the other and when you think what more or new could they possibly bring to the table, bamm! your'e proven wrong.

Never a dull moment, always fresh and cool, the characters are absolutely lovable. Not a thing that I would change about this AWESOME series. But I hope that they do bring the Newberg lady back, she was really sweet.
  • Keep it going!

I just started watching this on netflix. I was watching House because I am a huge fan of medical shows, but I stopped watching it because once I watched Royal Pains I was hooked! I really want them to create more shows! I love all 44 minutes!
  • Keep this keep making new

Man takes forever to get here. Love this show, hope they never cancel. One of the best shows ever. More more more. Finally something other than sitcoms and reality shows that are stupid. I watch TV almost 24 hours a day being disabled and takes a lot to entertain me. So the guy that said a half hour, really isn't a TV fan. Please keep this show!
  • This should be a half-hour show.

It's not bad, but it just doesn't hold my interest for the entire 44 minutes. The medical aspects are interesting, the comedy is funny when it's there, but it's overall lacking in comedy. The boring romances and soap-opera like problems about interpersonal relationships seem to dominate most of the show. It's not bad, but it's not very good, either.
  • What happened to Boris?

First you send Jill to Africa and now Boris gets killed? Yeah, not loving the new season of Royal Pains. What a shame since I've really invested a lot into it..... Oh well, buh bye!
  • What happened to Mrs. Newburg, Tucker and all the other cute recurring stars?

I am re-watching past seasons and noticed the more current seasons are missing some of the most fun characters, Tucker, his gf, Mrs. Newburg..

Still love the show and would love to see these characters return. I really hope they make Hank and Jill end up together in the very end they are perfect for each other.
  • great show and hope for more

please let us know when the show is coming back on line we can hardly love it and hope for lots more episodes
  • Bring back the plaid!

3.5
    We are very disappointed what you have done to "EVAN". He was such a geek with all his plaid clothes. We appreciated his wearing plaid shorts, or a plaid shirt, or plaid tie, or even a plaid hat. We would wait for the next episode just to see what he was going to wear next. Now you have changed him into a ordinary guy! There is no longer any excitement for the next episode.
  • It's good but not for me

In no stretch of the imagination is this the best tv show on USA. I like it but I think it needs more story if it wants to be up there with the rest. I like the characters all of them and there well played by the actors and actresses. But my problems start here it doesn't feel like a doctor show to me. Because I've seen house this is no House but they seem to cure the patients to quickly or the patients rarely go to the hospital. Keep in mind I have only been watching from the first season because I recorded it. But my friends seem to like it more. Some great things are the chemistry and the script. I think them building there company is interesting. But I wish instead of sharing building the company and being a doctor in the same episode they should have one as the main focus and the other in the back round slowly growing. I like the look of the show if that counts. But the comedy is only half there just kind of small giggles.
  • From Hero to Zero

This season (4) sucks. Royal Pains was one of my favourite shows. Howevere last season is completely dull and unreal. The show was full of fun but nobody is laughing anymore.

• Great Show

I think that Royal Pains is an amazing show. It has been a bit hard to wait for the show to resume again, but i am just glad its back on. This show is definitely one of my favourites
  • absolut super show

i just found out about this show ,and had a blast watching a full season in a go,so cool , i like the carcter of Boris mostly . ( when he speaks german, itsounds so funny :)

Looking forward to see much more Boris /Marissa and Boris/ Hank +szenes -and yes Henry (Hank) and Evan yes i agree they have a great chemistry on screen.

Cheers waiting for season 4 bring it on ( with lots of Boris Please:)!
  • new season #3

5 hr befor ROYAL PAINS start LOVE THE SHOW!!!!!!! TV guide and the preview on TV. all shows Jill is thinking about URUGUAY again,BULL DO-DO. this show runs on 4 actor & acresses . Divya , Evan , Hank , Jill. evan can have a love (wife) . davya can have boy frinds or love interest. but jill and hank are only for each other. Yes Hank had a SLUT he was banging when jill was gone for the winder ( URUGUAY) .you dont know about jill if she had a fling ( i hope not) Glades ended their season with Callie having to make a decision about her love or what she wanted to do with her life. Shepicked jim. things might change when they start up the new season. I have a lot of number 2 shows ( GLADES - HAWAII FIVE O - BODY OF PROOF - REVENGE - N.C.I.S. - N.C.I.S. LOS ANGELES ----ROYAL PAINS . bUT ONLY ONE #1 CASTLE . i dont want to give up royal pains but if you ( writers & directors ) screw with jill and hank GOOD BUY Tom
  • Uninteresting

