Rugrats Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2004)

The Worst Mistake Nickelodeon Made

What Ws The The Worst Mistake Nickelodeon Made?

Nicktoons2

[1]Feb 10, 2012
    • level: 7

As of February 20th, 2012 Spongebob will be the longest Nicktoon ever knocking Rugrats to second and soon The Fairly Odd Parents Will make Rugrats Third

Edited on 02/10/2012 5:19pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

OhioChic

[2]Mar 11, 2012
    • level: 16
    I can deal with that. The Rugrats were a legend among Nickelodeon, but Spongebob deserves that credit too. It was a good show for many years and definitely not one of the crappy 'toons that needed to be canned and forgotten (which is the case for a lot of other shows that came out around SB's time)

I can even deal with The Fairly Oddparents becoming a long running show.

Nicktoons2

[3]Apr 6, 2012

Yah but this was delayed to the this week when there are new episodes for 2 weeks.

WWinnieF

[4]Jan 5, 2014
    • level: 20
    OhioChic wrote:
    I can deal with that. The Rugrats were a legend among Nickelodeon, but Spongebob deserves that credit too. It was a good show for many years and definitely not one of the crappy 'toons that needed to be canned and forgotten (which is the case for a lot of other shows that came out around SB's time)
    Actually, the episodes post-movie suck. But that's just my two cents. The characters became meaner (Krabs), stupider (Patrick), and more annoying (Spongebob), whilst the sane characters (Squidward and Sandy) become the butt monkeys or are regressed to background status. At least throughout its run, Rugrats kept its heart, wit, and charm.

Nicktoons2

[5]Apr 22, 2014
    WWinnieF wrote:
    OhioChic wrote:
    Actually, the episodes post-movie suck. But that's just my two cents. The characters became meaner (Krabs), stupider (Patrick), and more annoying (Spongebob), whilst the sane characters (Squidward and Sandy) become the butt monkeys or are regressed to background status. At least throughout its run, Rugrats kept its heart, wit, and charm.

Sponge bob lost its charm when new season 5 began. It should of ended after the movie. The creator was going to, but i guess nick wanted more. He became an executive producer in the series. -The only good episodes from the series was seasons 1-4 and the movie in my opinion.