Ruby Gloom Forums

YTV (ended 2008)

Ruby Gloom: The Movie

Lincoln124

[1]Dec 15, 2008
    • level: 3

I know YTV hasn't made an actual 80-120 minute full-length movie, but I just wanna know, what would the plot be for the movie? Any idea?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bltduffy

[2]Dec 16, 2008
    • level: 11
    What about a ruby gloom christmas carol?

Atomius1

[3]Dec 16, 2008
    • level: 16
    I dunno... i guess it would have to be a more epic movie type plot than in a regular episode... perhaps Skull Boy goes on a quest to find his ancestors that takes them around the world... or Gloomsville is threatened by a controversial development like in the Hey Arnold! movie...

Lincoln124

[4]Dec 22, 2008

Atomius1 wrote:
    I dunno... i guess it would have to be a more epic movie type plot than in a regular episode... perhaps Skull Boy goes on a quest to find his ancestors that takes them around the world... or Gloomsville is threatened by a controversial development like in the Hey Arnold! movie...

Yeah, I have seen Hey Arnold! The Movie. It was amazing.

Atomius1

[5]Dec 23, 2008
    yeah. hey Arnold! is one of my favorite cartoons

walkerdoug

[6]Dec 29, 2008
    • level: 23
    Well, I wouldn't want a Christmas themed movie, or a movie where the town was in danger. Like in The Simpson's or Hey Arnold or Doug's 1st movie, I believe. I like the sound of Atomius1 idea. Having someone go on a journey.

VioletzeWriter

[7]Jan 21, 2009
    • level: 4

If the musical special and Last Train to Gloomsville are anything to go by, we'd have new places but the same old RG nuttiness. No need to change a working pattern, after all. One could assume it'd lampoon (and lampshade) most of the events that happen in a cartoon's made-for-TV-movie. That, and no resolution for running gags. You know, those two running gags that kept me coming back. (Read: The romantic sub-plot and Skull Boy's origins.) Yeah.

As for what the plot would actually call for, I'd be willing to guess that it'd be spoofing Disney films in the most subtle manner possible. The plot being something along the line of Iris (yes, Iris) wanting something more but not being able to achieve that in Gloomsville. I doubt we'd get a song, thankfully, but we'd get to see how Iris interacts with people in the house besides Ruby and Misery. ^^ When Ruby advises her to look for the little things in life, we finally get to see Gloomsville. (I'm assuming, of course, that the city in the musical isn't Gloomsville). Several recurring characters later, Iris decides to pack up and leave her life in Gloomsville Manor behind, although she'd probably rush off and no one would actually hear her saying goodbye, because something or another has everyone busy. End act one with Iris leaving on Squig's back.

From there, who knows? This is a show that's pretty good for keeping on track, but it's not like it's digression-free, either. Anyways, if any of that was not comprehenible, I apologize. Typing this late at night should be against the rules when you're me.

Lincoln124

[8]Jan 22, 2009
    VioletzeWriter wrote:

If the musical special and Last Train to Gloomsville are anything to go by, we'd have new places but the same old RG nuttiness. No need to change a working pattern, after all. One could assume it'd lampoon (and lampshade) most of the events that happen in a cartoon's made-for-TV-movie. That, and no resolution for running gags. You know, those two running gags that kept me coming back. (Read: The romantic sub-plot and Skull Boy's origins.) Yeah.

As for what the plot would actually call for, I'd be willing to guess that it'd be spoofing Disney films in the most subtle manner possible. The plot being something along the line of Iris (yes, Iris) wanting something more but not being able to achieve that in Gloomsville. I doubt we'd get a song, thankfully, but we'd get to see how Iris interacts with people in the house besides Ruby and Misery. ^^ When Ruby advises her to look for the little things in life, we finally get to see Gloomsville. (I'm assuming, of course, that the city in the musical isn't Gloomsville). Several recurring characters later, Iris decides to pack up and leave her life in Gloomsville Manor behind, although she'd probably rush off and no one would actually hear her saying goodbye, because something or another has everyone busy. End act one with Iris leaving on Squig's back.

