Rubicon

AMC (ended 2010)

aldaros23

Rubicon Fan Reviews (12)

• I LIKE the fact that it's slow burning and barely touchable.

Most American audiences have been conditioned by CSI, X-Files, Fringe and similar shows to expect explosions, monsters, over-the-top creatures and events... Well, that just isn't my cup of tea. This is more like the cold war spy story, a secret, plodding, involved collection of hints leading to - who knows what - a cabal of international power holders? A group of men controlling the spikes of uprising in the world?
    The delicacy is in NOT knowing. In slow, painful clues being uncovered and solved, in rising paranoia and men in shadows...
    Now, to contrast my own words, the only thing that is not right here is the use of a well known TV element which keeps up the suspense but is painfully wrong - vagueness.
    For example, David leaves the code & the book before he dies, but after decoding it it says "They hide in plain sight". Oh, come on! If you're going to die and you want to be helpful to the next guy you should write "Person X bad, person Y killer. Seek person Z." But, I guess it's just one of those things shows can't do without.
    Anyhow, I say keep it up, keep it running and let's see what evolves...