Rules of Engagement Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

why is everyone rating the show so low?

dh4645

[1]Oct 17, 2007
    • level: 15

i don't understand.

it's funny.

i just got around to watching season 2 ep 1 and there were some very funny parts in it.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

millerem99

[2]Oct 18, 2007
    • level: 51

after seeing five minutes of it the other night, it is clearly overrated at 6.6

The guys all acted like boorish pigs and frat boys and the women just put up with it. The "humor" was simply not overly funny, either. David Spade's best days were SNL.

Edited on 10/18/2007 8:54am

lovemj

[3]Oct 19, 2007
    • level: 14
    millerem99 wrote:

after seeing five minutes of it the other night, it is clearly overrated at 6.6

The guys all acted like boorish pigs and frat boys and the women just put up with it. The "humor" was simply not overly funny, either. David Spade's best days were SNL.

Huh...almost makes me wonder why you took the time to go to the forum of a show you clearly didn't like...

ricos212

[4]Oct 21, 2007
    • level: 1
    After watching "Mr Fix it" and "Guy code", this is becoming the best sitcom on TV for me.

anky2cool

[5]Oct 28, 2007
    • level: 3
    My exact Thoughts...The last episode, Big Ladies, was quite funny but got got a revie of 3.5... Maybe it is just the women watching/voting.....

lenegorgem

[6]Nov 27, 2007
    I'm with you..I love it! I thought my DVR forgot to tape it this last night and almost had a cow! lol. Turns out it wasn't a new episode. Maybe the people are hitting the wrong keys b/c anyone watching it has to laugh. Do you happen to watch "till death"? That one's cool as well. Well, keep watching...I'll be right there with you.

anky2cool

[7]Dec 5, 2007
    lenegorgem wrote:
    I'm with you..I love it! I thought my DVR forgot to tape it this last night and almost had a cow! lol. Turns out it wasn't a new episode. Maybe the people are hitting the wrong keys b/c anyone watching it has to laugh. Do you happen to watch "till death"? That one's cool as well. Well, keep watching...I'll be right there with you.

Never heard of "Till Death". But will look into that, but does that have rating issues as well??

The show Chuck on NBC is also very funny....

ciscokid1970

[8]Jan 23, 2008
    Man this show is great. Hard to find a comedy that husband and wife can watch together. Flirting with disaster (the snoring episode) is one of my wifes personal favorites. Jeffs woobie is my favorite. I think Monday was a bad choice for this show...many of the audience who appreciate it are also guys who watch Monday Night football.

DZA187

[9]Feb 8, 2008
    • level: 10
    dh4645 wrote:

i don't understand.

it's funny.

i just got around to watching season 2 ep 1 and there were some very funny parts in it.

loving this show so far, it's sitcom classic in the making already. It's up there with the likes of Seinfeld & King of Queens to me, just can't wait for it's to come back with new ep's.

pmrg

[10]Feb 10, 2008
    I love this show one of my favorite comedy shows.... i watch it over and over :p and never get tired LOL Jeff is so funny.... omg :S

pisceandreams

[11]Feb 12, 2008
    • level: 40

The exact same thing is happening to "The New Adventures of Old Christine". The last few episodes of "Rules of Engagement" have the same number of "abysmal" votes as the last several episodes of "Old Christine", so it's obvious that there is voting sabotage going on. Someone at the "Old Christine" board thought that mabye fans of "Rules of Engagement" were sabotaging the votes, but the same thing is happening here.

How stupid can people be to deliberately sabotage a show's ratings at tv.com? I mean really, don't they have better ways to spend their time?

DZA187

[12]May 22, 2008
    • level: 10

i dont mind rules plus seinfeld show was a classic but rules is better than The New Adventures of Old Christine tho.

The New Adventures of Old Christine hasnt taken off big outside of the states either is a comedy which isn't really that funny and no way a classic in the shape of seinfeld, king of queens and two and a half men either.

Edited on 05/22/2008 4:03am

fresta

[13]Jun 16, 2008
    • level: 2
    I have no idea. I've just finished watchin' both season 1 and 2. And I just love this sitcom! Jeff is so damn funny! An easy ten!

bigcitygirl5

[14]Jun 24, 2008
    • level: 31
    I love this show so much!! It's so funny! I can't believe it is not getting better ratings.

andeverytime

[15]Aug 18, 2008
    • level: 4
    I don't get it either. I especially love Jeff and Russel. The humor is just great on this show and i don't know why people give it that bad ratings. I mean..come on...

coolRFRfan

[16]Sep 1, 2008
    • level: 2

I know, I think it should be rated higher as well, I rated it a 10, It is one of my fav show, but I don't know whne the new season starts up, does any one know, post a meassage below please if possilbe.

mp34mp

[17]Sep 19, 2008
    • level: 16
    DZA187 wrote:
    dh4645 wrote:

i don't understand.

it's funny.

loving this show so far, it's sitcom classic in the making already. It's up there with the likes of Seinfeld & King of Queens

There is no way it even comes close to Seinfeld, let alone King of Queens either. Seinfeld was like, groundbreaking television that pulled in huge ratings and won numerous awards. There was nothing like it before it came out. Seinfeld fans would be insulted to be compared to this show.

mp34mp

[18]Sep 19, 2008
    • level: 16
    pisceandreams wrote:

The exact same thing is happening to "The New Adventures of Old Christine". The last few episodes of "Rules of Engagement" have the same number of "abysmal" votes as the last several episodes of "Old Christine", so it's obvious that there is voting sabotage going on. Someone at the "Old Christine" board thought that mabye fans of "Rules of Engagement" were sabotaging the votes, but the same thing is happening here.

How stupid can people be to deliberately sabotage a show's ratings at tv.com? I mean really, don't they have better ways to spend their time?

Actually, neither is that funny. "Old Christine" was hard to sit through, and for this show, I had hopes for it, but... eh. There really isn't a lot of potential. They're going to have change the plot and subtract / add new characters. Tho David Spade is clearly the star of the show. And come on, there's bad shows on TV... they all can't get 7, 8 , 9, 10 votes.

Kimmi074

[19]Jun 11, 2011
    I wish I knew. iu love ths show. My boyfriend got me into it as well as Big Bang. I think it's hilarious! and Patrick with his facial expressions! He's a riot. Has our sides splitting some nights.

Kimmi

SteffenWittke

[20]Jun 25, 2011

I don't understand it either...!