Rugrats

Nickelodeon (ended 2004)

CyberCartoon

Rugrats Fan Reviews (297)

• Best Show Ever

Tommy is great

Chuckie is cute

Phil and lil are amazing

Susie is smart

Kimi is cute

Dilg is very cute

But angelica, well screw her

I giving this show an 100%, A+, 5/5 stars, 10/10 stars
  • Best show ever

Love it
  • One Of The Original Animated Nickelodeon Shows That I Consider A Classic

Rugrats is what I consider one of the most innocent & charming animated shows Nickelodeon has ever made, and I think it is a great show for kids of any age. The show is about toddlers, it may sound like nothing, but it is really a lot more than that. Some of the toddlers include: Tommy, the leader of the group of toddlers. Chuckie, a very sensitive toddler. Phillip & Lillian, who are both twins. Dil, who is the baby of the group. And the oldest but best of the group, the creepy Angelica. What fascinates me about this show are all the angles this show takes with each episode. The best angles I think mainly come from Chuckie & especially Angelica, who are some of the great characters of this show. Their perspectives on everything about the large world around them is very amusing & interesting to watch. Tommy also has some funny perspectives over the world, but he doesn't have as great of a personality as the other two. The twins are some of my least favorite, but they are not that bad of characters as you can see some of the differences between the two. Some of the adults I honestly laughed at, and they had some good personalities. Such as Grandpa Lou, who is the likeable & lazy grandpa. Another great adult character is Chas, the father of Chuckie, who reminds me of Ned Flanders from "The Simpsons" except a bit more sensitive. The animation of this show does seem a bit dated, but that's forgivable as it was animated in the early 90s. The music in the show is not bad, it does sound a bit silly though, but it works well. Overall: Rugrats is a classic Nickelodeon show that people may be turned off by because it is about toddlers, but it's a great one as it has some great toddler characters, it shows perspective with the toddler characters, some adults are really memorable, & it's very charming.

3.5/4 Stars
  • Ripoff of The Simpsons.

Before I begin this is my opinion and isn't meant to come as any offence to those who disagree with me. I only started watching Rugrats when I was 3, and let me say, I hated it. It's a terrible show; there was 1 time I saw Lil take something out of her belly button and then she ate it. EWWWWWWW! This show is absolutely offensive to the people of Springfield. It really should have aired on Nick Jr. because it is for babies and I also considered it a big Simpsons ripoff!! Another thing that I hate about Rugrats is the like of humor they have in this series. For one thing, the only time it tries to be funny is when they use potty humor. And any other times they try to make a joke, they fail at making me laugh. Another thing that I hate the animation. I perfectly understand that this show was made in the 90's, and it's not the low quality of the colors I hate, it's more of the way it was all drawn. In my opinion, the animators and all of the drawers or whatever they're called cannot draw well at all! This is like it swept too much of the plot that The SImpsons has. I think the only reason people love it so much is because it's a "classic" show and it may bring back memories. I think that if it were airing tonight, I don't think as much people would like it. Because like me, more likely than not, they would complain about how horrible this show is. And maybe if I had grown up with the show, maybe I would love it for the memories. But since I didn't, I don't like this show at all. Watch The Simpsons instead of this.
  • Good classic.

I adored this show as a toddler/kid, and I grew up with it, and I sure do miss it. The Rugrats Movie was decent, and Rugrats in Paris was even better and very enjoyable, but after these two movies when they added the new characters Dil, Kimi and Kira, the show went downhill. But the early Rugrats era (seasons 1-3 especially) were brilliant and very funny, the movies are good too, even if the show lost it's edge after them!
  • Great series!!

Best Nickelodeon show ever!!
  • The nostalgia, it burns!

I remember seeing this when German TV used to air shows like this. Funny enough I did not know that Tara Strong was in the show too. Some Rugrats movies followed, but sadly they did not do well. Go Watch this if you love old school animation.
  • Rugrats is the best show I have ever seen I like seasons 5-9

I love Rugrats so much that I wish the reruns return on Nickelodeon and Nicktoons
  • Good `ol cartoon in Nicks prime

Really a good 90`s cartoon to watch. It has a lot of funny refrences and moments and I think that it was one of Nicks best cartoons before it ended and Nick started going downhill.
  • Top Shows - Age of 90s Nick Cartoons - Pretty much what got me into TV

Most to all ep (94-13)
  • Oh how this affected cartoon history.

