Rules of Engagement Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

How long until ROE gets the axe (to put it bluntly)?

rcastudios

[21]Feb 16, 2007
    • level: 11
    maaarin wrote:
    ROE is just like a copy of Til death (which is also very bad), only with David Spade as an additional character... It's not funny at all... And seeing these ratings makes me wanna barf
    Seriously, it is not funny! Renew The Class, cancel ROE - that's the right thing to do...

I don't know how anyone could find this show unfunny, but each to their own!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

minimax34

[22]Feb 16, 2007
    • level: 58
    13 Millions viewers? This show will last even if the actors were to be replaced by robots. The networks are working with ratings, not people feelings.

sitcomfreak

[23]Feb 19, 2007
    • level: 18

how true regarding the robots.  it's solely based on TAAHM it's not a hit without it's lead-in.  for the week of feb 5.-feb. 11 it came in at #16 for the week.  i wanted to barf just *like someone else said b/c idk if old christine ever came in in the top 20 during it's first season.  it's pilot may have b/c it had more viewers than this pilot did.  however, i dnt see ANY depth or any chance at depthy for story and character.  they are all stereotypical.  they are not the kind of characters you want to see happy. ..not that u want to see them miserable but they're not the type of characters that i root for like (roseanne, friends, will & grace), those sitcoms had depth to their characters and stories not every episode was about dating and sex.  and so far, both episodes of ROE have been and tonight (the 3rd episode) will be too.

. . .boring.  anybody who likes this show needs to look at the classics and see just how much more depth and strength they had.

danigro89

[24]Feb 23, 2007
    • level: 37

minimax34 wrote:
    13 Millions viewers? This show will last even if the actors were to be replaced by robots. The networks are working with ratings, not people feelings.

CBS knows the ratings will be around that number for any show following Two and a Half Men.  Like Out of Practice, Courting Alex and TNAOOC. Basically now CBS will look at how the show does in the next few weeks along with whether or not the show will fit in good next year.

racefan3883

[25]Feb 24, 2007
    • level: 1
    I think this show is funny as hell. I don't watch Two and a Half Men, even though my dad does. I think David Spade is OK, sometimes he's funny, sometimes he's annoying, but he can be lived with. Oliver Hudson does the whole "oh-my-God-i'm-so-scared-my-fiancee-will-kick-my-ass-if-i-don't-do-what-she-says" act, which can be aggrivating at times. But the funniest actor on this show is far and away Patrick Warburton. His sarcasm and wisecracks are priceless. Don't know if it'll be a classic, but I definitely think this show is a keeper, at least for another season or 2.
    Edited on 02/24/2007 8:12am

danigro89

[26]Feb 24, 2007
    This show has been consistent in the ratings for the most part. The first episode got 15.6 million viewers, the second got 13.7, and the third got 14.8.

XandraSkye

[27]Feb 27, 2007
    • level: 8
    I like this show but I can't see it lasting. There is just something about it that doesn't totally click but I can't put my finger on what it is.

I love "The Class" and I'm crossing my fingers it does get renewed for a 2nd season.

The problem that CBS has right now is that they only have Monday night for their comedies. Unless Jericho does a nose dive in the 2nd part of the season I think it will return next season so there won't be any comedies on Wednesday night and NCIS is still a hit on Tuesdays.

Now, what they could do is air a sitcom in the 8:00pm time slot on Thursday night during the weeks that Survivor is not on but I don't really see CBS doing that either.

danigro89

[28]Feb 27, 2007
    CBS probably won't bring back comedies to wednesdays after the failures of Yes, Dear, Still Standing, Out of Practice and Courting Alex in those slots. Jericho will probably stay consistent with its ratings and as for The Class, renewal is highly doubtful at this point. I think CBS will only stay with comedies on Monday b/c I can't see them putting sitcoms anywhere else.

