Rugrats Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2003)

the old rugrats are better than the new.

tvfanatic91

[41]Dec 21, 2005
    • level: 44
    witch482170 wrote:
    schoolsucks2005 wrote:
    Herodite777 wrote:
    I say kill Kimi...

and we can keep Dill. I like him.

I agree! Why does everyone diss Dil? I liked his episodes a lot! Yeah, you can kill Kimi, coz the episodes with her suck!
    Don't b that harsh i mean come on she isn't that bad

I didnt like her character that much but i looked forward to her coming in thew first couple eps. she was in. Then she would always try to do something dangerous and have to top tommy on the braveness scale.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dtf955

[42]Dec 22, 2005
    • level: 11
    They make a cute couple in the All Growed Up series. And in the fanfic some write.

However, having Chazz married did change the complexion of things, as did giving Tommy a baby brother.

The movie was a bit unrealistic, anyway, in Paris - not everyone would be able to go there so fast, etc.. So, this is what they should have done:

Have a finale where both come into the picture. It's okay to change character lives in a finale, since there's no more shows. Didi has been pregnant for months, while Chazza is courted by two women, in the last few episodes before the finale.

Then, in the finale, have Chazz marrying the right woman, with the bad one simply trying to thwart things, with Chuckie and Kimi trying to stop her, and Angelica involved a little, but mostly gettinga t Tommy. Tommy, meanwhle, is torn - he wants to be at the wedding for Chuckie and for his baby brother being born.

Angelica claims to have a way to clone Tommy so he can be in both places - thanks to a special mirror or something, but she'll only let him have it at a price, he would have to be her slave forever. Tommy is always wanting to be on the moral high ground, int hat he wants badly to be ther for his friend (who, along with Kimi, are not doing so well against the bad guy (er, gal.) And yet, he's planning to be eternally devoted to his baby brother. S, after agonizing (as only a baby can do), he agrees to Angelica's price.

Then, Didi and Stu break down on the way to the hospital, right in front of the church. Tommy thinks that was part of Angelica's plan, and is resigned to be her slave, but when she blurts that it wasn't, Tommy's off the hook as far as being Angelica's slave.

In the end, Chazz gets married at the same time Didi delivers Dil. The massive confusion turns into a happy ending, as Tommy is a big brother, Chazz has a new mommy, Kimi is his sister, and they all go riding off into the sunset.

Now that would have been a great finale, IMO. And then, you can still have them in the All Growed Up portion.

schoolsucks2005

[43]Dec 24, 2005
    • level: 11
    witch482170 wrote:
    schoolsucks2005 wrote:
    Herodite777 wrote:
    I say kill Kimi...

and we can keep Dill. I like him.

I agree! Why does everyone diss Dil? I liked his episodes a lot! Yeah, you can kill Kimi, coz the episodes with her suck!
    Don't b that harsh i mean come on she isn't that bad

ok, she isn't THAT bad, but she gets on my nervers a bit!

The killing thing was harsh, I know. Sorry about offending anyone before!

candyprincess

[44]Jun 29, 2006
    • level: 1
    I think the picture in the episodes with kimmie are better.

landbasered

[45]Jul 2, 2006
    • level: 15

you guys got it all wrong. however that ending was pretty cool.

you should have kirra and chazz get a divorce and get remarried right before all grown up. kimmi can come on occasion to look after dill as the original babies go on adventures.

nicktooner

[46]Jul 21, 2006
    • level: 5

Episodes 1 - 65: Awesome

65 - Dil: Good

Dil - Kimi: Bad

After Kimi: Horrible

oddandEdishott1

[47]Jul 22, 2006

knuckles_sonic8 wrote:
    I feel that they all are good and neither are btter than the other.

I agree.

oddandEdishott1

[48]Jul 22, 2006
    I like Kimi

Eggman24

[49]Jul 27, 2006
    This is a surprisingly complex issue on describing the downfall of the rugrats. I think the shows creators today are not shure of the inner workings of their own masterpiece. If they had they would not have made these mistakes. A few here have made a few points though that are especially interesting to me. One was the demographics the huge appeal was rugrats greatest victory, they tampered with that and made a BIG mistake. Evolution can be a wonderful thing I'm not as they say prejudice to change.

