Rugrats Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2003)

the old rugrats are better than the new.

sgtpepper1985

[21]Aug 24, 2005
    • level: 14
    prince_zuko_fan wrote:
    Nick treats alot of their shows like crap

@#$% YEAH! I don't really watch Nick anymore since they don't call themselves Nickolodean anymore and all of the new cartoons (except for Fairly Odd Parents and some episodes of Sponge Bob Square Pants) really suck monkey poop.

I say get rid of the crap shows and bring back the oldies!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

blue_paratroopa

[22]Aug 31, 2005
    • level: 3
    Dil is nothing but a pointless pun. The old epiodes were great, becuase not only did they have cleaver fantasies, like the episode where Tommy and Chuckie wondered what it's like to be grown-ups, but they had true adventures, like the evil Mr. Fiend (BEST EPISODE EVER!!!). Now, we have "poopie" jokes and an episode all about toilets getting revenge on Chuckie for breaking it. And don't get me started on "All Grown Up!" Make the madness stop.

TAMKFan

[23]Sep 6, 2005
    • level: 10
    Wow I actually like the new Rugrats. After reading all these posts critizing it I can only say that the new Rugrats is truly underated.

ChuckDaFinsta

[24]Sep 12, 2005
    • level: 1
    TAMKFan wrote:
    Wow I actually like the new Rugrats. After reading all these posts critizing it I can only say that the new Rugrats is truly underated.

no...just no

CalicoCatz

[25]Sep 12, 2005
    I don't mind Kimi, but I can't stand Dil! It seems as if every cartoon these days has a family with two or more kids. As I was previously saying, some of the Kimi episodes are pretty good, while others are very bad. Here are some Kimi episodes I can't stand:

Quiet, Please
    Early Retirement
    The Big Sneeze
    Wash-Dry Story
    Adventure Squad
    Bow Wow Wedding Vows
    The Doctor Is In
    Murmer on the Ornery Express
    Club Fred

I like all of the other Kimi episodes.

Spongeyfan

[26]Sep 13, 2005
    • level: 28
    CalicoCatz wrote:
    I don't mind Kimi, but I can't stand Dil! It seems as if every cartoon these days has a family with two or more kids. As I was previously saying, some of the Kimi episodes are pretty good, while others are very bad. Here are some Kimi episodes I can't stand:

Quiet, Please
    Early Retirement
    The Big Sneeze
    Wash-Dry Story
    Adventure Squad
    Bow Wow Wedding Vows
    The Doctor Is In
    Club Fred

me too they rule i don't know why anyone seems to hate kimi she's awsome

chuckangie

[27]Sep 13, 2005
    • level: 5
    CalicoCatz wrote:

Quiet, Please
    Early Retirement
    The Big Sneeze
    Wash-Dry Story
    Adventure Squad
    Bow Wow Wedding Vows
    The Doctor Is In
    Club Fred

"Imagine That" was the only post-Kimi episode I liked. I can't believe you didn't mention "Cuddle Bunny" in your list. That was the most horrific episode in Rugrats history.

CalicoCatz

[28]Sep 13, 2005
    Actually, I didn't really mind "Cuddle Bunny" that much. However, I do mind "Journey to the Center of the Basement." I have seen that episode way too many times!

Stephen0684

[29]Oct 9, 2005
    • level: 8
    Folks to be honest, the classic episodes were much better then the new ones because the plots were better, the original cast was alive at the time, (I know I'm late but R.I.P David Doyle anyway, ) and the new ones just didn't seem to keep the fans entertained much.

One last thing on Doyle, while it has been 8 years since he died, the post Doyle Grandpa era episodes seemed to begain the downfall of the series.

chuckangie

[30]Oct 11, 2005
    • level: 5
    Stephen0684 wrote:
    Folks to be honest, the classic episodes were much better then the new ones because the plots were better, the original cast was alive at the time, (I know I'm late but R.I.P David Doyle anyway, ) and the new ones just didn't seem to keep the fans entertained much.

One last thing on Doyle, while it has been 8 years since he died, the post Doyle Grandpa era episodes seemed to begain the downfall of the series.

Again thats just part of it.

The Classic Rugrats had a huge demograph range that appeals to both kids and adults (usually moms and dads that watch the show with their kids). It was very much like "Peanuts Gang". The world seen through the eyes of children.

