Rugrats Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2003)

the old rugrats are better than the new.

TAMKFan

[61]Jan 9, 2007
    • level: 10
    Wow, am I in the minority here or what?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

WWinnieF

[62]Jan 12, 2010
    • level: 20
    TAMKFan wrote:
    oddandEdishott1 wrote:

knuckles_sonic8 wrote:
    I feel that they all are good and neither are btter than the other.

I agree.

I agree too. People are just too picky. I mean a REAL Rugrats fan wouldn't be turned down by a few additional characters. People need to understand that shows need to evolve sometime. It can't stay the same way forever.
    Change can be good, but in this case, it ruined the dynamics of the show. Chas and Chuckie had a special bond with the notion that Melinda was not coming back, only to have Kira and Kimi waltz in and fix everything. With Dil, things were even worse, because now, with having to take care of his malfunction of a brother (who did nothing but make "poop" jokes, to cave to the youth of today who find such degarding tripe humorous), Tommy couldn't take the gang out on adventures, forcing newcomer Kimi (who was nowhere near Tommy's level of expertise when it came time to adventure-making) to try and essentially take Tommy's place, which lead to the downfall of the original series, even prior to them all aging 10 years.

loey12886

[63]Apr 7, 2010
    • level: 10
    maggiemay100 wrote:
    I think the rugrats were better a long time ago becuase they had good original plots. It seems the babys actually had adventures now they make believe adventures.I think it got boring when they brought dil in and a whole lot worse when they brought in kimmy.

the old rugrats were better because that's the rugrats we grew up with, I like Dil and Kimi, but I like them more then their older, older Kimi is a lot like me

but yeah the old rugrats were awesome, the new it just good

Raccoon1459

[64]Apr 8, 2010
    • level: 22
    The old episodes were better, but I still enjoy the newer episodes.

Nicktoons2

[65]Apr 15, 2010
    • level: 7

I like the old and the new rugrats.But when Kimi came into the show I she was only good a little.But if it was dil vs. Kimi Dil will win. Both of the old and new are great with me. Tommy is better in the new rugrats than the old.Thats my opinion.

WWinnieF

[66]Apr 16, 2010

Nicktoons2 wrote:

But if it was dil vs. Kimi Dil will win.

Seriously? That's laughable. At least Kimi had a personality, for even though he existed before Kimi, Dil was just there to be a hinderance for Tommy and make "poop" jokes. Dil didn't GET a personality until the gang aged 10 years.

Edited on 04/16/2010 10:28am

RugratsFan1990

[67]May 26, 2010
    • level: 3

I actually enjoy all the seasons of Rugrats. I didn't mind Dil or Kimi at all.

The only time I ever felt the Rugrats went downhill in any way was when All Grown Up came out.

WWinnieF

[68]Jun 20, 2010
    RugratsFan1990 wrote:

I actually enjoy all the seasons of Rugrats. I didn't mind Dil or Kimi at all.

The only time I ever felt the Rugrats went downhill in any way was when All Grown Up came out.

Considering your username of choice, that's a given. XD

Nicktoons2

[69]Jan 5, 2011
    • level: 7

WWinnieF wrote:

Nicktoons2 wrote:

Seriously? That's laughable. At least Kimi had a personality, for even though he existed before Kimi, Dil was just there to be a hinderance for Tommy and make "poop" jokes. Dil didn't GET a personality until the gang aged 10 years.

Ha laughable that must be crazy.kimi and dil are part of the newest rugrats.the show was supossed to only be 4 rugrats but they made 6.

WWinnieF

[70]Jan 7, 2011

Nicktoons2 wrote:

WWinnieF wrote:

Nicktoons2 wrote:

Ha laughable that must be crazy.kimi and dil are part of the newest rugrats.the show was supossed to only be 4 rugrats but they made 6.

No. They were supposed to make 4--with Phil & Lil counting as one, because they're twins, albeit fraternal twins--but made twice that, with Angelica, Susie, and Harold as older toddlers, Chuckie as the 2 year old middle man, Kimi and Tommy and the twins at age 1, and Dil at only a few months.

I mean, I know we've said Kimi was a female Tommy--unfortunately, she lacked experience, which made her adventures boring--and Dil was a "poop" joke factory who didn't get a personality until he became the oddball he would become in AGU, but we know so little of the newest newcomer, the chubby redhead known as Harold Berman, that his primary identifiable traits would be a fondness towards Angelica (he is her "Johnathan", as it were, but is far more loyal than the real deal is to Charlotte, Angelica's mother) and a leap of faith bording on the niaeve.

In fact, Harold would be so new that nearly everyone would forget that he existed, since he first appeared in the "day in the limelight" episodes of the series that were to be the Pre-School Daze spin-off (which were, in themselves forgotten, as there were only 4 of them released) and was seen even less in AGU.

Heck, Angelica's hung out with ex-rival Susie and the former "dumb babies" (including Chuckie, whom it seems she still torments the most and even is seen more often with than the rest [see the flashback sequence in the "pet project" episode, with none of the others in sight, including sister Kimi for Chuck and cousin Tommy for Angie]) than she ever did with Harold throughout the pudgy lad's breif existence.

Edited on 01/07/2011 4:57pm
    Edited 4 total times.

knjones309

[71]Jan 22, 2011
    • level: 1

I loved the Rugrats it was one of my all time favorite shows growing up and im almost 21 and yea if you have netfilx you can watch the original seasons on it,but i also loved watching it on tv i also thought that the movies were good,but kimi and Dill didnt need to happen and think that if they do bring it back they shouldnt have it on so early in the mornings for those now grown ups and or just in college and they have school or work to go to, PS. All Grown up wasnt that good to me that didnt need to happen at all

WWinnieF

[72]Jan 23, 2011
    knjones309 wrote:

I loved the Rugrats it was one of my all time favorite shows growing up and im almost 21 and yea if you have netfilx you can watch the original seasons on it,but i also loved watching it on tv i also thought that the movies were good,but kimi and Dill didnt need to happen and think that if they do bring it back they shouldnt have it on so early in the mornings for those now grown ups and or just in college and they have school or work to go to, PS. All Grown up wasnt that good to me that didnt need to happen at all

Well, it is to be noted that it was Angelica's mean-ness that made the show a success (since she served as the series' primary antagonist), yet it was also that same mean-ness that nearly ended the show outright, since Arlene Klasky thought that in the early seasons, Angelica was too mean, hence why her brattiness was then exposed as neediness and why she eventually became nicer, thereby basically ridding Susie of her purpose as a foil/rival.

moviefan1995

[73]May 23, 2012
    • level: 2
    I think the older episodes were alot better obviously, but that's because they first started and they were full of creative ideas and Paul Germain was on the show. I do think that the newer episodes were good for what they were, but people only say they're bad because they're comparing them to the older ones.

WWinnieF

[74]Jan 5, 2014
    moviefan1995 wrote:
    I think the older episodes were alot better obviously, but that's because they first started and they were full of creative ideas and Paul Germain was on the show. I do think that the newer episodes were good for what they were, but people only say they're bad because they're comparing them to the older ones.
    And they will do that, because it's still the same series in the end. I'm not saying that the new episodes are completely bad, but I do feel that the older episodes had a special something the new didn't have.

CronoAeon

[75]Jan 19, 2014
    • level: 2
    I agree. I also think they should've just left the show the way it was when it was on hiatus. Plus, the show (at least in my opinion) looked better with the gravely picture quality. It really did fit the show. One reason why I cannot watch the newer episodes (circa 1998 - 2003) is because the show looks awful with the picture quality enhanced. But, then again, this is just my opinion.