Svetlana73

[29]Feb 27, 2007
    • level: 6
    This show is so predictable!  I saw every joke coming.  I like most of the actors, but the scripts are tired and unfunny.  When will we get a new, original sitcom???

danigro89

[30]Feb 27, 2007
    I don't know, I seem to like it. With 3 sitcoms most likely to return and KOQ to end, CBS will probably stick with ROE.

kravitzfan12

[32]May 6, 2008
    • level: 34

Unfortunately, I have been in a very sticky situation with this show. I watched the entire first season (mainly because of Patrick Warburton) and did find it mildy funny.

Then came this season, and problems with Old Christine came around. I am one of the biggest fans and forum board contributers to Old Christine around. So now when sources say that either Rules or Christine will be around next year, but definitely not both, I really kicked into "save Christine" mode and completely boy-cotted this show.

In regards to the question, though, I think this show will be gone by the end of this season. I'm not thrilled in saying that, but with ABC rallying for Old Christine, CBS would look stupid to let it go. If CBS were smarter, they would try AGAIN to open up a second comedy block with Big Bang and Rules, that way you have a very popular and growing lead in for this show.

nightgod473

[33]May 20, 2008
    • level: 5
    Well, it's been renewed for season three. Guess the naysayers were wrong...

DZA187

[34]May 22, 2008
    • level: 10

nightgod473 wrote:
    Well, it's been renewed for season three. Guess the naysayers were wrong...

One of my fav sitcoms since kings of queens but now season 3 is only an mid season show which is getting closer and closer to the axe at the moment. With cbs pulling the plug on most of their shows which run in mid season i cant see rules making it to season 4 with a full season of 22 ep's either

Canogaparkcindy

[35]May 25, 2008
    • level: 49
    danigro89 wrote:

Listen, I believe that this show will be renewed and here's why. Obviously anything out of Two and a Half Men will do great, (around 13 million viewers) Last year there were 3 shows in those time periods: Out of Practice, Courting Alex, and The New Adventures od Old Christine. All 3 shows did about the same ratings wise but CBS obviously favored Old Christine over Practice and Alex. Think about it, TNAOOC is more like its lead in Two and a Half Men. Both shows have the same kind of situation which is a single parent with a kid and both shows together would be a good match. Practice and Alex were cancelled because neither show could hold out on its own in the Wednesday night timeslot last March. Rules of Engagement has the same kind of set up as How I Met Your Mother: (three guys, two girls two couples and one guy single) so I believe that in May CBS will cancel The Class along with King of Queens and bring back TAAHM, TNAOOC, HIMYM, and ROE so the schedule for fall could look like this...

8:00 How I Met Your Mother

8:30 Rules of Engagement 

9:00 Two and a Half Men

9:30 The New Adventures of Old Christine

Or if Rules declines over the course of the next 6 weeks it could get cancelled and CBS could put a new show on Monday but regardless I believe that TAAHM, TNAOOC, and HIMYM are definitely returning while KOQ and The Class are not.

I would LOVE this schedule!!!

writingcode

[36]Feb 26, 2010
    • level: 1

This one is to keep, all my friends love it! It is the best "light" sitcom in years! Kids may notappreciateit because it is for the grown-up!!

KSB515

[37]Mar 1, 2010
    • level: 5
    This show is definetely a keeper. I will agree with the user fried cheese. Its a sitcom. Plain and simple, and it has its laughs. I can't get enough of it. I even put a remider on my phone that it starts today (01/03/2010). I LOVE JEFF, he is definetely my favourite character! And I like how he is married to Audrey, they make a good couple, he is the cool and irresponsible one and she keeps him on his feet. I love that. Adam and Jen are okay, they definetely fit the young couple theme. And Timmy with Russel, they are great, Timmy is really funny.

I think the show should keep going! At least until Adam and Jennifer get married, it should take 3 or 4 more seasons right!?

KEEP THE SHOW ON!!!!!!!!!

miss_wierd

[38]Mar 7, 2010
    • level: 13

I love this show! But why do they keep showing it later in the month and not in September?