I've stopped watching after the midseason finale of the second season (I think, stopped caring a while ago...). The characters were good enough, but among the things that killed my interest on the long run (beside the lack of a good over-arching story):

the setting, I find it quite boring, an environment full of rich people should make the show more appealing? didn't work on me. the setting-up of a concierge doctor business wasn't that engaging.

the romance mess, the thing with Jill was so bad I don't even know where to start.

So after many months I finally took the time to write this review, just to say enough.

• Mark Feuerstein(Hank) plays the doctor & Paulo Costanzo(Joey) plays his brother. Hank is always very likable & Joey is here to provide the comic relief,to which he does a good job.

Hank is great and we hope he and Jill will work things out. His Brother Joey is very annoying about the beginning of the season and you hope that they will get rid of him but buy the end of season one he has calmed down and starts to fit in. The duo has a good rapport right from the start. You totally buy them as brothers.

Its nice to see a different story line every week with a background continuing for the main characters. I really enjoyed this series and hope that it returns for a second season
  • A light-hearted mix of House and Burn Notice, with some MacGuyver thrown in for good measure.

After being blacklisted by the medical community in NYC, Dr. Hank Lawson is dumped by his fiancee. His brother pulls him from the ensuing depression by taking him to the Hamptons. As a reluctant party guest, Hank saves a beautiful young woman, and lands a new job -- as a concierge doctor to the rich. Despite uneven acting and occasionally off-the-wall premises, this show is addictive. Although the brother, Evan, has annoying tendencies, the fraternal chemistry with Hank provides some comedic verbal exchanges (although the dancing scene in the kitchen from the second episode made me cringe -- seems like it was envisioned to be funnier). His interactions with Divya, the physician's assistant, are a bit forced, but are likely laying the groundwork for an interesting relationship. Hank does a remarkable job of playing the bemused doctor -- he seems to have taken his predecessor's advice, and is not getting too comfortable in his new role. Undoubtedly, the best scenes consist of Hank and Tucker, a precocious teen-aged former client. I hope the show maintains its positive trend, and shakes off the 'new show smell.' Once the actors find their groove with each other, this could be a respectable anchor in the USA lineup.
  • Started out as a very decent show but the secondary story line is getting very annoying.

The show started out quick and funny but the main issue that for me is starting to arise is how much the writers are pushing the relationship plot line part. The relationship Hank has with the hospital administrator (House anyone?) is getting an annoying forth and back and with the added material of Charlie, the long lost ex, they even got more ammunition to turn this show in a full blown soap opera (Charlie even looks like he is from a soap opera).

Besides the nuance of the second story line, the show itself is actually fun to watch and enjoyable. I like the characters of the patients and how they build around it. I am also enjoying how Evan and Divia develop.

P.s. does the administrator never ever has to work? Isn't it a busy job?
  • An ER Dr. from New York gets fired for letting a rich person die instead of letting a poor person die.

Absolutely love this show and all of the characters. Think it is stupid that Hank gets fired, just because someone rich dies and he saves a young kid off the streets.Evan is supposed to be the comic relief so give him a break. Hopefully Divya can talk Raj into staying in the Hamptons so she can stay with HankMed.And i hope that Hank and Jill will get back together. Can't wait till next summer to see what happens next.Too bad we can't get the network to put it back on the air sooner. If more shows like this were on I would actually enjoy T.V.again.
  • I hope that the network will bring Royal Pains back for the 2009 fall and winter. My wife and I really enjoy the program. There is enough mystery around the characters to keep the viewer coming back for more.

I was very impressed with houses shown in the show. It is hard to beleive that people have enough money to afford them and the young people really know how to enjoy themselves. Every week there is another crisis in the life of the main characters and their unique personalities get more defined. All the characters in the show do an excellent job of bringing a unique flavor to the ensemble. I am sure that if the show was shown in the fall and winter the audiance would increase significantly to the summer showings. The writing has been very good so far and there is no limit to what they can create using their imaginations. I particulary like influence of the old show "McIver" where Dr Hank must use immagination and skill to help people.
< 1 2