This was probably one of Nickelodeon top grossing popular shows of all time. Nick made so much popularity off of this show, it was a hit! Its nostalgic, its a history changing cartoon and one that will never be forgotten.
  • Probably the best show from the 90's

So it's basically about a group of babies that go on adventures. Rugrats has been around for 22 years and was a huge sucsses for Nickelodeon. I kinda think it went downhill when they added Kimi to the series, it's cancellation was actually pretty necessary, but it is still a pretty enjoyable cartoon.

Good stuff:

Good show for Nickelodeon.

Very unique character art and design.

Original plot.

Good setting and premise.

Bad stuff:

The 2003-present episodes are weak compared to the 1991-2002 episodes.

All Grown Up wasn't really necessary.

The only thing I didn't like was the disgusting moments and potty humor.

Can't be seen on TV anymore.

Anways yeah , Rugrats is a cool, entertaining Nick classic, go check it out if you love watching cartoons.

Peace
  • Overrated

Crammed with potty humor (especially in the later seasons), unnecessary addition of lame, forgettable characters (Dil, the Watanabes, Taffy) and overwhelmingly repetitive plots (seriously, how many times do we have to watch these babies "imagine an adventure" or completely fuck up a supermarket or some shit?). The earlier seasons were by far the best of the series and it only went downhill from there.

It was cool when I was little and I still watch it some time for the nostalgia, but I usually can't get past 10 minutes of an episode. Talk about BORING!
  • Good but went down the drain after Season 3, and bad episodes until its cancellation in 2004.

Rugrats was excellent. Amazing episodes throughout Seasons 1-3, Season 4 however was a minor slump, but then Season 5 aired, and the minor slump became a huge slump. Then Season 6 nearly made me quit Rugrats, and Season 7 was a little improvement, and I still disliked it, and Seasons 8 and 9 are horrible, glad it ended. 2004 was the beginning of the downfall for Nickelodeon, 2005 was even worse, and eventually in 2008 even Spongebob went downhill. Please do not watch Nickelodeon! And do not watch any episodes after Season 3 and the movie. However I do recommend Season 4 a bit but not a lot. And avoid some of Season 4 and the rest.
  • I liked this show, but I now enjoy All Grown Up!

I'm slowly getting out of Rugrats. Maybe because All Grown Up is more my age, I'm sure some will agree. Rugrats was my favourite show for ages, now joint with All Grown Up. I much enjoy watching All Grown Up on the internet more than Rugrats on TV though, as Rugrats comes on so much now.
  • For Little Kids Only

I don't understand how there are teenagers and adults who enjoy this show. The Rugrats is just basically a show filled with bathroom humor that only children will feel is amazing. Especially in the later episodes, and in the Tales from the Crib specials. The jokes are stupid, the musical score sounds like a kid's compilation of nursery rhymes, and the toddler characters are annoying, especially Angelica (the original cartoon brat similar to XJ9 from MLAATR and Candace from Phineas and Ferb), and Phil and Lil (the twins). This show really should've been on Nick Jr, not Nickelodeon. I enjoy Rocko's Modern Life & Ren and Stimpy more.
  • my sister loved this show and she still does

my sister loved this cartoon as a kid. Her favorite character was Angelica. she was the meanest. she said this show brought back childhood memories and she's right. It does bring back a lot of memories.
  • One of the best Nickelodeon cartoons.

This is one of the BEST CARTOONS, NICKELODEON HAVE EVER AIRED!
  • cool!

cool!

• Rugrats was nick's best show! :D

I used to watch Rugrats when I was younger. I really enjoyed the show and watched it almost every day. After Rugrats finished and all grown up started I lost interest in the show. I also used to play the Rugrats games for my play station one. My favourite character is Tommy Pickles he is the fearless leader and a great friend to Chuckie. The movies that were made were also pretty good and I bought the videos for them! My favourite episode is when there locked inside the toy store as it is funny and no matter how many times you watch it you can watch it again.
  • My childhood right here

I've been watching this show since as far back as I can remember, which was 1999. It was a great show. I still kinda like it.
  • 1st review! Childhood Happiness.

