Rubicon

A Good Day's Work

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Oct 03, 2010 on AMC

• Fantastic. They don't make them like this anymore.

Usually, Rubicon is partly an exercise in de-programming us all from the usual wham-bam show mentality and partly a striving for keeping us on the edge with the limited information we are given. In this episode, like in Sopranos or Mad Men, we were given a taste of the chaos and power with the attempt at Will's life.

What adds to the thriller and the shock is that Will is indeed just a regular human being, not a gangster or a macho businessman; processing the event is a lot harder.

Now wheels are in motion on all fronts; pieces are falling in place and we finally have a sentence describing the bad guys: companies using hard information to make money from cataclismic events.

I expect now that battle lines are drawn, we are in for an intense ride!
  • Ain't slow anymore!

Another great installment with the climax unleashed: Will's theory on the conspiracy is absolutely mind-blowing. It makes sense and Spangler shows a guilty side by arranging Will's death sentence. Surprisingly, Will escapes death and with Kale's help they can finally turn it all around on Spangler. For about 5 minutes there, I thought I was watching "Breaking Bad" (Donald = Mike, Will = Jesse or Walt) and this show does not disappoint in the end. Meanwhile, equally interesting is the search for Kateb. From something that started out as a simple task in the 2nd or 3rd episode, it has grown with each episode into a multi-faceted amazing second-storyline that manages to captivate me. I want them to find Kateb so badly, which is exactly what the show should do. And now that he's known to be in the U.S., surely it must link somehow to Spangler and his associates.

Looking forward to the last two episodes. Again another solid episode. I'm giving this a 10 because it kept me on my toes the whole hour rather than some of the early episodes. This episode had the quality of "Mad Men" and "Breaking Bad" others have compared it to.