Second was a unintentional point made by another user about chuckey and his dad. The old rugrats had a melancholy tone to it that gave the show more profound meaning. Not every kid had a big family that had parents that were always together (including myself) this was a tribute to the sad times in life that many kids feel. You could see Chad struggling with his demons his own loneness but with his son they shared that feeling. This was a romantic quality that is now gone, there is no more of the strange sadness that radiated in the show. Sadness is a part of what kids feel, they shouldn't feel it alone. If the shurly new creators could ever lay eyes on this text I want them to dwell on it and let it sink in the meaning they robbed from this show.

This program is the result of a new era of complex cultural ideology that has touched everything including the show. The new wave of political correctness. And for all those that say **** like "it's a kids show for crying out loud" those are the people that ruined it. That's the attitude of not seeing kids as growing adults but dim witted animals. They forget really fundamentally we are all the same children and adults. Just think a about the point you official became an adult did it really happen? Was your childhood just a series of stupid thoughts? You had genuine feelings, you were a person then as you are today. Nick and the money grubing bastards that love to kill great shows needs to WAKE UP.

Sorry for the long winded rant, I have strong sentiments.
    Edited on 07/27/2006 5:10pm

WaxWind

[50]Jul 29, 2006
    • level: 8
    I couldn't say it better. I didn't like rugrats from the first episode, since they all looked like freaky monsters, and the plot wasn't really settled (they made a lot of confusions like talking like Chuckie's mom is alive). I started to like it in the middle of the second season. IMO, Dil was cute as an additional character. Adding Kimi and Kira, however, was a horribly wrong decision. I don't mind Lulu because she doesn't have a lot of parts in the show. I liked the idea of Chuckie having no mother or siblings, because it made his relationship with his dad more special and sweet. And I think that if Kira and Kimi would not be there, AGU would be a great show as well. Rugrats In Paris is my favorite rugrats movie, but Kimi are Kira are an annoying and unnecessary characters. Kimi is a terrible sister, too. Like the creators tried to make a female Tommy that is even braver and a better leader. Instead, they got a bossy annoying girl that think she owns the world.

TAMKFan

[51]Aug 21, 2006
    • level: 10
    oddandEdishott1 wrote:

knuckles_sonic8 wrote:
    I feel that they all are good and neither are btter than the other.

I agree.

I agree too. People are just too picky. I mean a REAL Rugrats fan wouldn't be turned down by a few additional characters. People need to understand that shows need to evolve sometime. It can't stay the same way forever.

avalanche45891

[52]Nov 8, 2006
    I Agree

TAMKFan

[53]Nov 8, 2006
    • level: 10
    With me or about the older episodes being better?

TvCHiCk3249

[54]Nov 20, 2006
    • level: 15
    Yeah the Rugrats was better before Dil came on...

Raven0526

[55]Nov 26, 2006
    • level: 3
    I agree.  The old episodes were WAY better.  

HeleN_Corr

[56]Nov 26, 2006
    fire_mouse_gurl wrote:
    Yeah, this stuff just gets pointless. I love Kimi and Dil as characters, but I will admit that the past episodes are much, much better.

I agree

talonmalon333

[57]Nov 29, 2006
    • level: 27
    Original Episodes:   Awsome

Episodes with Dil:   Bad

Episodes with Dil and Kimmy:   HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FireNationMai2

[58]Nov 30, 2006
    • level: 3
    systemax2 wrote:
    yeah it sucked when Kimmy came, I liked the ones with Dil though, those didn't bother me.

Right! Kimi made the show jump the shark, be cruddy, and downgrade the plots. Dil, howeverf, wasn't as bad as the 25 pound menace named Kimi.

JIH1984

[59]Dec 1, 2006
    I agree!  I think that Dil was a decent addition, but Kimmy wasn't necessary.  The first episodes were definitely better than the newer ones.  Even the the first movie was great while the second was okay.

im_the_lick

[60]Jan 3, 2007
    • level: 6

i like the new ones, but the old ones are still pretty good