Now as Rugrats went on, they seem to have neglected that concept as their target demograph became younger and younger until they were being aired among shows that normally air in Nick Jr. That alienated the adults BUT ALSO turned away the kids who used to enjoy Rugrats but are older now.

Smudge1985

[31]Oct 28, 2005
    • level: 8
    chuckangie wrote:
    Stephen0684 wrote:

Again thats just part of it.

The Classic Rugrats had a huge demograph range that appeals to both kids and adults (usually moms and dads that watch the show with their kids). It was very much like "Peanuts Gang". The world seen through the eyes of children.

Now as Rugrats went on, they seem to have neglected that concept as their target demograph became younger and younger until they were being aired among shows that normally air in Nick Jr. That alienated the adults BUT ALSO turned away the kids who used to enjoy Rugrats but are older now.

Thats the most accurate way Ive ever seen anyone put it. One thing I have noticed in all cartoons, but especially the ones I grew up with, is that cartoons are no longer aimed at children of all ages, but specifically little kids. Most of the cartoons I watched when I was 5 or 6, I still enjoy the old episodes to this day, because they were aimed at all ages, and kids were still watching them well into their teens. Modern cartoons seem to neglect the 12 and up age group nowadays, and cartoons seem more 'babyish' than ever. Ive been watching the repeats of Rugrats for over 10 years now, and I still laugh at them as I did when I was 8! The new stuff just doesnt do it for me. I havent seen many new episodes, but the only one of the new generation that raised a smile was the one where they thought Dil was a watermelon! Classic Rugrats.

Magicalboy

[32]Oct 31, 2005
    • level: 28
    i like the old 1s better but i still like the new 1s

judog1

[33]Nov 1, 2005
    • level: 21
    I like the episode before kimmy.

Tweester

[34]Nov 1, 2005
    • level: 3
    I liked the Rugrats before Kimmy and Dil.

Dil just got in the way all the time.

koikitten

[35]Nov 4, 2005
    • level: 6
    CalicoCatz wrote:

Quiet, Please
    Early Retirement
    The Big Sneeze
    Wash-Dry Story
    Adventure Squad
    Bow Wow Wedding Vows
    The Doctor Is In
    Club Fred

I can't stand most of the new episodes with Kimi and Dil, but I like "Mumer on the Ornery Express" and "Club Fred."

They made a huge mistake with the West Side Story spoof. I don't know if they were just trying to appeal to older kids that had already seen it, but the actual "West Side Story" plot is not really suitable for the children under six that "Rugrats" appeals to nowadays.

"Club Fred" was one of the few new episodes that had the adults in sub-plots. I love the sub-plots... especially the one in "The Baby Vanishes" with the game and the reverse alphabetical order... it was very original.

schoolsucks2005

[36]Nov 6, 2005
    • level: 11
    Herodite777 wrote:
    I say kill Kimi...

and we can keep Dill. I like him.

I agree! Why does everyone diss Dil? I liked his episodes a lot! Yeah, you can kill Kimi, coz the episodes with her suck!

SageNinja0033

[37]Nov 14, 2005
    • level: 7
    I agree with most of the people here classic Rugrats before Dil and Kimi rock. The show jumped the shark after Dill and then stupid Kimi.

Although in all fairness to Dil his character is way more tolerable in All Grown Up than it is in Rugrats, because at least his charcter has a personality and isn't just a lump that doesn't do anything except get in the way of things.

jo_d_jo91

[38]Nov 20, 2005
    • level: 9
    This show jumped the shark with Kimmi, Kiera, and LuLu. What was up with LuLu anyway? Why did they have to make grandpa get married again?

fire_mouse_gurl

[39]Dec 2, 2005
    • level: 4
    Yeah, this stuff just gets pointless. I love Kimi and Dil as characters, but I will admit that the past episodes are much, much better.

witch482170

[40]Dec 21, 2005
    schoolsucks2005 wrote:
    Herodite777 wrote:
    I say kill Kimi...

and we can keep Dill. I like him.

I agree! Why does everyone diss Dil? I liked his episodes a lot! Yeah, you can kill Kimi, coz the episodes with her suck!
    Don't b that harsh i mean come on she isn't that bad