Rules of Engagement

Snoozin for a Bruisin'

Aired Monday 8:30 PM Mar 08, 2010 on CBS

6.7
  • Adam and Jen are talking about how they don't have a side of the bed and how they sleep and it gives Audrey ideas about how she and Jeff sleep. In the end it gives her a black eye! Russell wants the latest gadget so he makes Tim stand in line for it.

Some funny moments here in this episode of Rules of Engagement. Specifically around the Tim piece of the story and a little around the Jeff and Audrey piece.

The Jeff and Audrey plot was funny until they started to concern themselves with abuse. There is nothing funny about the subject and the way in which they require caregivers to oversee that has gotten out of hand in the same way things are a little too PC at times otherwise. Not being a violent person myself I have not had first hand experience, but I know of a number of cases where simple accidents have turned into ridiculous situations that are embarrassing and unfortunate at best. So when they took the piece to that point it sort of ruined the whole skit.

The part with Jen and Adam was standard stuff. A little better than normal and I liked the interaction with Adam and his neighbor. It is funny how Adam is so worried what other people think. He likes those romantic vampire shows, but tells all the guys their stupid to fit in. He really needs to man up sometimes. Jen is a little overbearing at moments, but she wants what she wants. What's wrong with sleeping in the nude by the way?

Poor Tim. It was fantastic how he at least got to commiserate with those other workers. When they started to doubt him at his word and then they met Russell. Vindication!!! What does Russell pay him to take that abuse? Have we ever really found that out?

Not one of the best episodes of Rules, but entertaining none the least. I think this show really does best when it deals with interaction between all of them from Jeff and Audrey's perspective. We'll see how the rest of the season goes. Thanks for reading...