This is my first review and I wanted it to be on the show that meant a lot to me as a child. Rugrats is a show that follows the adventures of a group of babies through their point of view on the world. This was one of Nick's best shows and probably my favorite Nick show.
  • Best nickeloden show ever!

/\ Nuff said! /\ I I I I /\ /\ /\ /\
  • One of my favorite cartoons of my childhood.

GREAT!! But started getting too much with all the movies etc.
  • Great show prevents staying on air

I love this show alot but it makes me sad that i dont get to watch it much but this is one of my favorite show.
  • 14 years.......OF THIS TRASH!?

Where to start............people in the 90's must have either REALLY BAD taste in cartoons or there was nothing better on TV (which is NOT true). A show about talking babies, cute........until they start talking! I mean come on, a group of babies that go on these crazy and often dangerous "adventures" and the adults are all too stupid to even have a clue of what is going on? No, it just doesn't happen. If Tommy is so smart and resourceful why doesn't he just go to military school? And Chucky......... he needed help. But not as much as Phil and Lil, if these two were real, they would have died for all the unsanitary things they did. And Angelica...... she was not only the meanest cartoon ever (who can hate babies, for no reason!?) but she needed a good spanking as well, but of course she never got one (and unfortunately there are people like that in the real world). And Suzie, the obligatory black girl, needed more air time. When I was young I just cringed when I heard the theme song, now I have "All grown up" to cringe to. This show had it lucky, 14 years of THIS?!
  • I Loved it when I Was Little!

I loved it when I was like 5 or 4. It was maybe my fave show! I thought all the babies were cute! I still kinda like it and I'm like way older now.

How cute there are talking toddlers/ babies! LOVE IT!When I found out they canceled it, it made me pretty sad because it was a pretty good show from the 90's threw early 2000's. It was creative when it came to cute talking babies, some pretty good jokes and such.

As I'm writing this I am watching the rugrats in paris so it made me thing of this.

My least fave character is Angelica. What a brat! >:-P but she makes it a little bit better of a show. I love i still!
  • This was probably my first Nick show and my childhood.

Rugrats was one of the first Nick shows I ever saw as a little kid, if Nick jr. doesn't count. I loved watching the babies on their adventures. This show was one of my faves on Nick as a little kid next to Doug and KaBlam!, among others.

The show is very creative. Talking babies? I never saw that one before. They added in bathroom jokes for the little kids, sly in-jokes for the older kids (watch the episode "Naked Tommy", it's ripe full of these), and pop culture references for the adults. The parents of the kids were funny as well. I've been watching the show for this long, and I STILL don't know what my favorite episode is.

The Rugrats Movie (1998) was a really good movie. I remember getting really excited when the previews came on TV. I didn't see it at the movies (my mom thought I was too young to go to the movies (I was two)), but we got the video as soon as it came out. I did see Rugrats in Paris (2000) in the theaters, and while not as good as the original movie, it still brought a tear to my eye when you learn more about Chuckie's mom. We got the video as soon as it came out. We missed Rugrats Go Wild (2003) in the theaters, but we got the DVD as soon as it came out.

To me, Rugrats wasn't as good once Kimi entered the show. It was dumbed down and made incredibly little kiddish, which I hated. All Grown Up, their spin-off, was terrible.

10/10. This isn't a Nicktoon. This is THE Nicktoon.
  • I loved this show.

Rugrats was one of my favorite cartoons when I was younger. I used to watch it everyday. Rugrats was such a fun and cute show. It is a shame that it is not on anymore. Rugrats is a cartoon about some babies and how they see everything in the world. I liked the Rugrats movies they had too. My favorite character is Tommy and my least favorite is Angelica. Chuckie got a little annoying sometimes too. I wish they still aired this show, it is much better than some of the cartoons that air on Nickleodeon now. Rugrats is a classic.
  • A decent show that went on way past it's prime.

Ah, I used to love this show as a kid, though now I can't help but realise it had stayed on air for too long. "The Rugrats Movie" was okay but the character of Dill was unneeded and served to be an annoyance. "Rugrats in Paris" was an improvement over "The Rugrats Movie" and is a great family film but the characters of Kimi and Kira were much unneeded. The fact that Chuckie's dad is now no longer single basically kills what was once interesting about his character. So yes, as soon as Dill was introduced the show did start to go downhill, though they made the right choice by eventually ending it. Unfortunately they made a spin off show called "All Grown Up". It was awful.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10