Notes
    Quotes
    Episodes Summary
    Episodes Recap

Additional Information:

Nielsen Ratings
    User Comments
    Adding your Sources
    How Can I Become A Trusted User/Contributor?

--------------------------------------

Forum Guidelines

Off-Topics / Discussion of other TV shows
    Advertising
    Fan fiction
    Disruptive Posting / SPAM or Advertising / Insults of other users / Etc..
    In accordance with TV.com’s Terms of Use

--------------------------------------

Types of Submissions

- Allusions

An allusion is an indirect or passing reference to an existing form of media, be it to another TV program, a movie, a piece of music, or a book. When you are submitting allusions you have to add the name of the original media (TV Show, Movie, Book )

Example:
    :
    Lost

Cooper: I never awnser the phone during Lost.

Lost is an American drama television series that follows the survivors of a plane crash on a mysterious tropical island, somewhere in the South Pacific. It was created by Jeffrey Lieber and J.J. Abrams in 2001.

An allusion is and must be a reference and be specific. You shouldn't have something like “This is the same kind of thing than the other thing in that show!” If there is a quote in your allusion please follow TV.com standards (More Information Here)

A show referring to something in it’s own history and previous episodes is not an Allusion – that’s simply internal continuity. Also, if they explain the allusion on screen and make a direct reference, then it’s not an allusion.

Word definitions are not allusions, so please don't provide a definition of a word a character uses, no matter how obscure.

- Trivia

Trivia is any small detail or goof that might not be known to people who view an episode. Trivia is attached at the episode level, not the show level. It should be specific to what aired in the episode and not deal with off-camera events, which should be submitted in the "notes" form. A car license-plate number is trivia, But a producer walking off the set is a note.

Example:
    :
    Daniel states that Wormhole X-Treme! lasted three episodes. However, in Season 8's "Citizen Joe", Joe Spencer says it was cancelled after one episode.

Trivia can be “cross-platform” if the show is part of a franchise. Thus Stargate SG-1 Trivia that ties into Stargate: Atlantis is acceptable. Stuff across the various Star Trek series, is acceptable.

If you submit Trivia and you talk about actors or writers or background music choices or directing techniques... then you’ve strayed into Notes.

**Important**
    Trivia should be significant or at least of some interest. Yep, this is highly subjective – that’s why we, editors get paid the big bucks. As the editor, I reserve the right to refuse any trivia that I don't find useful to the guide.

Do not submit “first appearance of”-type material unless it’s of huge significance. Any episode of any series features a first or last or hundredth of something – again, this would result in dozens of such entries per episode. Internal continuity in general is expected and again, there are so many examples in shows these days that listing everyone would take dozens of entries. However, if the continuity is obscure and “trivial,” it may be accepted.

- Notes

Notes are off-camera tidbits about an episode. They should contain off-camera events that deal with a show's production. They should not deal with on-camera events or trivia.

If it’s not Trivia as above, then it’s probably production-related and we’re into Notes. Plot points aren’t Notes, either. Plot points go in the Recap. If there’s not a Recap, write one! Do not submit “best known as” Notes for guest stars. Do not submit “similar to something on another show".

If you are submitting music, please use this formatting
    :
    Featuring Music:
    - “abc123” by Boby
    - “2db” by John

- Quotes

Quotes are really simple, you just need to follow Tv.com standards. Example:
    :
    (while going into the kitchen)
    Brooke: So that's the boy that beat Nathan?
    (Peyton nods)
    Brooke: Well, he's good from behind.

( Character Action)
    Character: Character Quote.
    ( Character Action)
    Character: Character Quote. To have more examples, just look into previous episode in the guide and you should be fine. Also, I don't want to have a transcript of the show in an episode guide.

*Any quote who isn’t humorous, interesting or adding information to the guide will be rejected!*

- Episode Summary

Please DO NOT copy and paste summary from somewhere else!! If you’re copying information from another source without making any changes it’s a violation of copyright and the submission will be rejected! Write it yourself. A summary is not a recap of an episode - there is a section for that - and it shouldn’t contain any Spoilers. If you are submitting an episode summary be sure to have check your grammar and spelling. If there is no summary and you’re adding one, be sure to include the source(s) of your information.

- Episode Recap

An episode recap should be as neutral in tone as possible. Also, it shouldn’t have any grammar and spelling errors. If you need an example, please check the guides where I’m the editor and look at some existing recaps.

Additional Information

- Nielsen Ratings

You Cannot submit that kind of information! It will automatically be rejected. TV.com does not accept the use of these ratings because they are protected under the copyright laws. If other editors have accepted this kind of submission, you should delete it. A topic on this subject is available on the forum. With some research you should find it easily. Otherwise, you should contact the TV.com staff.

- User Comments

When you add a submission there's a mandatory section called the User Comments area. That section isn't for comments on the episode or the series in general, it's for comments about your submission. Basically the reason why your submission should be accepted. Usually it's a good idea to list your submission there as well, or some other notation for your own reference as to the submission (See “Sources”), just in case it's rejected incorrectly. If it's for a deletion or correction, please use it to list your reasons why it should be deleted or corrected.

- Sources

When you are submitting information like Guest Stars, Episodes Summary and any other submission that may require verification, you need to post your sources inside the submission, like I've said, I don't have the time to ask each of you about sources and there is a lot of source available on the internet.

Be aware that if a user post the same submission than you but include his sources, it will be accepted and yours will be rejected, sorry but I'm sure you understand.

Provide a specific source for all material. If there is a URL, provide the complete URL (rather than just "wikipedia").
    Use this code
    Code:
    <a href="http://www.usefulwebsiteaddress.com" target="_blank">Name Of The Link</a>

Do not forget the Http://

Also, IMDB isn't an accurate source of information, please confirm your information with other sites if possible.

- How Can I Become A Trusted User/Contributor?

Do not contact me about this! I won’t even respond! If I want you as a Trusted Contributor I will contact you! P.S. Trusted Users/Contributor are required by TV.com to have the following:
    - Need to have at least 40 points (TV.com standard)
    - Need to be one of the top 5 contributors (TV.com standard)

Forum Guidelines

- Off-Topics / Discussion of other TV shows

- TV.com specifically created the Off-Topic thread for forum games and such. Any and all such games, chain-type threads, lounges, and any other off-topic subjects can and should go there.

- Discussion of TV.com and forum policy is off-topic on the show discussion forum since they don’t concern the TV series, characters, storylines, etc. Feel free to discuss any off-topic issues in the Off-Topic Forum.

-Discussion of other TV shows (and this show cast in other TV shows), movies, "versus" threads, etc., should also tie directly in to discussion of the TV series. Otherwise it's off-topic.

- Any new off-topic threads posted here will be sent on to the moderation staff for resolution.

- Advertising

If you wish to advertise personal sites, include them in your signature or blog, do not post them here.

- Fan fiction

Fan fiction remains an iffy subject but appears to raise enough problems with copyright violation to make it a violation of Terms of Use as well. Back To Top

- Disruptive Posting / SPAM or Advertising / Insults of other users / Etc..

Your post(s) are subject to the TV.com’s Terms of Use for the forums, any violation will be deal with following those rules.

- In accordance with TV.com’s Terms of Use

All of this is in accordance with TV.com’s Terms of Use and has been discussed with TV.com staff. If you have any questions or concerns about TV.com policy, you should address them to a staff member.

Some Parts of this text were Originally created by Gislef
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.