From there, who knows? This is a show that's pretty good for keeping on track, but it's not like it's digression-free, either. Anyways, if any of that was not comprehenible, I apologize. Typing this late at night should be against the rules when you're me.

Now you're spoofing Hair(less): The Musical. Skull Boy left the manor to find his roots in that episode! And I'm sick of telling you how'd I feel if Ruby REALLY left the manor. She planned a party instead. Was that plot about Ruby's friends thinking Ruby is moving out in Gloomer Rumor?

VioletzeWriter

[9]Mar 8, 2009

Ahhh, my mistake. I wasn't lying when I said late-night typing was bad for me. Now that I've been rightly humiliated, I think I'll go back to my little reviewer's hole and try and get a move on with some episode or another.

I'm not upset, not to worry. (Or do people do that? I'm a newbie to the world of forums...)

Lincoln124

[10]Mar 9, 2009
    People, people! I think the plot MUST be more epic! Not about life! Not around only one character! It should revolve around the whole gang. Maybe they go and save the planet from aliens, or maybe track down a business that may bring about the end of the universe as we know it, or will it?

Atomius1

[11]Mar 9, 2009
    Star Wars: Ruby Gloom Strikes Back

well if you want epic star wars is about as epic as you can get...

bltduffy

[12]Mar 14, 2009
    • level: 11
    Atomius1 wrote:
    Star Wars: Ruby Gloom Strikes Back

well if you want epic star wars is about as epic as you can get...
    ROFLMFAO.

TMMFangirl3000

[13]May 6, 2009
    Hmm...I once had this crazy idea where Scaredy and one of the other charecters (I think it was Iris) swap bodies and have to deal with living each others lives. One of my friends once wrote this fanfiction where they all get humanised, but that's all really.

Lincoln124

[14]May 19, 2009

TMMFangirl3000 wrote:
    Hmm...I once had this crazy idea where Scaredy and one of the other charecters (I think it was Iris) swap bodies and have to deal with living each others lives. One of my friends once wrote this fanfiction where they all get humanised, but that's all really.

Well, that's...somthing. But I think it's up to your friend anyway, TMMFangirl3000. But the plot should be epic. In fact, don't make it epic as Star Wars! According to my knowledge, the genres I should need for the film are...

Adventure (The whole gang travel through many obstacles to get to a base of the main antagonist.)

Horror (Scary stuff can be found in the film if possible, and could be those of Tim Burton's antics with his films i.e stop motion.)

Comedy (The film itself should also be funny as the series itself.)

Action (This includes fights with the main enemy.)

Drama (Mainly everything could be unpredictiable.)

Atomius1

[15]May 19, 2009
    hmm true. but ruby doesn't really make enemies... it's not in her character. i'd prefer a quest to a battle... as it's more in character. ruby is like phineas and arnold in that she isn't easily angered by things and is rational... i'd like to see her find something like i dunno buried treasure or something...

ZazaReykjavik

[16]Jun 29, 2009
    And in the end Skullboy kisses Ruby (something that should have happened a long time ago)

anbuagent12

[17]May 19, 2011
    • level: 1

Weird thing is, i actually have a minor script worked out. first of all, this takes place in the future, when Ruby and the group are around 16. Anyway, it opens on a train station with 2 guys in line, a fat bald one, and a semi-cool semi-nerd (if that makes sense) guy with a fedora and trench coat with an unusually large neck band, he has VERY pale skin, like Ruby pale, freckles all over his face and dirty blond hair. the fat one strikes up a conversation and ill script it from here

Man: taking the friday line huh?

Nerd/Cool guy: Yeah, gonna meet some... good friends

man: ahh, i always preferred my money over my friends

Nerd/cool guy: [stares in dissbeleif] im sorry, what was your name?

Jon: Jon, and yours?

Nerd/Cool guy:... i don't usually use my name, just call me V

Jon: For vendetta?

V: that movie has caused me so much grief...

Jon: So, where are you going?

V: a little town in southern Canada.

Jon: Canada? Why would anyone live there? Its all cold and there too manny maple trees

V: [gives a smile and a fang is showing] i did say southern Canada, and there not many living trees where im going.

Jon: [bored look] Well where ever your going, it cant be all that interesting.

