Rude Dog and the Dweebs

CBS (ended 1990)

Rude Dog and the Dweebs Fan Reviews (3)

6.4
  • A late 80s, early 90s cartoon about a streetwise dog and his dog friends who live in a garage and run a delivery service.

I loved this show, it was one of my all time faves growing up and I still collect the merchandise the show was made to promote.
    It ran for only 26 episodes, each episode was 10 minutes long. Basically Rude Dog lived the easy life until he rescued 7 stray dogs (the Dweebs) from the dog catcher. He took them in and tried to teach them his ways, being streetwise and smart and he set up a delivery service in his garage. The Dweebs didn't tend to do much except Tweek who would help Rude Dog on his rounds. The bad guys were Herman and his dog Rott, they'd try to catch the Dweebs but would never have much luck of course. Rude Dog was their only fear.
    The animation wasn't exceptional but back then it rarely was, however the characters and adventures they had were memorable and their designs were fun. They often referred to the Dweebs as Dweebs, insinuating that they were different to regular dogs. I'm not really sure about this, maybe it was because they weren't very smart.
    This show really deserves a DVD release as it still has a following and I would recommend it to anyone who's interesting in seeing some of the best of the old 80s shows.
  • beste zeigen in der welt! (auber "purpurrotem Erscheinen" der twiztids).

Rude dog and the dweebs, wow. it has been a long time, last time I saw it was in mid-1995. I watched every episode, of course I had to rent them, but at least I could. now, I can\'t even find the any of the episodes for buy or rent anywhere \'xcept ebay, and thats only one episode. This is why it should really be considered to bring it back. They should also make things like rude dog and the dweebs toys or action figures. And more,different, styles of t-shirts, maybe even swimware, or watches, earings, necklaces, or maybe some kind of video game? Just a thought. Regardless, my favorite show. Oh, and Rob Paulsen had become my all-time favorite actor, when I saw this.
  • A good animated series.

This was a pretty good animated television series. As is normal with good television shows, this one did not last long enough. This is a show that I would suggest watching if you get the chance. Check the bargain bins at Wal-Mart, the online movies sites (Amazon.com and such) and all of the cable channels that run old shows. Nick at Nite and TV Land are great for theses kind of shows. They will even do a week long spot for shows that only had 6 or so episodes. Then you have your super stations. They run a bunch of old shows too. All in all a pretty good show that did not get a good enough chance. Sometimes it is a simple as the show it is up against. Look at Law & Order. It is one of the longest running shows on TV. They moved it to go up against Lost. After about 2 weeks of getting pounded in the ratings it was moved back to it's original time slot. Shows like this should be given more of an opportunity.