V: You never know, might meet a werwolf, maybe a Gremlin or 2

Jon: Werwolves? ha! 'Bout as real as vampires

V: Yeah, but less scary

Jon: and why's that?

V: because, [looks straight into Jons eyes and V's turn into cat eyes but instead of yellow, its blood red] [shows fangs] they look normal until they need too.

[Jon is wide eyed and slowly backs away and this turns into a run out the door, knocking down many pedestrians on his way]

V: [looks normal again] he he he... always time to scare the ignorent

[V walks up to ticket counter and a typical 'student looking for summer job' girl is standing there]

Girl: Hello, how may i help you?

V: I'd like a one way train ticket

Girl: To where?

V: [his fangs show again in a small grin then a pause] To Gloomsville.

I havent written the rest but i have a kick butt title oppening

Its the canadian oppening but mildly extended, it shows the arms of a pale girl reaching for a book and during all of this, the opening credits are playing. She grabs the red book with Ruby's Heart and crossbones mark in black on the front. She sits down and a black cat comes up to rest on the arm of the chair. She opens the book and we see pictures of a few little events of the show, and even some that were not in the show, like a few B-Day party pictures, A picture of Skull Boy in front of some sort of robot/model/painting and one with Misery doing the whole 'taking my own picture' arm and theres a tidal wave behind her and she isn't aware of it but is still giving her cute little grin. Frank and Len at a gig with people cheering. Theres Scardey Bat in his hammock with a crumpet, Iris about to be shot out of a cannon with a pig that has a glider attached to it attached to her back. Poe Reading a book that has his face on it but shadowed in, DoomKitty just chilling like a boss. And a picture of Ruby Riding her bike. once she sees that she closes the book with a 'WHAP' making the cat jump and we pan up to the face of the girl. its Ruby but 10 years older still staring at the cover of the book. as she looks up, the camera zooms into her left eye and into the pupil where the title card is, with the sub tittle, The Gumdrops.

The story in a nut shell is, 20 minutes of V getting intergraded into the mansion, you know, petting Doom, getting surprised by Boo Boo and he turns around and accidentally hits him sending him flying, Telling Iris that pricker bushes hurt "But thats 1/6 of the fun!". Poe is emerged in his book, Scardey Bat is oddly fond of V, Frank and Len find out that he Sings really well and can play a bit of drums. Skull Boy is weary about him at first (The normal, jealous because he looks cool with his hat and may win over Ruby) but this is quickly put to rest when he fixes his robot which is supposed to be a moving coat rack by kicking it. It then tries to take V's hat he dose not let it go, and rips off the robots hand by accident, but Skull Boy fixes it... i just noticed i am scripting this, neat. Any way, He meets Misery and is proceeded to be struck by Lightning, but it just makes him go wide eyed and it leave a few scorch marks. He stares fondly at Misery and then, being brought back by a being hit in the face, noticed he was walking into a wall. He makes an excuse to leave. We see a little montage of him helping out and occasionally taking things into the back yard near the cliff. One day he forgot his manners and pules out an IV of blood and drinks it like a juice pouch. They stare at him in curiosity. He says, " Oh right, forgot to tell you, i'm a vampire... (more stares) what?" Len asks if he would drink there blood, but he says he wouldn't because of his neckless, he has a gold pendant of a heart with a few slashes in it and blood painted on it. Its the Bleeding Heart, it can curve the urges of vampires and protects them from a few rules, like must be invited and is only irritated by sun light. Either way, he is working in the back yard in the dead of night on a weird star gate esq. looking thing but only 6 ft tall. Then, out of nowhere, it sparks into life with a green swirl. A look of incredible joy is on his face. the portal starts to spark and the portal tuns into hot pink, and suddenly, V has a look of Terror on his face, he backs up a few steps and then starts to run to the house, he turns into a bat and flies up to the bell tower and rings the bell 13 times, everyone wakes up and he yells into the house "EVERYBODY OUT!" so when they feel the shaking, everyone gets out and then an explosion and the back of the Manor is toasted with some broken windows, but V was flung from the top and lands on Misery, they share a bit of a stare, but then he returns to his senses as they go into the back yard, we see the portal has been destroyed but the pink swirl is still there, but 5 times bigger. He explains to them he was experimenting on portals to go to... a special place, but it failed and he dose not know where the portal goes. So Iris runs on in, Ruby after her, Skull Boy after her, Scardey Bat follows him, Poe follows Scardey bat, Frank & Len follow behind Poe, Misery after them and after grabbing something from his bag, he goes in to. They more or less go into The Barbie Candy Land, all pink and sweet and they see what looks like a Blonde pink skin Misery skipping with apples falling into her hand and shackles attached to her feet.

Im tired so im gonna wrap it up.

There in a Nega universe know as the Gumdropps

The Nega Ruby is a gril named Gloomy who pretty much hates anything happy.

She folows them back to the regular world

She decides it was too grey and the people were to happy

V dose not like that so he kicks her into a tree

Shes pissed and Ruby is clutching her stomach

She says that they have 24 hours to prepare

V gets them ready for battle

Gives Ruby a sword (very clumsy with it) gives Iris a pair of Nun-chucks, gives SB 2 old fashioned pistols, Frank and Len get an Ax and Shield, Misery gets a staff with which she can direct the lightning, gives Poe, DoomKitty, and Scardey Bat a special drink that makes them grow.

He then explains that if something happens to someone in that world, it happens to them in this world, so thats why they couldn't really hurt anyone and vice versa

Gloomy dosent care though

SB dips everyones weapons in a special solution he made, which will trap them on the other side of the portal without harming them, but it only works on whatever it hits.

Ruby pulls over SB

(insert mushy love scene i'm to lazy to explain here)

Big battle

V gets blasted in the face with what looked like a meteor, created by Gloom

V is pretty badly hurt

She captures everyone else and is about to blast them when Ruby steps up

Gloomy stabs Ruby with Ruby's weapon, traping her in her world, and throws the sword back into the Gumdropps

Ruby sees one option, so she walks to the edge of the cliff, and jumps

V, still a broken mess, jumps down and grabs her.

He pulls out that device from earlier, the one he got from his back pack

Presses the button and Ruby and He are transported to a floating black void with little bubbles everywhere

He explains to Ruby that she is probably the most important person in Gloomsville

He shows what would happen if V didnt save her

Misery Married V but neither of them were ever really happy.

Poe never read anything

DoomKitty never left Ruby's bed

Iris only napped a lot

Frank and Len lost the will to rock

and SB lost his will to live, all he did was mutter about how Ruby must be around.

Ruby is shocked and says that he must take her back so she can beat her without being killed

before he takes her back, she Asks who he really is

He says that he is a traveler from another dimension, one a lot like Ruby's

She asks who's counter part he was.

He answered, SPOILERS

He took her back where she beat her by doing one thing. She Kicked her into to portal, flinched a great deal, and then threw her self into it, but the portal reacted adversely to the thing that couldnt travel through it, so it more or less puked out everything it could that wasn't trapped on the other side, which was Gloomy and Ruby's sword

She then stabbed Glooms back and the threat of the Gumdrops is over

-20 years later-

The aftermath was V stuck around in Ruby's dimension and got togeher with Misery, they are curently on Honeymoon in New Orleans/Haiti/Japan take your pick.

Poe never really changed all that much

Scardey Bat now travels with Iris because she is going everywhere to try out every bit of fun the world has and Scardey thinks this would help him with his fear of everything (it dose not)

Frank And Len now are famous all over north america, South America, England, and Australia.

Ruby and SB got married and decided to open a College in Gloomsville, SB teaches everything while Ruby Helps keep the place running

DoomKitty had an adverse reaction to the growth syrup and never shrunk below 5 ft, is now enjoying scaring dogs.

And it ends on Ruby putting a postcard from Iris and Scardey, a Shard of broken glass with the caption, "first mirror broken of our new home!" from Misery and V, and a picture of Doom with Ruby and SB riding on her back all in the book from the begining of the movie, Ruby shares 1 final kiss with SB and at that, the screen fades and the credits roll...

TOO LONG DIDNT READ!

Edited on 05/19/2011 9:38pm